• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings Vs. Potential Bookings

I always book the host off herself & the "potentials" with a bogus date. I do not build shows for these. On my actual bookings, I go ahead & establish the show. 3 months after a show, I e-mail out a reminder to the host & to her "potential" hosts that the Past Host booking benefit will expire in ____ month. If I thought that they were really serious about booking, then I'll call them. I called one 3 weeks ago & just did her party last weekend. She's currently in the $900 range & thinks she'll hit $1,200 before we close this week.So make sure you FOLLOW UP with the potential bookings! :DI try to
LilChefBeth
So I'm a newbie and I just submitted my third show, and I just noticed that when I finalized the show, it says something about only bookings from the show count toward the past host benefit...and that the host will not benefit from potential bookings. Does that mean if someone from the show decides to book after the show is submitted, or a potential booking turns into a real booking, that the host wont get credit? I'm not quite sure how it works...

I hope the way I worded that makes sense...lol

LilChefBeth said:
So I'm a newbie and I just submitted my third show, and I just noticed that when I finalized the show, it says something about only bookings from the show count toward the past host benefit...and that the host will not benefit from potential bookings. Does that mean if someone from the show decides to book after the show is submitted, or a potential booking turns into a real booking, that the host wont get credit? I'm not quite sure how it works... I hope the way I worded that makes sense...lol
That's exactly what it means. Only a booking with a date set will count. NOW, bare in mind, you can set a date, but it doesn't HAVE to stay that date- it can be rescheduled - as long as it occurs within the 6 month window from the original show. (You'll notice the fine print on Host Special Flyers mentions the Past Host Benefit and that their show must have been after a certain date.) But when you submit, for it to count for the host's Booking Benefit, you do have to give a date. Does that make sense??

Yes it does. I just wish I would have paid more attention to it when I submitted the first show, because I only put down the two women who were interested as potential bookings because they werent sure when they wanted to book. :/ Oh well, lesson learned for next time.

Congrats on submitting 3 shows! Just another tip....you may want to ask the host permission to book them again in 5-6 months. There's no obligation to host, but should they decide to host a show within the next 6 months....they'll qualify for the host special twice. Double dipping, per se.

I always book the host off herself & the "potentials" with a bogus date. I do not build shows for these. On my actual bookings, I go ahead & establish the show. 3 months after a show, I e-mail out a reminder to the host & to her "potential" hosts that the Past Host booking benefit will expire in ______ month. If I thought that they were really serious about booking, then I'll call them. I called one 3 weeks ago & just did her party last weekend. She's currently in the $900 range & thinks she'll hit $1,200 before we close this week. ;)So make sure you FOLLOW UP with the potential bookings! :D

I try to always add potential bookings even if I don't have a definite yes and a set date because if they don't, the host doesn't get the benefit and if they do, the host does! It's not like the host will end up getting the benefit when the other show never happened. Plus, it might encourage the original hostess to encourage the potential host to commit since she'd be getting something out of it.

I set a penciled-in date with those bookings. I assure them that I'll check back with them to make sure that the date actually works. I also assure them that the PC Police won't show up at their door if they change their minds and force them to host a party. It's common for one of these hosts to change the date, but unusual for them to cancel completely.

This is why I love how the booking benefit works. I can key in the booking, even if I don't have a solid date, and not feel guilty about costing the company money if the show never holds.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Congrats on submitting 3 shows! Just another tip....you may want to ask the host permission to book them again in 5-6 months. There's no obligation to host, but should they decide to host a show within the next 6 months....they'll qualify for the host special twice. Double dipping, per se.

That is a fantabulous idea!

I'm stealing this one! I do this for myself regularly becuase I host a lot of my own shows because i cannot seem to get hosts in my own area to volunteer! And i've had THREE shows for this month cancel on me! I still have ONE left, but if I didn't host my own shows, I'd never get any of the incentives!

I'm going to start pushing this one to all my new hosts!
THANKS!

What is the difference between a booking and a potential booking?

A booking is when a customer or host has scheduled a party or event with you as their Pampered Chef consultant. A potential booking is when someone has expressed interest in hosting a party, but has not yet scheduled a specific date.

Can I still earn rewards or commission from potential bookings?

Yes, you can earn rewards and commission from potential bookings as long as they eventually convert into actual bookings. It's important to follow up with potential bookings and encourage them to schedule a party.

How can I increase my potential bookings?

There are several ways to increase potential bookings, such as hosting virtual parties, offering incentives for hosts, and utilizing social media to reach a larger audience. You can also ask satisfied customers to refer you to their friends and family.

What should I do if a potential booking doesn't convert into a booking?

If a potential booking doesn't convert into a booking, don't be discouraged. Follow up with the potential host and offer alternative options, such as a catalog or online party. You can also ask if they would like to schedule a party in the future.

How can I keep track of my potential bookings?

Pampered Chef has a tool called the "Potential Bookings" list where you can keep track of all your potential bookings. You can also use a planner or spreadsheet to track potential bookings and follow up with them regularly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DeeDee616
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • stephanieboyd