• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Change in Past Host Booking Benefit Starting 9/10

In summary, the Special Edition CN states that starting in September, shows must hit $150 in sales before the past host can redeem her booking benefit. This means that every show submitted will now be at least $150 commissionable. The host will still receive a benefit of the past host order, but it will only count towards their show total once other orders reach $150. This change was made to ensure that parties make a profit, rather than just breaking even with the deep discount of the past host order. The change will take effect on September 1st, 2010. Additionally, starting in July, the $80 kit will be available for recruitment. The link to the Special Edition CN is not yet available online, but will be
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I didn't see this posted:

The Special Edition CN states on page 24 that starting with September shows a show must hit $150 in sales before the past host can redeem her booking benefit. WAHOO! Now every show submitted will be at least $150 commissionable and therefore if someone submits a show they know they have qualified for the month.

The host still gets a benefit of the past host order because it can raise her show total to a new level. An example is given with the notice.

I personally love this change!

I do too! It helps keep things neat and tidy! :)

does anyone have the link to the special edition cn

OK now I am confused. I thought that was true before now. When I put in the host special the past host wanted last night, she was first in line with her order, it would not go in until the guest sales hit $150. So how is this change different? HELP I DO NOT UNDERSTAND AND I READ IT TOO!

pampered1224 said:
OK now I am confused. I thought that was true before now. When I put in the host special the past host wanted last night, she was first in line with her order, it would not go in until the guest sales hit $150. So how is this change different? HELP I DO NOT UNDERSTAND AND I READ IT TOO!

I was thinking the same thing, John.

Well, it says starting in September and I know that in the past when the special was, say cookware, it was possible to have just the past host order and maybe a small other item and that was enough to call it a show.

pampered1224 said:

BethCooks4U said:
Well, it says starting in September and I know that in the past when the special was, say cookware, it was possible to have just the past host order and maybe a small other item and that was enough to call it a show.

Right. In the past, a host could get a booking for a month in which the cookware was the host bonus. The past host could then order a full set of cookware, and even at 60% off it would be more than $150. Since the booking benefit purchase counts as guest sales, that would qualify the order as a show by itself, but it's not making any money for anyone at such a deep discount.

Noora's right. It wasn't the Host Special but the Past Host Special that changed. That order will still count toward the host's show total, but not until other orders total $150.

OK now I get it but still, when I entered Kristie's, the past host and the first order I put in, order last night, the red stop dot appeared and would not clear until after the other guest orders I put in equaled $150. Will a show submit with that red dot? I never tried to do that because of all the warnings and such so it may already be in place? But yeah, that makes sense to me as it would really stink if we did not make any money on a party even if we did not have to really work for it. But thanks for the clear up!

Hmm, that change isn't supposed to take place until 9/1/10. Still, that's what would happen. The other orders would have to total $150 before the red dot disappeared. The red dot only becomes the red dot of death if it's still there when you try to submit.

Are we able to recruit at the $80 kit starting this July?

Starting Monday.

You can order the $80 kit starting Monday.

niktim3 said:
does anyone have the link to the special edition cn

i dont think its up, i think they are refering to hard copies from conference. If i am wrong can someone please correct me. :D (hopefully by posting the link:D)

raebates said:
Noora's right. It wasn't the Host Special but the Past Host Special that changed. That order will still count toward the host's show total, but not until other orders total $150.

That's what I said in the starting post of this thread.

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
OK now I get it but still, when I entered Kristie's, the past host and the first order I put in, order last night, the red stop dot appeared and would not clear until after the other guest orders I put in equaled $150. Will a show submit with that red dot? I never tried to do that because of all the warnings and such so it may already be in place? But yeah, that makes sense to me as it would really stink if we did not make any money on a party even if we did not have to really work for it. But thanks for the clear up!

The reason the red dot was there when the past host order goes in first is because the show doesn't qualify yet for either the host or past host to get the 60% off item. Once the total guest orders reach $150 (INCLUDING the past host 60% off item) the dot goes away. Starting with Sept. shows the guest orders much reach $150 WITHOUT the past host 60% off item.

BethCooks4U said:
That's what I said in the starting post of this thread.

Yes, you did. Then again, since when do most of us read all the way through a thread from the beginning? :p

pampered1224 said:
But yeah, that makes sense to me as it would really stink if we did not make any money on a party even if we did not have to really work for it.

I've done it once. It was for a very good friend who had hosted a show in the fall, and I had re-booked her from her own show, so she got the cookware at 60% off. I knew I wasn't going to make any money on it and it didn't bother me, because I knew I was helping her out.

However, I doubt HO makes any money off the show either. We don't get commissions on 60% off items, and I'm pretty sure it's because HO really doesn't make anything off it either. On top of that, they're giving the Host of the show at least $15 in Free Product if it's entered as a Cooking Show, and at least a 20% discount on other items, as well as $4.25 shipping and the opportunity to also purchase the host special (also at 60% off), and a 10% PHD for the next year. It makes sense that they would want to have at least $150 in commissionable sales to cover some of those costs.

I love this change, too! Partially because we don't get commission on the past host's order, so if that is part of the $150 sales for the show, it means we make less than $30. This change helps both us and Pampered Chef (well, and the host, too, because it helps them get more free.) Its a win-win-win! :thumbup:

angel7581 said:
I thought that Jean said the mini-kit was available NOW. (but I don't see it on the websites)

esavvymom said:
I thought that Jean said the mini-kit was available NOW. (but I don't see it on the websites)

I thought she said the 19th...

angel7581 said:
Thank you!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought she said the 19th...

I must have confused it with something else. :)

esavvymom said:

I think she more meant that it was coming out before the new fall selling season.

