• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a consultant still receive booking benefits from a self-hosted show?

In summary, if you are a consultant and have hosted a show before, you are still eligible for the booking benefit at a show if you end up being the consultant at the show. However, if you are a consultant and have hosted a show and are hosting a show now, you are not eligible for the booking benefit.
turtle15
1. If I hosted a show before I became a consultant, am still eligible for the booking benefit at a show if I end up being the consultant at the show?

2. Am I eligible (as a consultant) for the booking benefit at a show that was booked of a self-hosted show?

Thanks!

No...the way around this I have done is put it in someone else's name as Co-Host. For example, for my Recruit's first Show, her Mom was the Co-Host so all booking benefits go to her Mom for the bookings from that Show. If you Host your own Show, you get no booking benefits unless you show someone else as your Co-Host. For "outside/booth/random" orders, I usually put in my DD as Host.

Hmmm - it seems to be letting me put in the info for senario #1.

pcchefjane said:
No...the way around this I have done is put it in someone else's name as Co-Host. For example, for my Recruit's first Show, her Mom was the Co-Host so all booking benefits go to her Mom for the bookings from that Show. If you Host your own Show, you get no booking benefits unless you show someone else as your Co-Host. For "outside/booth/random" orders, I usually put in my DD as Host.

NO!

If the consultant is host she can not have a co-host.

You are cheating the company by going around the rules like this. PC is so generous to us. We can get the new products free, we can earn PC$$ to get products free, we can get new products at half price, we can get products at 40% off in April (and new consultants also get that discount in their 4th month), we can hold a show any time and get the 60% off.

DON'T BEND THE RULES OR THEY WILL MAKE THEM HARDER FOR US!

To answer the original question: No you don't get the booking benefit in either circumstance but the benefits of being a consultant are much better - PC takes care of their consultants!

BethCooks4U said:
PC takes care of their consultants!

I totally agree with this, and I am not looking for a way around the rules. Are you sure that #1 won't work? Like I said, it is letting me enter it into P3 with my past host #. (The show someone else hosted.)

turtle15 said:
I totally agree with this, and I am not looking for a way around the rules. Are you sure that #1 won't work? Like I said, it is letting me enter it into P3 with my past host #. (The show someone else hosted.)

If you call HO they will tell you no. It will let you enter it because you have a past host number but they would most likely catch it when they process the order.

Ok, thanks!

turtle15 said:

I am a little confused by this... Who is the past host? If you the consultant booked a show from somebody, then hosted and consulted at your show, your past host can get the benefit. (For example for clarity - I booked my show at my friend Paul's show. At my kickoff, Paul was able to get the 60% off item even tho I was host and consultant of the show.)

I was the host in Nov. and had a few shows booked off mine. I then became a consultant in Dec. My recruiter gave me all the shows booked from mine. Yesterday I was the consultant at a show that was booked off the show that I was just the host of.
Clear as mud?

I would think of it this way, instead of getting the 60% off product, you are getting the commission on the show! It's a nice trade! (of course 60% off knives or cookware is really good, so I could see how you might wish to get this month's host special ;) ) Plus you will be getting commission on the future shows that book from it. :)

babywings76 said:
I would think of it this way, instead of getting the 60% off product, you are getting the commission on the show! It's a nice trade! (of course 60% off knives or cookware is really good, so I could see how you might wish to get this month's host special ;) ) Plus you will be getting commission on the future shows that book from it. :)

Oh, I agree! I just didn't want to miss out on it if I was allowed to do it. I figure it never hurts to ask.

turtle15 said:
1. If I hosted a show before I became a consultant, am still eligible for the booking benefit at a show if I end up being the consultant at the show?

2. Am I eligible (as a consultant) for the booking benefit at a show that was booked of a self-hosted show?

Thanks!

I can answer "yes" to #1 because I recently encountered this situation. I hosted a catalog show and then became a consultant. One of the ladies at my catalog show booked a show off of my show, and when I submitted her order, I also got the hostess special (the booking benefit). I even called Home Office, and they said it was perfectly fine as long as I entered my host code. The lady I spoke with said it was no problem at all. So, I got a nice skillet for 60% off when I submitted my first cooking show!

:)

dancedivine said:
I can answer "yes" to #1 because I recently encountered this situation. I hosted a catalog show and then became a consultant. One of the ladies at my catalog show booked a show off of my show, and when I submitted her order, I also got the hostess special (the booking benefit). I even called Home Office, and they said it was perfectly fine as long as I entered my host code. The lady I spoke with said it was no problem at all. So, I got a nice skillet for 60% off when I submitted my first cooking show!

:)

how did you enter it in P3? Did you put yourself as co-host?

I actually was able to receive the booking benefit myself from shows that booked from my grand opening too. It was in Oct (I think) when the SA were 60% off...I just entered an order with the show, with my name as the guest, & it allowed me to get the special. I never gave it a thought that I might not be able to receive the BB being that the show was booked off of mine? hmmmmmmmmmm

Well that's really interesting. I wonder why HO said it was okay, when it says it's not in the P&P? Here's what it says:Consultant-hosted Shows
You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own
Show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions
as follows:
• You receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.

