• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning an Open House: Tips & Ideas for a Fun Event!

In summary, the open house will be on Saturday, October 14th from 1-4 PM. The start time will be at 1 PM, and a demo will be at 1/2 hour after the start time. There will be drawings for products that were received free last Saturday and a few from this season.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I am planning on doing an open house next month (I want our SS 12" skillet!). But I am a little unsure how to run it. I am inviting my entire email list, my neighborhood and fmaily/friends. I will be having drawings for product that I received FREE last SAT, and probably a couple from this season. I think I ave a good plan of action for inviting and for the drawing...but I need help with the actual open house. Do I just have product laying out with Potatos to try them out with, catalogs adn orders forms aroung, snacks??? How can I make it fun, I guess that's the real question. I won't be doing a normal demo b/c it is a come and go kind of thing. But I need ideas to get people to order, to have fun, and how to make it go smoothly.

Suggestions appreciated! :)

My suggestion is to have a set start time and do a little demo 1/2 hour after it starts. It's more of a party atmosphere if there is a group, rather than onesies or twosies.

ShellBeach said:
My suggestion is to have a set start time and do a little demo 1/2 hour after it starts. It's more of a party atmosphere if there is a group, rather than onesies or twosies.

I agree. I have done at least one "Open House" every year for the past 4 years. This time I did it as a party and did personal invites with a set start time and a demo....I did the best I ever had with sales, bookings and recruit leads. I highly recommend that over an open house.

I never EVER call mine an Open House. When you have an open house, people feel like they can just show up - or not. I've made up all kinds of names for mine - Spring Splash, Fall Extravaganza, etc....and on the invitation I put a start time.

It's pretty unstructured when they come though - except that about 30-45 minutes into it, I do a short presentation. (not a demo - it's too difficult for me to be the host and the consultant) do drawings for whatever I'm giving away, and then talk up booking for the following months. I've never had one that was under $600 in sales, but what I'm really looking for is bookings, and I average about 8 bookings every time I do this!

I have New Products displayed on one table, and then I have another table with Several new recipes for them to sample. (This year, I'm going to make it simple and do a Pantry Party set up with chicken and sauces, and dessert sauces w/ pretzels, etc...)

I also usually have a table with products to purchase, and I do a HUGE giveaway of products I've collected throughout the year, and doubles that I have from Sellathon & my Director's package.

It's completely fun and everyone loves it. It's gotten so big that now I just invite past hosts, and their guests. My past hosts start asking me in the Spring when the date will be. I know for a fact that a group of them planned their group camping vacation around the date of my party! :D

wow, that must have made you feel good! Planning around YOUR important event! Love it!

Great idea on not calling it an open house, too.

edit - when I said a 'demo' about a 1/2 hour after the starting time, I didn't mean do an actual recipe. I would have the food ready to go and people could get their drinks & snacks during the first half hour.
Then the small demo would be a brief talk about what's new, monthly special, credit cards preferred, when the party will close & they can expect their product, what the symbols in the catalog mean, etc.
Point out some tools you are loving at the moment, and if you DID want to have things set up so folks could try them, mention that.

Awesome, thanks you guys...I was nervous about actually calling it a party b/c of how many people I plan to invite, thank you for your suggestions!!! A couple questions again :) What day of the week do you usually have yours and do you have a copy of your invitations?
Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated

I would also love to see an example of an invitation. I just started selling in March and would love to try a Fall Kick Off so people can come and try the new products and taste some new fall recipes...Does anyone have one?

1. What are some tips for promoting my open house event?

To promote your open house event, you can use social media, invite friends and family, post flyers in your community, and collaborate with other local businesses to spread the word.

2. How can I make my open house event fun and engaging for guests?

Some ideas for making your open house event fun and engaging include having interactive demonstrations, offering door prizes or giveaways, providing tasting stations, and having a raffle or game.

3. How can I ensure that I have enough products and supplies for my open house event?

To ensure you have enough products and supplies for your open house event, you should plan ahead and make a list of all the items you will need. You can also offer pre-orders to get an idea of how much product to have on hand.

4. What are some creative ideas for decorating my open house event space?

Some creative ideas for decorating your open house event space include using themed decorations, incorporating your products into the decor, setting up a photo booth or backdrop, and using colorful tablecloths and banners.

5. How can I follow up with guests after my open house event?

To follow up with guests after your open house event, you can send a thank-you email or card, offer special discounts or promotions for attendees, and add them to your mailing list for future events and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PurpleAngel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ragschef
  • Rosebud
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pampered2007