• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Past Hosts (Same Person Booking)

so it's always up to the current host to decide who they would like to give the credit to.normally, yes, this month the current host only gets to choose ONE item period.
Tams
Gold Member
I have 2 past hosts who had a few of the same guests at each other's cooking shows. One of these guests indicated at check-out (at both shows) that she would host a show. The show is scheduled for tomorrow and both of the past hosts are coming. Will they both be eligible for the current month host special? I think they are both hoping to purchase one of the new Spring products at 60% off, but am not sure if they will both be eligible. How is this handled by PC?

Thanks! :confused:

No, I don't believe they are because you can only book one show from each host party. So only one of the hosts gets the booking benefit. The guest would have had to indicate two different show dates - one for each prior host.

There is only one past host benefit. I would probably give it to the first host she booked off of.

Tams, when you submitted each of the past host's shows, under which host did you "book" this current host under? That would dictate which one gets the benefit. If you "booked" under both, then it's going to be your call, which one did you give her the host packet at? Get a confirmed date? That would help me make the call. Just my two cents.

Only 2 host specials per show, one for the current host and one for the past host. You could discuss with the current host the problem and see who she feels she booked off of originally. I would discuss it with both past hosts at the same time. If one doesn't want the host special then the other can use it.

ChefKelebel said:
Tams, when you submitted each of the past host's shows, under which host did you "book" this current host under? That would dictate which one gets the benefit. If you "booked" under both, then it's going to be your call, which one did you give her the host packet at? Get a confirmed date? That would help me make the call. Just my two cents.

If you did submit a show for this current host under EACH of the past hosts, why not have one be this month's, and maybe she can do a catalog show later (or even now- if she has enough outside orders to collect). If you did it for MARCH with her, she'd get TWO current host products, and each of the past hosts would get their product. (If submitted by the 31st, I think you'd get the 2-show incentive for this month too!)

Not sure if that would work- depends on her cooking show sales, and how many outside orders she has.

normally, yes, this month the current host only gets to choose ONE item period.

Personally I would NOT discuss it with either of the past hosts. I would give the incentive to the original Host and explain to the second host what happened. You should never have added this person to a second hosts bookings in the first place. Otherwise what will happen is that you would be pitting one past host against the other. This could be a great way to loose both as future hosts. Ethics in my book, calls for it to go to the past host this person FIRST booked from. You could however, not discuss this with either of them and then quietly give the second past host a product at 60% off and eat the cost as a Consultant Gift. Then no one would be the wiser and you would never have to do this again as it would NOT be advertised the rest of the guests. You sure do not want it to happen again.

lt1jane said:
normally, yes, this month the current host only gets to choose ONE item period.

Her example was if the host did a cooking show for one of the past hosts and a catalog show for the other - 2 shows so she would get two 60% off.

And it's not "normal" to get a second item - it's a bonus in some months.

It happens. I have had a person book at one show and then later book at someone else's. I remind the person of the other booking and she will either recind the second one or say put it on anyway. Sometimes the second host is a better friend or she's a relative or someone the new host wants to help more than the first.

I would remind the current host that she booked from both and ask her who she wants to give the credit to. All parties usually understand. It's kind of like when there are co-hosts, only one gets the past host benefit and they have to decide.

She also may be planning to do another show for the second host. It is not your problem really, it is the current host's. She is the one who said she'd help 2 people so she needs to decide who. I have found that often the past host doesn't use the benefit anyway so it may be moot.

pampered1224 said:
quietly give the second past host a product at 60% off and eat the cost as a Consultant Gift. Then no one would be the wiser and you would never have to do this again as it would NOT be advertised the rest of the guests. You sure do not want it to happen again.
That's a good solution, John, if one of the past hosts gets cranky. Most people are understanding. Since the new products aren't too pricey, it's not too bad of a solution. At most the MFP is $49. 10% PHD puts it at $44.10. 20% commission on the $44.10 is $8.82. Less the $19.40 the past host pays and less the $8.82 commission, it puts the cost to you at $15.88. Sure, not what you want to put out of pocket, but it could be worth saving the relationship. And hopefully they pick a wedger or something else.I have put in the same person as a booking off of 2 hosts if they were the "sometime in the next few months" vague kind of booking. For example, Joan hosts in Jan. and Patty says "maybe this spring or summer." Patty attends Sue's show in March and again says "maybe." Well, the clock has been ticking and 2 months out of the 6 for Joan's past host booking benefit have already gone by. I put Patty in as a booking off of Sue to make sure that at least one of my past hosts gets the benefit. If Patty holds her show within 6 months of Joan's, I would probably give the past host benefit to Joan first.

Prime example of why tentative bookings aren't counted as bookings in P3. A "maybe" isn't supposed to count as a booking. You have to put in a date. Did you put in the same date 2 times? Did she actually book two shows? Or did you as the consultant put in a false date hoping she would book?
It's a tough place to be, but I would agree that you need to foot the bill and give it to them both.

1. What is the benefit of hosting a Pampered Chef party more than once?

The benefit of hosting a Pampered Chef party more than once is that you can earn even more free and discounted products. As a Two Past Host, you can earn 10% in free product credit for each party booked by your guests, up to $300 in additional free products.

2. How do I become a Two Past Host?

To become a Two Past Host, you must have hosted at least two successful Pampered Chef parties in the past. This means that at least $200 in sales were made at each party and at least one party was held within the past 12 months.

3. Can I combine the free product credit from my two past parties?

Yes, you can combine the free product credit earned from your two past parties as long as they were both held within the past 12 months. This means you can earn up to $300 in free products from your two past parties combined.

4. Are there any exclusions to the free product credit earned as a Two Past Host?

The only exclusions to the free product credit earned as a Two Past Host are for host-exclusive items and promotional products. These items can still be purchased at a discount using your host discount.

5. Can I still earn the host discount as a Two Past Host?

Yes, as a Two Past Host, you can still earn the host discount of 10% on any additional products you purchase. This discount is in addition to the free product credit you earn from hosting multiple parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • workingontwo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • TwinGirlsMom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies