• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe W/ Shrimp & Citrus Basil Rub?

In summary, this conversation discusses using different types of seafood for a recipe, the amount of citrus basil rub to use, substituting fresh herbs, marinating time for shrimp, and grilling instructions. It is possible to use alternative seafood such as salmon or scallops, use 1 tablespoon of rub per pound of shrimp, substitute fresh herbs for dried basil, marinate shrimp for at least 30 minutes, and grill them for 2-3 minutes per side.
babywings76
Gold Member
My mom's cousin ordered some things from me a couple weeks ago. She just asked me:what I need is that recipe for the shrimp dish with the basil rub I bought. I lost the booklet. Please......So, I went to CC and did a recipe search and I'm not coming up with something that I think matches what she's looking for. Any ideas?Ah, she just added this:"It was that mini book you sent . It was shrimp with the citrus basil rub.so good sounding it made me buy the rub! "I can't remember which SB I sent her (it was a little thank you gift.) But I'm sifting through and can't find it. I'm not a shrimp eater, so I tend to skip looking closely at those, making hard for me to now recall them. :D

It is in the Spring/Summer Mini Catalog on page two.

Thanks! Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss? It's not in a SB? I typed in the name of that recipe, but nothing comes up on CC. Guess I'll just type it up for her and see if that's what she was remembering.

Very interesting...I googled the name of the recipe. Guess what? The recipe is posted on PC's public website. The bad news is that it's not on CC or on my own website in the "more recipes" section. I can e-mail it to someone, but it will direct them to the generic PC website. So...I just e-mailed it to myself and then copy and pasted the text of it to her.

It is from the Grill It Quick recipe book and is also in the Spring/Summer 2010 mini catalog. It is delicious!!!!!!!

Absolutey love this recipe!

1. Can I use a different type of seafood instead of shrimp?

Yes, you can use any type of seafood you prefer with this recipe. Some great alternatives to shrimp include scallops, salmon, or even white fish like tilapia or cod.

2. How much citrus basil rub should I use?

The amount of citrus basil rub you use will depend on personal preference and the size of your shrimp. As a general guideline, start with 1 tablespoon of rub for every 1 pound of shrimp. You can adjust the amount to your liking.

3. Can I substitute fresh herbs for the dried basil in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute fresh herbs for the dried basil. Keep in mind that fresh herbs have a stronger flavor, so you may need to use less. A good rule of thumb is to use 3 times the amount of fresh herbs compared to dried herbs.

4. How long should I marinate the shrimp for?

For best results, marinate the shrimp for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. You can also marinate them for up to 2 hours if desired. Be sure to cover the shrimp and marinade with plastic wrap or a lid while in the fridge.

5. Can I grill the shrimp instead of cooking them in a pan?

Yes, you can definitely grill the shrimp instead of cooking them in a pan. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are pink and cooked through. You can also thread the shrimp onto skewers for easier grilling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies