• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Past Hosts & Bookings: Does HO Look at Names or # of Bookings?

convinces the one that booked to co-host a show, they are rewarded with the host benefits. This is why the number is important, because it is the number of bookings that the host has been a part of. If the one that booked does not want to co-host a show, then the host cannot use their number to get the benefits. It's not their fault if the other host backs out, and the host would still like to be credited for their work. The host benefits are basically a way for the host to be rewarded for helping to bring a show to fruition. If the host successfully...convinces the one that booked to co-host a show, they are rewarded with the
mpkegley
I know that I have seen a thread about this before, but I cannot find it now.
Does HO look at the names of just the # of bookings when they check the past host? I have a past host that had 3 bookings from her show in Oct. One of those hosts decided not to do a show and I had a maybe that finally decided to do a show, but was not put in before we closed the show. If HO only looks at # of shows, then could I use this other host as one of her bookings?

I would love for the past host to get the host special, especially since the one host backed out, KWIM? I hope that I have not confused you.

Sorry, it needs to be the actual one that booked. The only way they could get credit on the new host is if you convinced the one that booked and her to co-host a show.

I am relatively new, but my director explained to me that the number was all that was significant. The number of bookings were like credits and so could be used anywhere if absolutely necessary. Obviously, I don't advertise this to my host but this is what was explained to me. She said that the actual host name was not tracked, only one host benefit per show though.

Maybe someone else can verify it better but I just wanted to relay what I had been told.

Unless HO has changed how it worked, they actually go by the number and not the name. When this happens to me, I tell the host that I will try to submit the show with her as a previous host (that way I am covered if the procedures have changed).
(My guess is this is a win-win for TPC. They haven't lost a projected booking, they have a happy host, and a happy consultant.)
leggy

HO does go with the number, but thins of WHY HO does this for us. The idea is that the host helps us to encourage the booking to happen. They are rewarded for that. If you give it to a host and it wasn't their booking (before their show closes), then you are devaluing the host program and you are stealing from Pampered Chef.

It was a booking from her show, it was a maybe that didn't set a date until after the show. I had another lady that cancelled her show date and said that she just couldn't do a show. That is why I was wondering if I could put her in as past host since the other one did cancel. I don't want to steal from PC, I just feel that the past host should get the host special, KWIM?

This is why I tell all maybe guests that if we pencil a date in today, then the host will get credit. It's not fair to give her someone else's credit. What if the other host came back with in the 6 month time period and wanted to book? Then you wouldn't be able to give the past host the credit for the booking. Just remember, PC gives our hosts and past hosts such great benefits for a reason, trying to play up the rules isn't fair and if HO catches on they could change things to make it so we cannot do that any more.

This is just a question. If you have a maybe - why not just enter a date fot that person, any date. That way if/when they set it, the host will get the credit. And if they don't, it won't matter, will it?

fikibiff said:
This is just a question. If you have a maybe - why not just enter a date fot that person, any date. That way if/when they set it, the host will get the credit. And if they don't, it won't matter, will it?

You want to be careful how often you do this though. I always atleast make sure we pencil in a date before giving them the credit. They can change the date after that but if you don't have them at least set something, it's harder to track them down and actually get them to book. And never say that to a potential host. Just say something like "How about we pencil in a date tonight so Suzy can get the credit and I'll check back with you tomorrow to make sure that date works". You'll find out that way if they are really serious or not.

I can't agree with the term 'stealing" (but I respect the position...and the person who posted it).

If a host successfully replaces a lost booking, I have given her the credit. I have also selectively replaced lost bookings for hosts who had a friend cancel a scheduled booking (especially if it was due to an emergency). I feel very loyal to PC and don't advocate abusing the system, but I do believe that used selectively and intentionally this 'tool' can positively impact business.

We each know in our heart if we are being deceitful or self-serving. That is the gauge we each need to personally go by. (Having said all this, I have no interest in knowingly (or unknowingly) violating policy :eek: , so a phone call/inquiry to HO is on my to-do list!)

Last edited:
The way I approach it is this: During host coaching I regularly explain the host benefits. I use the Do You Love a Bargain flyer from TastyTidbits.net and show them that they can plan what host specials they want and ask their friends to have shows in those months so they can get the host special again. It also helps to get the booking when the upcoming host knows there is already an order! Then, at the show I explain the booking benefit and let people know that Suzy Host really wants the X for 60% off and is looking for someone who would like to host in that month. It is pretty powerful when the host chimes in, too! And, even more powerful when the past host is at the show and can be another voice of experience. Then at checkout I ask everyone about the opportunity as well as hosting. If they say no, I ask for a referral and explain my referral program. If they say yes, we set a date. If they are unsure, I ask if it might happen in the next 6 months and explain that if it does, the host gets the host special again. If not, no harm done since I am not out a night of work since I haven't gotten a date from them. I do try to get an approximate month so I can call them the month before to see if it would work for them. If the bookings try to back out, I let the host know and if s/he wants the booking benefit, s/he will try to get them to keep the booking.Now, my referral program might be able to help you in the current situation. If someone refers a host to me, they get $25 to spend AT THE SHOW. If they refer a consultant, they get $25 to spend with the new consultant WHEN S/HE QUALIFIES! This is something I personally do.

janetupnorth said:
Sorry, it needs to be the actual one that booked. The only way they could get credit on the new host is if you convinced the one that booked and her to co-host a show.

In reading the rest...you are correct, it goes by the number which is assigned to a name which is tied to a show. They don't put multi-layer checks in except to say that person had "X" bookings and gets "X" credits.

However, that being said, if you put it in with the "wrong" show and HO wanted to an audit of your shows. They would have every right to assign some type of penalty for misusing it other than the policies state.

Hence, why I would stand my ground on it needing to be the one that books.

Would you want to lose and incentive or something because you played around with things?

Granted, situations arise, but I'd try to get the original one to still hold the show or something else or give the past host another incentive.

The booking benefits are created to help US as consultants by having people book shows of the cooking shows and keep our businesses running. As many have said, if we "find a loophole" and work around the system, the system will change and we may not like it...

1. How does Pampered Chef keep track of past hosts?

Pampered Chef keeps track of past hosts through their database. Each time a host books a party, their information is recorded and added to the database.

2. Does Pampered Chef look at the names of past hosts or just the number of bookings?

Pampered Chef looks at both the names of past hosts and the number of bookings. Both factors are important in determining the success of a host and their potential for future bookings.

3. How does being a past host benefit me in terms of future bookings?

Being a past host can benefit you in several ways. First, it shows that you are familiar with the Pampered Chef products and have already had a successful party. This can make potential guests more likely to book a party with you. Additionally, past hosts often receive special incentives and discounts for future bookings.

4. Is there a limit to how many times I can host a Pampered Chef party?

There is no limit to how many times you can host a Pampered Chef party. In fact, many successful consultants have repeat hosts who love hosting parties and earning rewards.

5. Can I still earn rewards and discounts as a past host?

Yes, as a past host, you can still earn rewards and discounts for hosting a party. Pampered Chef values their past hosts and offers special incentives for them to continue hosting parties and spreading the word about their products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • PamperedchefDaly