• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking Benefit Follows the Host, Need the Info

you are the host of a consultant-hosted show, you are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past host discount. This means had the new consultant been the host, she could not go to the shows booked from her show, because she is now a consultant. However, if you are the past host of a consultant-hosted show, you are still eligible for the monthly host special. This is found on the fourth page of the Policies and Procedures.
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
I know that the booking benefit follows the host but where does it actually say that? I have a past host who had a recruit lead at the show. I penciled her in as a booking in the hopes it would be her kick off show. It now is, (she signed with somebody else but that's a different issue). She is telling the past host he is not eligible for the benefit at her kick off show (yes it is in the 6 month frame). Where is it listed?TIA!ETA, I have been looking in P&P and here for quite a while now.

Last edited:
I can't right off the top of my head tell you where it would be in writing, but it sounds like the new consultant is confusing the rule about booking benefits when it comes to the new consultant.

In the P&P under "Consultant-hosted Shows" it says

You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past host discount.

This means had the new consultant been the host, she could not go to the shows booked from her show, because she is now a consultant.

Here's a thought, would it be on the packing slip where the Past Host Discount card is? I don't have any on hand to check.

I'm not sure where it is either but the booking follows the Host not the Consultant...

Intuitively, I would say that the past host would not get the booking benefit from the new recruit's show. If you were to hold your own show, you cannot have a past host colllect on a booking benefit. You should call career solutions to verify this. There may be some creative way around this.

it would be listed on the receipt of the new consultant when she hosted her show. Thats where mine show up. If you can contact the person she did a show with, they can look it up as well. I don't think its a problem, just put in the host special.

cookingwithlove said:
Intuitively, I would say that the past host would not get the booking benefit from the new recruit's show. If you were to hold your own show, you cannot have a past host colllect on a booking benefit. You should call career solutions to verify this. There may be some creative way around this.

When I first booked my show from my friends show and then signed and made it my kick off show, he did get the past host special at the show. I just need to know where it says that the bookings follow the host.

if my host has a friend who books off her show, then that friend becomes a consultant and turns that booking into her kick off show, i don't see why that would affect the host bennefit. i would call HO to verify that, but it makes no sense to me to penalize a the person who the new consultant booked off of. just my 2 cents.

If anyone can remember when the new host program started I can find the info. It was in the CN that month and also online for the longest time under 'downloads' titled new host program. I can't remember if that's two or three years ago though. I'm thinking 3. I'll look at my past CN's, (KCN's back then) tomorrow unless now that I've pointed in the direction someone else beats me to it. I searched on CC and it's not there anymore and I know our host program is not in the PP.

kcjodih said:
If anyone can remember when the new host program started I can find the info. It was in the CN that month and also online for the longest time under 'downloads' titled new host program. I can't remember if that's two or three years ago though. I'm thinking 3. I'll look at my past CN's, (KCN's back then) tomorrow unless now that I've pointed in the direction someone else beats me to it. I searched on CC and it's not there anymore and I know our host program is not in the PP.

It was in 2005. S/s of 2005. B/c when I signed up that is when the new system had just gone into place. I hope this helps!!

Geekgirl69 said:
When I first booked my show from my friends show and then signed and made it my kick off show, he did get the past host special at the show. I just need to know where it says that the bookings follow the host.

Well that is good to know, because I did think the host benefits were lost once her booking signed.

This is on the 4th page of the Policies and Proceedures.

Booking Benefit/Monthly Host Special
If the past host (from whom the Show was booked) wants
to order the Monthly Host Special, write it on the sales
receipt in the space provided. No other guest may order
the Monthly Host Special. The past host may not apply
the 10% past host discount to the Monthly Host Special.

It makes no exception if that booking has now signed to be a consultant. I think this is all that you are going to find.

Last edited:

1. How does the booking benefit work for the host?

The booking benefit is a reward for the host of a Pampered Chef party. For every party booked from their party, the host will receive a credit towards free products.

2. How does the booking benefit follow the host?

The booking benefit will follow the host for up to 6 months after their party. This means that any parties booked from their party within that time frame will still count towards their booking benefit credit.

3. Do I need to provide any information for the booking benefit to follow the host?

No, you do not need to provide any information for the booking benefit to follow the host. Our system will automatically track and apply the credit for any parties booked from their party within the 6 month timeframe.

4. Can the booking benefit be used towards any products?

Yes, the booking benefit credit can be used towards any product in our catalog. It is a great way for the host to get their favorite products for free!

5. Is there a limit to how many booking benefits a host can receive?

No, there is no limit to how many booking benefits a host can receive. The more parties booked from their party, the more credit they will receive towards free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• workingontwo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies