• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Jerk Shrimp Marinade - for Grill Basket

In summary, Michelle shared a recipe for Jerk Shrimp marinade and cooking instructions that she made using the new Grill Basket. She mixed orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice, Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, and habanero Tobasco together and marinated the shrimp for 30-45 minutes before cooking them in the Grill Basket on the grill. Others in the conversation expressed interest in trying the recipe and Michelle shared her tips for buying and preparing shrimp.
mpayton
Since I'm new to PC and have appreciated the tips that everyone has shared, I wanted to share a recipe that I made up this evening. I just received the new Grill Basket and wanted to try it out so we made Jerk Shrimp using the following Marinade.

Jerk Shrimp Marinade (for 1 lb shrimp)
1/4 c orange juice
1/3 c olive oil
Juice from one lemon
2 T Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
splash of habanero Tobasco

Whisk together marinade ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Add shrimp and let marinade about 30 to 45 minutes; mixing occasionally.

Remove shrimp from marinade and place in Grill Basket and cook on grill.

These were delicious and I received lots of compliments. I hope you enjoy it too.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle! I have a Couples Grill Show coming up, and the host was wanting to do some kind of seafood in the grill basket - this sounds like a great option!

I cook shrimp often in just butter, pressed garlic and our dill seasoning.This jerk recipe sounds good! Can't wait 'til the snow melts and I can get to my grill again!!!!We got 3-4" again last night!!!!

That sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing. I love shrimp and can't wait to use the grill basket. It's finally getting warmer out here. Maybe that's not too far off!!:)

DH & I are doing a "MAN SHOW" in June and so that will be GREAT to show. THANKS!! :) I have so many wives interested in bringing their spouse so its going to be great. I just have to pick my date now and order my invitations. :)

janetupnorth said:
I cook shrimp often in just butter, pressed garlic and our dill seasoning.

This jerk recipe sounds good! Can't wait 'til the snow melts and I can get to my grill again!!!!

We got 3-4" again last night!!!!

LOL - Janet, I believe you were the one moaning a couple months ago because you weren't getting enough snow.....:D :D :D

Sounds great, my sister has been wanting my DH to come up and show her how to cook shrimp. I think I'll recommend this recipe.

mpayton said:
Since I'm new to PC and have appreciated the tips that everyone has shared, I wanted to share a recipe that I made up this evening. I just received the new Grill Basket and wanted to try it out so we made Jerk Shrimp using the following Marinade.

Jerk Shrimp Marinade (for 1 lb shrimp)
1/4 c orange juice
1/3 c olive oil
Juice from one lemon
2 T Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
splash of habanero Tobasco

Whisk together marinade ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Add shrimp and let marinade about 30 to 45 minutes; mixing occasionally.

Remove shrimp from marinade and place in Grill Basket and cook on grill.

Michelle, what type/size of shrimp did you use? I often just cook shrimp from a shrimp ring b/c they are cheap but I recently tried jumbo shrimp (cooked with shells on) and I loved them.

Yummy!!!

I love the Jamaican rub with the garlic infused oil whisked together and then coated on the shrimp - I usually use the grill pan but am going to try it on the grill basket!! Served over a salad in the summer is great or over a nice steak!

Ok - lunchtime!!!:D

I used the large white shrimp (21-25/pound). They happened to be on sale for $6.99/lb. (Yippee!). We live in FL so we often have access to good Gulf shrimp. I removed the shells because that is my preference but you could marinade & cook them with the shells on. I love jumbo shrimp too and I am sure you could use them also. Usually, the shrimp on the shrimp ring are precooked and if you cooked them again, they might get tough. Hope that helps!Michelle

this sounds wonderful, in the words of Rachel Ray....YUMMO!:D
Thanks for sharing!;)

mpayton said:
I used the large white shrimp (21-25/pound). They happened to be on sale for $6.99/lb. (Yippee!). We live in FL so we often have access to good Gulf shrimp. I removed the shells because that is my preference but you could marinade & cook them with the shells on. I love jumbo shrimp too and I am sure you could use them also. Usually, the shrimp on the shrimp ring are precooked and if you cooked them again, they might get tough. Hope that helps!

Michelle

Thanks for the tips! Greatly appreciated.

mpayton said:
I used the large white shrimp (21-25/pound). They happened to be on sale for $6.99/lb. (Yippee!). We live in FL so we often have access to good Gulf shrimp. I removed the shells because that is my preference but you could marinade & cook them with the shells on. I love jumbo shrimp too and I am sure you could use them also. Usually, the shrimp on the shrimp ring are precooked and if you cooked them again, they might get tough. Hope that helps!

Michelle

Here in Michigan, they are "on sale" for $12.99/lb this week!:eek:

By the way, my husband saw me putting the grill basket away and said that "The basket is great. It was so easy to make those shrimp. I just tossed them around a few times in the basket and it was done." (as opposed to turning skewers) I asked how long they cooked and he said about 6 minutes. He also told me that our friend that was "helping" him grill thought the basket was fabulous. (I just happen to be doing a show for our friend's wife next month!) The men seem to love the basket. Hmmmm.....Father's Day is coming and so is summer for those of you in the cold North.Michelle

mpayton said:
By the way, my husband saw me putting the grill basket away and said that "The basket is great. It was so easy to make those shrimp. I just tossed them around a few times in the basket and it was done." (as opposed to turning skewers) I asked how long they cooked and he said about 6 minutes. He also told me that our friend that was "helping" him grill thought the basket was fabulous. (I just happen to be doing a show for our friend's wife next month!) The men seem to love the basket. Hmmmm.....Father's Day is coming and so is summer for those of you in the cold North.
Michelle

Thats exactly how I am promoting it tonight at my show - the grill recipe book, basket and tongs (throw in the basting bottle and the bbq turner!!) Fathers day done - I always push not just for Your dad, husband, brother - remember Godparents etc!!!

Sounds awesome!! Thanks!

1. What ingredients are in the Grilled Jerk Shrimp Marinade?

The Grilled Jerk Shrimp Marinade includes a blend of spices such as allspice, thyme, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, as well as soy sauce, olive oil, and lime juice.

2. How long should I marinate the shrimp before grilling?

For best results, we recommend marinating the shrimp for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 2 hours. This allows the flavors to fully infuse into the shrimp without making the texture too soft.

3. Can I use this marinade for other types of seafood?

While this marinade is specifically designed for shrimp, it can also be used for other types of seafood such as scallops or fish. Just adjust the marinating time accordingly, as some seafood may require less time.

4. Do I need to add any additional seasoning to the shrimp before grilling?

No, the marinade is already packed with flavorful spices and seasonings. However, you can add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste if desired.

5. Can I use this marinade for grilling vegetables as well?

Absolutely! This marinade works well for grilling all types of vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into similar-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies