• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready for a Fun and Delicious Kids Cooking Party?

In summary, the show went well and the kids had a lot of fun. The only problem was that the parents kept talking and didn't let Andrea talk for a few minutes while the kids were eating.
Jenni
Now that I'm in it and its tomorrow I'm feeling a little nervous.... 9 adults and 9 kids ages 3-8 :yuck: Was I crazy when I said yes.....:)

Menu~

PB&J sandwiches
Demo~ cut and seal all purpose spreader,bakers roller

Veggies & dip
Demo~ crinkle cutter (kids no touch) to make veggies more fun, dip two bowl caddy with small bamboo spoons- will have most veggies precut

Fruit
Demo- salad spinner (kids no touch)to wash strawberries, kids knife to cut off green part.. egg slice to cut strawberries. Apples cut with apple wedger (kids no touch) store bought caramel dip in other side of two bowl caddy

Cookie ice cream sand
Demo- have cookies I made in advance cooling on racks, icecream scoop, ice cream sandwich maker, coating trays with different kinds of sprinkles to roll ice cream part of sandwich

While kids are busy eating... I roll in to stoneware, knives, cookware, booking benefits... and so on!

I got goodie bags for each child that contain one fun size pack of M&ms and I made little cards that are tied to a cookie cutter that says thanks for coming to Mia's cooking party (my 4 year old niece) that have my website info- and contact info on them...

Any last minute suggestions, or other products I can throw in to go with menu???

Sounds good to me!!! Good Luck - and take a tylenol before you go!!

Wow- with that menu might I say you are a bit ambitious??!!! I'm doing a kids' themed show next Sunday, but the age is 9-10 years old. When they are that young, I always have them do the food chopper and show how easy and durable it is. Best of luck to you!!

kids showAndrea
may I ask what you are doing for yours? I have a girl scout one in June..they want to earn their cooking badge and make it a fundraiser...anything fun, out of the ordinary?
thanks in advance

What I always do with kids shows is get some markers with different colors. Ifthere are 9 kids, maybe do 3 colors. Make the kids nametags yourself, 3 kids names to a color. then have them come up in "teams" of their color to do the preparing--i.e. "now let's have the red team come up--Here, you spread this, you do this, etc". it keeps it less chaotic, the kids ALL get to do something, and the other kids sit there and WATCH what they do because there's only 3 of them (or 4) at a time. I do NOT have more than 4 kids on a "team" and up at my station. It also alleviates the "I want to go next" chaos. If they do the APCS, they each get to turn it for 1/2 the apple, so that everyone gets a turn. Food chopper, same thing. throw out little tips to them that are kid friendly.

may I ask what you are doing for yours? I have a girl scout one in June..they want to earn their cooking badge and make it a fundraiser...anything fun, out of the ordinary? thanks in advance
I have done a number of girl scout badges over the years, I have tons of ideas--email me or pm me and I'll send you some stuff I have on my hard drive.

For kids shows I love doing little pizzas.
I use the Grand biscuits so the kids can use the Baker's Roller to flatten them. I use pizza sauce in a Prep bowl and a small bamboo spoon. I use the my safe cutter to cut up pieces of a mozzarella cheese stick. Or you could use the Deluxe cheese grater. The other kinds of toppings could be in more Prep bowls.

If you won't be eating the ice cream sandwiches right away, you can "hold them" on your frozen insert of the Chillzanne Rectangle server. I do this for summer shows to sell the server.
Deb

Update~UPDATE~~~
It all went so much better then I planned... my sister was the host and I brought my 14 year old niece as a helper. We set up three stations a veggie fruit table, a PB&J table, and an ice cream sandwich table. Each one of us worked a station, when my station had no kids I floated around talking with the kids and parents.
We had 7 parents show, sold a little over $400... everyone bought an ice cream sandwich maker. And I think the kids had a lot of fun :)
The only thing that was hard was getting the parents to stop talking so I could talk for a few minutes while the kids were eating. Everyone who was there had been to a show before, do you think that was the problem?? Or were these Mom's just happy to be talking to other adults they couldn't be quite?

kreaser said:
Andrea
may I ask what you are doing for yours? I have a girl scout one in June..they want to earn their cooking badge and make it a fundraiser...anything fun, out of the ordinary?
thanks in advance
Sorry I'm just now replying, I haven't been on for a few days!! I'm going to keep it simple, but fun. My daughter helped me pick out the recipes and we are going to do the Hot Pizza Dip (doing in the microwave instead of the oven) and then the Decadent Chocolate Dessert Pizza. Both things the kids can mix up everything and use the tools to do it with. I ended up creating my own invitations and they actually turned out pretty cute! If you'd like to see them, I can email them to you. Good luck to you!!

Jenni said:
UPDATE~~~
It all went so much better then I planned... my sister was the host and I brought my 14 year old niece as a helper. We set up three stations a veggie fruit table, a PB&J table, and an ice cream sandwich table. Each one of us worked a station, when my station had no kids I floated around talking with the kids and parents.
We had 7 parents show, sold a little over $400... everyone bought an ice cream sandwich maker. And I think the kids had a lot of fun :)
The only thing that was hard was getting the parents to stop talking so I could talk for a few minutes while the kids were eating. Everyone who was there had been to a show before, do you think that was the problem?? Or were these Mom's just happy to be talking to other adults they couldn't be quite?

I had a Mommy and Me show a couple weeks ago and had the same problem. I think everyone was so happy to be able to just let their kids run and talk to the other adults, they really weren't paying much attention to me. I did about $300 in sales and got 0 bookings. Looking back I should have done some things differently, but the moms and kids had a great time and that's all that matters. I plan on calling them once they get their items and following up with "How are your products, would you like to have a show?" So, I think it is just the kids shows.

I"ve got one of these coming up at noon. There are supposed to be 25 people there!! Unfortunately, the majority of that number are the kids, ther are 17 kids coming and 8 mommys. We are doing a pizza bar and the Paradise dessert pizza. I am also going to do a microwave cake for the mommys. I am starting to get a little nervous with all of those kids, but I hope it goes okay. I like your 3 groups idea, but it is a little late for me to do that. I also didn't plan goodie bags or anything like that. I wish I had.

Jenni said:
UPDATE~~~
LOL - I think this was most likely the issue! Especially now that Summer has begun - having time with other adults is like GOLD!Sounds like everyone had a fun time though!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I think this was most likely the issue! Especially now that Summer has begun - having time with other adults is like GOLD!

Sounds like everyone had a fun time though!

Becky, this post was from March. I was doing an archive search to help me get ready for my party at lunch. LOL! So maybe she did hers over spring break?

Chef Kearns said:
Becky, this post was from March. I was doing an archive search to help me get ready for my party at lunch. LOL! So maybe she did hers over spring break?

Oops! I saw your post, and knew you were doing one soon....didn't even look at the dates!

SORRY!:eek:

1. What types of products are available for the "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!"?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of products perfect for the "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!" event. Our top picks include the Kids' Cookie Baking Set, the Veggie & Fruit Prep Tools Set, and the Fun & Healthy Cookbook for Kids. These products are designed specifically for children and will make mealtime more fun and interactive for them.

2. Can I customize the products for the "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!" with my child's name?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization options for our products. However, our Kids' Cookie Baking Set does come with a set of customizable stickers that your child can use to personalize their own baking tools.

3. Are there any safety concerns with the products for the "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!"?

The safety of our customers, especially children, is our top priority. All of our products go through rigorous testing to ensure they meet safety standards. Additionally, our Kids' Cookie Baking Set and Veggie & Fruit Prep Tools Set are designed with child-friendly features to prevent any accidents.

4. Are there any recipes available for the "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!"?

Yes, we have a variety of kid-friendly recipes available on our website and in our Fun & Healthy Cookbook for Kids. From snacks to main dishes, these recipes are simple, nutritious, and perfect for your "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!" event.

5. Can I host a "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!" party with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef consultants are happy to help you host a fun and interactive "Kids Theme- Tomorrow!!!" party. They will provide product demonstrations, games, and activities for the children, making it a memorable and enjoyable experience for all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Chef Shari