In addition, please note:
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not count toward
the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

:confused:
babywings76 said:
Well that's really interesting. I wonder why HO said it was okay, when it says it's not in the P&P? Here's what it says:

Consultant-hosted Shows
as follows:
host discount.
host discount.

downline Consultant.

OK....bear with me here....I'm trying to understand all this. So, this is for Consultants hosting shows only, right? Let's say I hosted a show last month - before becoming a consultant - and a friend of mine booked a show at my show. Then, a few weeks later I decide to become a consultant. Am I still eligible to recieve the past host discount at her show (that she hosts, but that I do for her?) I'm thinking that the situation I'm talking about is a bit different that what you've posted from P&P...at least the way I'm reading it. What do you think? :confused:

You know, I always thought this was cut and dried. If you signed to become a consultant, you forfeited the Host Bonus from shows booked from yours.

But now, I'm not so sure, after hearing what a couple of you were told by HO. So, it appears that if the shows were booked from a show you hosted BEFORE you became a consultant, and then you become a consultant, you are still entitled to the host bonus for those shows booked previously...:confused:

If this is the case, then I have several consultants on my team who lost out on some great host bonuses...:(

I just e-mailed HO about it. I asked them to clarify this policy for this type of situation. I'll let you know what I hear back. Probably won't hear until next week sometime since today is Saturday.

You also have to realize that some people may not always have the right answers at HO. That's the reason why the policy and procedures are in place. The answer to both questions is NO. We are given so many opportunities as a consultant to get products at a great discount or free that HO keeps the booking benefits for our hosts.

babywings76 said:
Well that's really interesting. I wonder why HO said it was okay, when it says it's not in the P&P? Here's what it says:

Consultant-hosted Shows
as follows:
host discount.
host discount.

downline Consultant.

It was not a consultant hosted show.... My friend hosted the show (who booked her show off the show I had before I became a consultant). So, I assume this is why Home Office said it was ok.... Hope that helps! :)

jross93 said:
:confused:OK....bear with me here....I'm trying to understand all this. So, this is for Consultants hosting shows only, right? Let's say I hosted a show last month - before becoming a consultant - and a friend of mine booked a show at my show. Then, a few weeks later I decide to become a consultant. Am I still eligible to recieve the past host discount at her show (that she hosts, but that I do for her?) I'm thinking that the situation I'm talking about is a bit different that what you've posted from P&P...at least the way I'm reading it. What do you think? :confused:
This is exactly the situation I encountered. I called Home Office to ask them if I could have the booking benefit (since I would have gotten it anyway if I would have never signed up to become a consultant). The lady I spoke with said it was no problem at all. Of course, if you're feeling uncomfortable or uneasy about it, just give Home Office a call! That's what I did.... :)(Hopefully the lady I spoke with at Home Office actually knew what she was talking about. I'll be curious to know what you ladies find out if you also enquire about this. So, please share whatever responses you get on this matter because I'm sure we're all very curious to know!)

Last edited:
Totally bummed because I could have gotten 2 different items at 60% off! I have done 2 shows that were booked off of my show from before I signed!

So I finally heard back from HO, but I don't know if they really understood the question correctly. This is what I wrote:This question has come up amongst some other fellow consultants, so I
thought I would ask. Could you clarify for us the policy regarding
the booking benefits? Mainly in this situation: Someone hosts a
show. She gets several bookings at that show. Then she signs on as a
consultant. Those friends now have her be the consultant at their
booked shows. Can this new consultant still get the host special
because it was her booking from her prior show when she wasn't a
consultant yet?I hope that my question makes sense. This type of scenario keeps
coming up in conversations with other consultants, so I hope we can
get some clarification.

This is what I got back from them today:Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We apologize for the delay on responding to your email. The only people who cannot use their booking benefits are the ones who become consultants. This would not affect their friends. Please advise if you require any additional assistance.So if this person at HO (and it seems that different reps there say different things than one another, but I digress...) says that once you are a consultant, that's it, you can't have the booking benefit.

1. How do I earn the 2 booking benefit?

The 2 booking benefit is earned when you host a Pampered Chef party and have at least two guests book their own parties from your party. This benefit is only available to hosts who have at least $200 in party sales and two future parties booked from their party.

2. What are the benefits of earning the 2 booking benefit?

Earning the 2 booking benefit allows you to receive a free product credit based on the total sales from your party. This credit can be used towards any Pampered Chef products of your choice.

3. How do I keep track of my 2 booking benefit progress?

Your Pampered Chef consultant will keep track of your 2 booking benefit progress for you. They will update you on the status of your benefit and let you know when you have reached the requirements to earn it.

4. Can I still earn the 2 booking benefit if one of my guests cancels their party?

Yes, as long as you still have at least two guests book their own parties from your party and meet the $200 sales requirement, you will still be eligible to earn the 2 booking benefit.

5. When will I receive my 2 booking benefit?

Your 2 booking benefit will be applied to your account within 14 days after your party closes. Your consultant will then contact you to let you know that your credit is available to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Geekgirl69
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • pamperedape
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies