• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Past Host Bookings, Ethically Speaking...

In summary, it is ethical to add Host B to Host A's show as a booking--without ordering per se--so that next month at Host B's show, Host A can take advantage of the host special.
TwinGirlsMom
I have two loyal hosts who take advantage of the specials every month by submitting catalog shows from their respective work places. The deal is that both of them would LOVE to get both host specials.
Is it ethical to add Host B to Host A's show as a booking--without ordering per se--so that next month at Host B's show, Host A can take advantage of the host special.
Meanwhile, Host A will have submitted her own show to get the other host special option. Make sense?

In essence, they both submit their own shows PLUS each is the past host booking on each other's show every month.

What do you guys think about this...is it ethical and okay to arrange this way?

Yes If you have a show that a past host can ge the 60 & item and don't want it than on that show then you would have the host ordering and a past host , so that makes it so wou can get 2 item at 60 %

You can just rebook them off themselves. This way the are the host and you also have them as a guest. They can get 2 bookings that way. I also have some customers that I do this for.

Joe & Diane Schalk
PamperedChefDude & Dudette

I'm pretty new to all of this but I've been a PC host for years so I'm not for sure how ethical my suggestion is either: My consultant used to let me book a show off of myself......then I could take advantage of the host special as the "host" and the "guest" on the next show. The only downfall is that I had to put in 2 orders and pay shipping on the guest order under my name. (if you call that a downfall)

In your scenario though, it makes sense to be able to book A off of B and let them reap the benefits. I may not be the best persosn to make that judgement call though. :p

PamperedChefDude said:
You can just rebook them off themselves. This way the are the host and you also have them as a guest. They can get 2 bookings that way. I also have some customers that I do this for.

Joe & Diane Schalk
PamperedChefDude & Dudette

You beat me to the reply button! We must have been typing at the same time....great minds think alike! :)

OK, so what you're saying is: Host A = Guest A + booking?
Then next month, Guest A = past host under her own show again?

TwinGirlsMom said:
Sure thing! Just remember that she has to pay shipping on the guest order.

Host B books off Host A. Then Host A books off of Host B. Or they can book off of themselves.

And you are using the same name, correct? So, Host Jane Doe = Guest Jane Doe.

TwinGirlsMom said:
And you are using the same name, correct? So, Host Jane Doe = Guest Jane Doe.
yes you do

TwinGirlsMom said:

You don't have to put Host A in as a guest to book off of her own show. Just click the booking button on the host order screen. So...

Host A = booking then next month Host A + Host A as a guest at her own show as past host.

It is totally ethical for someone to book off of their own show and "double dip" on the host specials. It is also ethical for them to book off of each other but the other way is simpler.

Thank you, Beth. I feel much better about this now. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something that would raise eyebrows.

I book every host under themselves again. I want them to rebook within 6 months. I use this as an incentive.

Unless you are dealing with a 'challenging' host, I always recommend booking them off of themselves. Sometimes the booking only results in a minimum qualifying show and other times it generates a Kilo show and/or multiple other bookings and/or a great new team member. :)

1. How do I ensure that my past host bookings are ethical?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to always adhere to the highest ethical standards when it comes to past host bookings. This means being transparent and honest with your hosts and customers, and never pressuring them into making a purchase or booking a party. It is also important to follow all company policies and guidelines regarding past host bookings.

2. Can I offer incentives for past host bookings?

While it is acceptable to offer incentives as a thank you for past host bookings, it is important to make sure these incentives are within company guidelines and do not cross into unethical territory. For example, offering a discount on products or a free gift is acceptable, but offering cash or other monetary incentives is not.

3. How should I handle a past host who wants to book another party?

If a past host expresses interest in booking another party, it is important to handle the situation ethically. This means being transparent about any incentives or rewards they may receive for hosting another party, and not pressuring them into booking or purchasing anything. It is also important to make sure the host understands that they are not obligated to host another party if they do not want to.

4. Can I contact a past host who has not booked a party in a while?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to always respect the boundaries and wishes of your past hosts. If a past host has not booked a party in a while, it is generally not ethical to contact them and pressure them into hosting another party. However, you can always reach out and check in with them to see how they are doing and if they have any interest in hosting another party in the future.

5. What should I do if a past host is unhappy with their party or products?

In the event that a past host is unhappy with their party or products, it is important to handle the situation ethically. This means listening to their concerns and addressing them in a professional manner. If necessary, you can offer a refund or replacement for any products that did not meet their expectations. It is important to always prioritize the satisfaction of your hosts and customers, and handle any issues with integrity and honesty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tams
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • amybic