• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss with Asparagus Pilaf Recipe

In summary, to prepare the Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss, marinate shrimp in a mixture of lemon juice, butter, and seasonings, sauté until cooked, and mix with cooked vegetables. Frozen shrimp can be used, but should be thawed first. The total cook time is about 20 minutes, and other proteins such as chicken or tofu can be substituted. Any desired vegetables can be used, such as bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, or cherry tomatoes.
cewcooks
This is from the Grill It Quick Cookbook

Asparagus Pilaf: Shrimp
1/4 medium yellow onion 1 LB med uncooked shrimp(41-
1 tbsp butter 50 per pound) peeled and de
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice veined, tails removed.
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup water 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Citrus and
1/2 tsp salt basil rub, divided
8 oz fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
2 tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, pressed
3 tbsp chopped jarred
pimento peppers

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over med - high heat. For pilaf, chop onion with food chopper, place onion and butter in rice cooker plus. Microwave onion mixture, uncovered on high for 2 min stirring every 30 sec. Add rice, broth, water and salt to cooker. Microwave according to package directions.

2. For Shrimp, In stainless mixing bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tbsp of the rub. In classic batter bowl, combine butter, remaining 1 tsp rub and garlic. Microwave butter mixture on high 1 minute or until butter is melted. add pimentos and mix well.

3. Brush BBQ Grill Basket with veggie oil, preheat on grill 3 minutes. Add shrimp and grill, covered 4-6 min or until shrimp is opaque, turn occasionally. Remove basket from grill add shrimp to butter mixture and toss to coat. Meanwhile grill asparagus spears 5-7 min or until cooked but still slightly firm. Remove from grill.

4. To serve cut asparagus on a bias into 1 in pieces, toss with rice. Serve shrimp over pilaf.

Enjoy!:chef:

Response:This recipe sounds delicious! I love the combination of shrimp and asparagus, and the addition of the citrus and basil rub sounds like it would add a lot of flavor. I also like that it uses a rice cooker and grill for easy cooking. I will definitely have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing from the Grill It Quick Cookbook!

Hi there! I just wanted to say that this Grilled Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss with Asparagus Pilaf recipe sounds absolutely delicious! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely see how this would be a perfect dish to make with our Grill It Quick Cookbook. I love the combination of flavors and the use of our BBQ Grill Basket for the shrimp. I can't wait to try it myself and share it with my customers. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare the Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss?

To prepare the Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss, start by marinating the shrimp in a mixture of lemon juice, butter, and seasonings for at least 30 minutes. Then, sauté the shrimp in a pan until cooked through. In a separate pan, cook your desired vegetables and mix in the shrimp. Serve over pasta or rice.

2. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before marinating and cooking.

3. How long does it take to make the Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss?

The total cook time for this recipe is about 20 minutes, not including marinating time. The actual cooking time for the shrimp is only a few minutes, making this a quick and easy meal option.

4. Can I substitute the shrimp for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the shrimp for chicken or tofu in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. What other vegetables can I use in the Citrus-Butter Shrimp Toss?

You can use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Some great options include bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. Feel free to get creative and use whatever vegetables you have on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mpayton
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies