• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs: Ideas & Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, the conversation discusses a previous successful grilling event where the host made pizza and grilled strawberry shortcake. The host is now planning a new show centered around a "kabob-less" grilling concept, using baskets and potentially skewers. Suggestions for the menu include marinated chicken, crinkle cut potatoes, vegetables in a grill basket, and fruit skewers with sweet sprinkles and ice cream. The conversation also includes a recipe for the grilled strawberry shortcake and a successful grilling experience with marinated beef and various vegetables.
Chefstover2
Last summer I did pizza on the grill and grilled strawberry shortcake (make the strawberry sauce w/ jam, berries, and orange juice and zest). People went nuts over it and I did that show most of the summer.

But this year I want to do a "kabob-less kabob" grilling show. I've already booked two of them but other than knowing that I want to use the baskets (and perhaps the skewers, too, since we have them), I'm still in the planning stages. So here's what I've got so far...can you help me fill in any obvious (or not so obvious) blanks?

-Marinate chicken with rub of some sort and/or sauce
-Crinkle cut potatoes and dice, toss in garlic or basil oil
-use grill basket for meat, grill tray for veggies
-Perhaps do fruit skewers sprinkled with one of the sweet sprinkles
-ice cream scoop for ice cream on the fruit

So that's what I've got so far...feedback? suggestions?

My first show for this is June 5th. TIA!

Kristen,

I love the idea! I'm not much help, but maybe do the meat on the tray, using BBQ tongs to turn and veggies in basket? I think tossing the veggies would be harder on the tray.

For the fruit, you could sprinkle with brown sugar so they caramalize. Or use butter and brown sugar microwaved in our prep bowl and chef's silicone brush to apply to fruit?

Maybe grill pineapples so you could use the pineapple wedger. Ice Cream dipper for ice cream, topped with Pineapple Rum Sauce?

Or grill fruit with Pineapple Rum Sauce? Maybe use the Raspberry Habanero with ice cream?

Haven't thought it completely through, but I'm really excited about this idea! Thanks for sharing!

I think I'm having a dense moment. I don't understand the "kebab-less" part, especially when you said you might use the skewers, too.

Kristen, is there a recipe available for the grilled strawberry shortcake, I definitely want to try this :)

I have done fruit kabobs and put them in the trifle bowl.. looks like an edible arrangements. I will post a pic later.

here is the picture of the fruit trifle thing.

Attachments

• fruit trifle.jpg
    fruit trifle.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
I would definately add zucchini, mushrooms (after checking allergies of course), and sweet onion to the veggie mix. There is nothing better than this combo tossed with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic then grilled!!

I have a big couples griling show coming up and am fascinated by the grilled strawberry shortcake - can you post that also?
Thanks so much.:D

leftymac said:
I think I'm having a dense moment. I don't understand the "kebab-less" part, especially when you said you might use the skewers, too.

No, not dense...the skewers are really an after-thought and could be an option, but I wanted to be able to show the versatility of doing all the food you'd cook on skewers without the hassle of skewering them and the different cook times if you put veggies and meat on the same skewers.

donnathepamperedchef said:
Kristen, is there a recipe available for the grilled strawberry shortcake, I definitely want to try this :)

I LOVE this recipe and it is soooo easy and guests go crazy for it:

1 quart (1 pound) fresh strawberries
1 orange
1 jar strawberry ice cream topping (or strawberry jam)
Pound cake
Ice cream

-Empty ice cream topping into Large Micro Cooker. Zest the orange with Microplane and juice to measure 1 tablespoon of each and add to micro cooker. Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minute or until heated through.
-Core and slice strawberries (Core & More/Egg Slicer) and add to heated strawberry topping.
-Slice Pound cake with Bread Knife and place on grill. Turn once to give both sides grill marks and heat them through.
-Serve pound cake topped with strawberry topping and ice cream (Ice cream dipper).

Enjoy!

we actually made this on the grill last night for supper..
i got some beef that was already cut up for stir fry and marinated some with the lemon pepper and then some with each of the new sauces, an used the new basting brush worked great
i cut up all the veggies we used bell peppers, potatoes, jalapenos, zucchini and onions sprayed them with oil and did more lemon pepper i put them on first and amazingly they were done in about 20 mins with the grill on high

once your done you can put it in one of the bamboo bowls and mix it up with the veggies and use the salad claws

the family went crazy over the meat my 18 mnth old son ate about 10 strips of the meat

chefhutch04 said:
we actually made this on the grill last night for supper..
i got some beef that was already cut up for stir fry and marinated some with the lemon pepper and then some with each of the new sauces, an used the new basting brush worked great
i cut up all the veggies we used bell peppers, potatoes, jalapenos, zucchini and onions sprayed them with oil and did more lemon pepper i put them on first and amazingly they were done in about 20 mins with the grill on high

once your done you can put it in one of the bamboo bowls and mix it up with the veggies and use the salad claws

the family went crazy over the meat my 18 mnth old son ate about 10 strips of the meat

Love this...thanks! I hadn't thought of the serving option. Can't wait to try!

thanks Kristen, sounds good, can't wait to try it out

For your kabobs, especially for a show, just use already COoked (frozen) chicken. It is available in Chunks, Strips, Thighs, Breasts. This way you don't have to fret so much about getting the meat cooked.

What are "Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs?"

"Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs" are a fun and creative twist on traditional kabobs. Instead of skewering ingredients, you simply grill them on the grill or in a grill pan, and then arrange them together on a plate for a beautiful and delicious presentation.

What are some ideas for ingredients to use in "Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs?"

The possibilities are endless! Some popular options include chicken, shrimp, steak, vegetables like peppers and onions, pineapple, and even fruit like peaches or strawberries. You can also mix and match your favorite ingredients to create unique flavor combinations.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to make "Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs?"

No, you don't need any special tools. However, using a grill pan or grilling basket can make it easier to cook and flip the ingredients on the grill. You can also use skewers to arrange the ingredients on the plate for a kabob-like presentation.

Can I make "Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs" ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and then grill them when you're ready to eat. You can also assemble the kabobs on the plate and then grill them right before serving. This is a great option for entertaining or meal prep.

Do you have any suggestions for sauces or marinades to use with "Grilling Kabob-less Kabobs?"

Absolutely! You can use any of your favorite marinades or sauces, such as teriyaki, BBQ, or honey mustard. You can also try making a homemade marinade using oil, vinegar, and your favorite herbs and spices. Be creative and have fun experimenting with different flavors!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Hbachna
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg