• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Time for an Open House: Weekday or Weekend?

In summary, Lori recommends doing a regular show or an open house with recipes already made, but advises getting a good turnout by doing it during the week or on the weekend.
daricsmom
I am a new consultant and I am going to have an open house to kick off my new buisness. I am trying to decide if I should do a regular show or just have the open house be like from 4pm - 8pm?? and I was wondering if it is better to have it during the week or on the weekend? I want to have a good turn out so I wasnt sure exactly what to do? Thanks Chrissy

I always have mine on Saturday from 11-2 I hold it twice a year with each new product season
I had 12 guests attend and sales are at $1,302
I sent full sized catalogs to soem customers and mini catalogs to others
total invited 135
I never do a demo

I am also a new consultant and going to have an open house an a couple of weeks to kick off my business. I was wondering the same thing - regular cooking show or just an open house with some recipes already made and showcase my kit (everything you get when you sign up). I was thinking for an open house just having everything sit out would be nice b/c people may come and go through out the afternoon. Plus, I am new to my area so I know absolutely NO ONE (moved 500 miles away) and this might be a nice way to get to know my neighbors. Any ideas or tips would be wonderful?!

Lori-
Make sure that when you invite people, you do it in person and follow-up with them to remind them to come.

I too do not know anyone in my neighborhood, I moved a great distance as well.

My first open house I put flyers on my neighors doors (350 of them!), but because I didn't knock on the doors and introduce myself and personally invite them, and I didn't have a way to remind them to come, NO ONE showed up. I will be doing 2 Open Houses this time one on Sunday September 28 from 2pm-4pm and on October 4 10am -12pm. That way if someone can't come to one they might be able to come to the other! I am hoping I have better success this time.

GOOD LUCK!

I'm doing a Mystery Host show for my open house in the hopes of enticing attendees. I just had a party last month, so it's hard to expect the same people to want to come again w/out an incentive :)

Since you are new - I would suggest doing an actual show - you can still show off the new products and show your enthusiasm for your new business (and therefore get sales and bookings). I've never done open houses - just mystery host shows and they have all gone over great. My sales are generally $700 or more and I always get bookings from them as well. Also, the idea of getting something for free entices my guests to come back year after year (I split the host benefits between two of them and give each person a S/B just for coming) I also raffle off small items throughout the show as well. I've had good luck doing them at 1 pm on Sundays and generally everyone is out the door by 3:00 to 3:30. Good luck with what you decide to do!

I also agree about personally inviting people (if you can) and doing reminder calls - everyone has that senior moment!

Thank you to everyone for your ideas!! Thanks Chrissy

1. How can I make my open house stand out?

One way to make your open house stand out is by offering a unique theme or activity, such as a cooking demonstration or a tasting session. You can also provide special promotions or discounts for attendees.

2. What should I do to prepare for my open house?

To prepare for your open house, make sure to clean and declutter your space, set up attractive displays, and have plenty of product samples available for guests to try. You should also promote your open house through social media and other marketing channels.

3. How can I encourage people to attend my open house?

One way to encourage attendance is by sending out personalized invitations to your customers and potential leads. You can also offer incentives, such as a free gift or a chance to win a prize, for those who attend your open house.

4. What can I do to make my guests feel welcome?

To make your guests feel welcome, greet them with a smile and a friendly attitude. Offer them refreshments and engage them in conversation about your products. You can also provide a comfortable seating area for guests to relax in.

5. How can I follow up with guests after the open house?

After the open house, be sure to follow up with guests through a thank-you email or card. You can also offer them a special discount or promotion as a thank-you for attending. Additionally, make sure to keep in touch with them through your social media or email marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stephaniechefs
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • Rosebud
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • robochick84