• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My first open house-tips please!

Christa

Dec 14, 2005
I am having my first open house and unveiling the HWC and mid season products. Its a Mystery Host Show (one guest will win the free product value). I really want this to be a successful party and get lots of bookings.

Please give me all of your best tips for an open house success!
Thanks!:)

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
Hi Christa!
The one thing I recommend is not going overboard with food. I had a ton left over and I even put in the invitation that I would have plenty of food. Another thing is to do a demo but make it very short and have most things prepared ahead (I had the Tomato Basil Squares). This is because if people are coming in and out at differnt times you'll want to be able to take orders and answer questions. HTH!

Last edited:

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
I would recommend not having it on a Sunday. That seems to be a family day and everyone I know who has had one on that day didn't have much luck.

Make sure you OVERINVITE! Just like you tell your hosts to do.

And do reminder calls. Remember that people do forget about these things and a personnal reminder from you will really help!!

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
Sunday

Funny, my hosts like doing Sunday because they know they don't have to compete with other events like soccer and stuff. Every group of people is different so go with what time/day you find best and schedule it....BEE

Princess

Oct 16, 2005
I had mine in March on a sunday...I overinvited like crazy and only 10 people came..it was a drop in and most of the people came right at the start. I didn;t demo anything but did have PC recipes made...it ended up being a $600show..but unfortunatly no bookings.

Sooner PC

Sep 30, 2005
My open house was on a Sunday - 2 people showed up and I invited over 150. Oh well. I had food left over, but luckily my church serves snacks at the evening service. I took them all up there.

Christa

Dec 14, 2005
Its on a Sunday 4/30 from 2-4...seems everyone has kids' sports on sat. here. I'm doing drawings every 15 min. to get people here early. Hoping to collect more outside orders. I'm going to stay positive!

Apr 1, 2006
I had an open house last night for the entire neighborhood. I also invited 35 friends and family. Only 5 of my family members showed up and NO NEIGHBORS! lol... I had tons of food too. It was horrendous. But it's okay, things like this happen to some but not to all. I hope this doesn't happen to you. I'm usually very positive on things, and I really don't want to shower you with negativity. I just needed to vent. :)

Good luck with your show!!! :)