I THINK I had a show like this in April ... when I was holding on by my fingernails. I had an order earlier in the month which should have gone on that show but didn't. So if the past host ordered a triffle bowl at $15.80 (60 percent off) then it only would have needed to be $134.20 to close. (I think it actually was over $150 anyway, but let's use that as an example.)Imagine, however, if someone had told me they intended to have an order direct shipped to them and I believed them, but they didn't turn it in 'til May ... I would have lost EVERYTHING.This clears up a lot of confusion ... it has to hit $150 commissionable for the host to get her special, so why not the past host?

esavvymom said:

I doubled checked my notes from that General Session and I wrote down 7/19.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I THINK I had a show like this in April ... when I was holding on by my fingernails. I had an order earlier in the month which should have gone on that show but didn't. So if the past host ordered a triffle bowl at $15.80 (60 percent off) then it only would have needed to be $134.20 to close. (I think it actually was over $150 anyway, but let's use that as an example.)

Imagine, however, if someone had told me they intended to have an order direct shipped to them and I believed them, but they didn't turn it in 'til May ... I would have lost EVERYTHING.

This clears up a lot of confusion ... it has to hit $150 commissionable for the host to get her special, so why not the past host?

Well, actually now the show has to be $150 for the past host to get hers too. The difference is the past host's order of her 60% off item will no longer count toward the $150.

BethCooks4U said:
Well, actually now the show has to be $150 for the past host to get hers too. The difference is the past host's order of her 60% off item will no longer count toward the $150.

I think that's what she was saying...it was posed as a question, but I don't think she was actually asking the question.

That is exactly what I was saying ... had the show been less than $150 and had my order not come through as promised I might have lost EVERYTHING even though it was a qualifying show under the old record. I was simply saying that I think it's more fair this way. After all, why should a past host get a benefit the current host doesn't have?

ETA ... the April show was actually $152 commissionable (I placed an order myself to ensure it would qualify) and I knew it would have been OK to order a little less because my individual order had already been submitted. but I am a bit nervous that way.

Di_Can_Cook said:
That is exactly what I was saying ... had the show been less than $150 and had my order not come through as promised I might have lost EVERYTHING even though it was a qualifying show under the old record. I was simply saying that I think it's more fair this way. After all, why should a past host get a benefit the current host doesn't have?

ETA ... the April show was actually $152 commissionable (I placed an order myself to ensure it would qualify) and I knew it would have been OK to order a little less because my individual order had already been submitted. but I am a bit nervous that way.

I still think I'm misunderstanding what you are saying. Even now the past host would not get the benefit without the current host also getting it.

The way it is now the past host can order the bonus product before the show hit's $150 but she would not GET it unless the show reached $150 and at that point the current host would also get it. Neither would get the benefit if the total show wasn't at least $150 because the order couldn't be sent in as a show until that point.

The difference after Sept 1 is that the past host 60% off order will no longer count toward the required $150.

OK, sigh, here AGAIN is my example of the old system:* Guests order $134.20
* Past host orders a host special for $15.80
* BOTH host and past host get the 60 percent item.Had the past host not placed an order, the party wouldn't be $150 and the host wouldn't have been able to close her show or order a host special.And had the consultant not had a $29 order placed that month, she'd be inactive.THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE OLD SYSTEM. The past host gets to order a host special which the host would not have been able to do without her order. Shows that aren't $150 commissionable go in, and everything is confusing. New way is much simpler..

Di_Can_Cook said:
OK, sigh, here AGAIN is my example of the old system:

* Guests order $134.20
* Past host orders a host special for $15.80
* BOTH host and past host get the 60 percent item.

Had the past host not placed an order, the party wouldn't be $150 and the host wouldn't have been able to close her show or order a host special.

And had the consultant not had a $29 order placed that month, she'd be inactive.

THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE OLD SYSTEM. The past host gets to order a host special which the host would not have been able to do without her order. Shows that aren't $150 commissionable go in, and everything is confusing. New way is much simpler..
This is true and I agree with what was wrong with the way it currently is and that's why I'm so happy they changed it. Many consultants missed the fact that their $150 show was just a $134 show because of the past host bonus. For us this is a GREAT change.

...however, the host COULD/WOULD have gotten it to $150 by getting an order from someone else. You had stated: "After all, why should a past host get a benefit the current host doesn't have?" And MY point is that NEITHER can get the bonus unless the show is $150. Currently the past host HELPS the host get to $150 sooner so from a lazy host's prospective the new rule hurts her.

It will be easy to host coach it: "Once the show reaches $150 in sales you get the host bonus for the month in which your friend hosts her show".

1. What is the change in the past host booking benefit for Pampered Chef shows starting on 9/10?

The change in the past host booking benefit for Pampered Chef shows starting on 9/10 is that the show must now hit $150 in sales before the past host can redeem their booking benefit.

2. Will every show now be at least $150 commissionable due to this change?

Yes, every show submitted will now be at least $150 commissionable, ensuring that the host will qualify for the booking benefit for that month.

3. Will the past host still receive a benefit from their past host order?

Yes, the past host will still receive a benefit from their past host order. This can also potentially raise their show total to a new level.

4. Can you provide an example of how this change will affect the past host's booking benefit?

An example provided in the notice states that if a past host submits a show and their total sales reach $300, they will earn a booking benefit of $30 instead of the previous $20 for a $300 show.

5. What is your personal opinion on this change?

Personally, I love this change as it ensures that every show submitted will be commissionable and gives the past host the opportunity to potentially earn a higher booking benefit. It also motivates hosts to have their shows reach the minimum sales requirement of $150.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
K.Shaffer
  • Geekgirl69
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies