• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Totally Yummy Seafood Marinade Recipe

In summary, this marinade recipe is perfect for fish, scallops, and shrimp, but also works well with chicken and beef. It includes ingredients such as brown sugar, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and salt. The marinating time can range from 5-10 minutes to 24 hours, depending on the type of meat. For grilling, it is recommended to reserve some marinade for basting while cooking. The recipe has received positive reviews and is quick to make.
its_me_susan
Marinade for EVERYTHING

This recipe came from an anti-cancer cookbook, but I got it through my mom who got it from a friend, so unfortunately I can't give credit to the originator.
It is absolutely AMAZING on fish, scallops & shrimp. Not as flavorful with chicken, but still very yummy. Haven't tried it on beef.

Here goes:
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
6 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp Dijon mustard or any grainy mustard
4 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tsp salt (optional)

Mix all ingredients in large bowl or plastic bag w/ zipper. Add shrimp (or seafood/chicken/beef), coat all sides. Marinate 5-10 minutes (or up to 24 hours for poultry/beef). Note: seafood should not be marinated for 24 hours.
Reminder: spoon some marinade into a separate dish before placing fish, chicken or meat in to baste while grilling.

TO GRILL SHRIMP: Buy uncooked jumbo shrimp (you may need to shell & devein them before cooking). Keep in mind the shrimp will shrink in size when cooked, so the bigger you start out with, the better. To make them extra plump, "butterfly" them: make a vertical cut down the center of the shrimp and spread the sides apart as if they were wings. After marinading, put shrimp on metal skewers. Grill until shrimp become pink and opaque. Enjoy! The flavor will explode in your mouth!

For swordfish, spray the grill w/ nonstick cooking spray and grill 4-5 minutes per side.

Don't forget to reserve a little marinade before you put in on the swordfish. Use the reserve to baste the fish while you grill.

Sounds great!!! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing! :)

SusanBP0129 said:
Sounds great!!! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing! :)

It's QUICK to whip up! We had it on sea scallops, tuna steaks & redsteel trout (like salmon?) - yum yum!

1. What ingredients are needed for the Totally Yummy Seafood Marinade Recipe?

The recipe calls for soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and lime juice. You can also add in any additional spices or herbs to customize the flavor to your liking.

2. How long should I marinate the seafood in the marinade?

For best results, we recommend marinating the seafood for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to fully infuse. However, you can marinate for up to 2 hours if desired.

3. Can I use this marinade for other types of meat besides seafood?

Absolutely! This marinade works well with chicken, pork, and even vegetables. Just adjust the marinating time accordingly, as different types of protein may require different marinating times.

4. Can I make this marinade ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the marinade ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before using to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.

5. Can I use this marinade for grilling seafood?

Definitely! This marinade is perfect for grilling seafood, as it adds a delicious flavor and helps keep the seafood moist. Just make sure to brush off any excess marinade before placing the seafood on the grill to prevent flare-ups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies