• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kids in the Kitchen or Cooking With Kids????

In summary, Lisa is trying to find ways to help her mom with a kids cooking show, but she doesn't have any ideas or recipes. She is also looking for ideas on how to invite moms to the show, as they need to be present in order to win prizes.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
At my show last night I got booking for a kids show, where Mom has triplets that are age 8, and she said they are getting more curious on helping in kitchen and she knows that lots of her friends kids are around same age and they all are trying to let them help, but don't have many recipes or ideas on what to do. (she said ages of kids would most likely be between 6-9)

So I said I'd help her, but one thing she's worried about is mom's dropping kids off and not staying themselves, and then making others not show, as they don't have kids or kids are older so they might feel uncomfortable with "kids cooking show".

SO I'm not sure how to word Invitation.

So help, what thing(s) can I make or have kids make.

I don't have time to make this a Pay ahead class and get XYZ products, and frankly am not sure this hostess would be comfortable with that option.
I might be able to make up coupon or something for that day, if at show and order XYZ products (that were used) I can give them discount on price.

So, help, what would you suggest?? I know she's got the sandwich sealer (real name escaping me at moment) and bakers roller and lots of stoneware (that she doesn't use) She also has lots of tools, as I heard her kids saying, Oh Mom, you've got that, and that, etc.

I've got lots of things myself, but not triplicates or more of things, so I'm not sure how I'll be able to get things done either in timely fashion. Also, since this is Nov. it's not like we can be outside, so Ice Cream party where if they make mess and can run under hose in not an option.

I was thinking about making Ice Cream Sandwiches, not that only shows a few things, so not sure about that.

I was thinking of either pizza's where they can make their own or can customize a couple of big ones.

Or maybe the little apple pies with the sandwich sealer thingee (again name escaping me).

Can you tell I'm just not sure what I want or can do. Help!!

Thanks,

Lisa

PS,
I was also asked about helping brownie troop earn a cooking badge, don't have girls in scouts, so I'm not sure what requirements are, anyone help on that one?? Maybe I could do same style/kind of show for that too.

I have the same problem Never done a kids show and not sure how to go about it. I have one the end of November!!

I was just thinking though, what about coming up with 2 recipes that you would have the tools for that are kid friendly and having some sort of contest between the kids? The moms could get entertained that way and the kids would have fun. You could have little prizes for them all.

I just did a show with young Girl Scouts. They liked cutting the fruits for a fruit salad with the kids safe knife and I let them take turns with the crinkle cutter on a couple of cucumbers. They liked the lava cake in the rice cooker too.
At another show I let the girls decorate cookies that Walmart donated because it was for scouts.
The older girls, about 10 made Tex Mex Chicken Melts. I let the moms brown the chicken.

I'm doing one with kid's this month and will do a couple of holiday recipes from our new cookbook. That way the parent's learn a good easy recipe for the holidays, but it's one that the kids can help with. I'm looking for wording right now too.

I'm not sure about recipe ideas, but I would for sure put on the invitation that a parent must be present. Otherwise it seems that you could put in a lot of time and effort for no orders. Although I do like the idea of having a flyer with some groupings of the products that you are going to use. Maybe you could call it "Cooking with your Kid" or something like that... That sounds a bit impersonal though! LOL...

I guess for recipes, it sounds like they want to learn some recipes to bake or cook with their children, so I'm not sure I would do ice-cream or cookie decorating, most people can do that by themselves. Maybe you could do do some sort of a dessert ring (or maybe one dessert ring and one main course ring. Is there a way you could make the crescent roll triangles smaller (using the sheets and cut it up into smaller triangles than you get in the cans that are pre-cut) and make mini-rings?

I'll have to see if I can think of anything else...

Memories with Mom Day. Each child makes a small pizza with toppings they cut up, shares it with mom, then uses the EAD to decorate their own cupcake (fun to use and costs a bit more, or just use the small decorator bottles) and cuts up candy pieces or something similar to top it with.

I've done a show for the Girl Scouts where there were about 40 girls and maybe 10 parents. It helped the scouts earn badges, but it was a very small show. I've worked with the Girl Scouts for 16 years and get most of my business and recruits from the people I meet there. I recently lost a show by asking the leader to request the parents to be there. I've decided that I'm not going to request that again. I'd rather help the scouts than concetrate on my PC commision.

I've done a Mum's and Kid's cooking show at my home and everyone loved it. The kids worked together to cook Scone Based Pizza, Chocolate Pudding & Waffle Berry Pudding, the mum's made Taco Ring. Sales were average but got 2 show bookings from it.

Since then I have had an enquiry from 1 of the mum's about doing a show at her ladies group. And another has booked me to do a Mum's & Kid's cooking show at the local Mum's and Tot's morning - should be a challenge!!

Hi. My team had a phone blitz last week and I booked a kids show. I was so excited, but not I'm having a heck of a time finding recipes. The show is in December, so I was hoping to have them do a holiday recipe. I don't really want to decorate cookies, since many of them probably do it with their families.

I am having fun designing invites. I also got to thinking about what can I do to help make the show fun for them. What do you think about paper chef hats? I'd love to get them aprons to wear as well, but they're a little more expensive.

Nikki :D

I to am working on a kids in the kitchen show but mine is a kids in the kitchen show for adults only LOL that's what the hostess asked for. I'm working on recipe's I'm thinking about doing those apple pie's using the cut & seal but I don't know if I'll wind up getting it in time.
I spoke to the hostess last night and she wanted to know if we could figure out how to make "pizza cups" i.e little pizza's in the muffin tin... anyone ever made anything like that? I told her we could make pizza pockets but that's really the same as the apple pie's... I wanted to demo a few products!

pamperedpnina said:
I to am working on a kids in the kitchen show but mine is a kids in the kitchen show for adults only LOL that's what the hostess asked for. I'm working on recipe's I'm thinking about doing those apple pie's using the cut & seal but I don't know if I'll wind up getting it in time.
I spoke to the hostess last night and she wanted to know if we could figure out how to make "pizza cups" i.e little pizza's in the muffin tin... anyone ever made anything like that? I told her we could make pizza pockets but that's really the same as the apple pie's... I wanted to demo a few products!

Cute Idea!!

nikki~mouse said:
Hi. My team had a phone blitz last week and I booked a kids show. I was so excited, but not I'm having a heck of a time finding recipes. The show is in December, so I was hoping to have them do a holiday recipe. I don't really want to decorate cookies, since many of them probably do it with their families.

I am having fun designing invites. I also got to thinking about what can I do to help make the show fun for them. What do you think about paper chef hats? I'd love to get them aprons to wear as well, but they're a little more expensive.

Nikki :D

Think about a trifle...it can show a lot of tools, and the kids can help with the prepping and layering, etc. The chocolate raspberry cookie trifle from last year was great.

for the pizza cups, could you take a cane of biscuts, maybe cut them in half, then press them into the bottom of the cups with the tart shaper, add a little sauce, a pepperoni or something and then a little cheese.

If you are working with kids, I have found if it is too hard and the "adult assistant" has to do most of the work, neither one like it! It they can get their hands into doing it, they love it!

What age is appropriate for kids to start cooking?

It really depends on the individual child and their level of maturity and interest in cooking. Generally, kids as young as 3 or 4 years old can start helping in the kitchen with simple tasks, such as stirring or pouring ingredients. By age 8 or 9, most kids can handle more complex tasks like using a knife with supervision.

What safety precautions should be taken when cooking with kids?

Always supervise children in the kitchen and teach them proper handling of kitchen tools and equipment. Use kid-friendly kitchen tools with blunt edges and teach them to use oven mitts when handling hot items. Additionally, make sure to teach them about food safety, such as washing their hands before and after handling food.

What are some easy and fun recipes to make with kids?

There are many simple and kid-friendly recipes that are perfect for cooking with kids, such as homemade pizza, fruit skewers, and no-bake energy bites. You can also involve them in making their own snacks, like ants on a log or fruit and yogurt parfaits.

How can I get my picky eater to help in the kitchen?

Getting picky eaters involved in the cooking process can help them become more open to trying new foods. Let them choose a recipe or ingredient to cook with, and involve them in the preparation and cooking process. Encourage them to taste and try new foods as they help in the kitchen.

What are the benefits of cooking with kids?

Cooking with kids not only teaches them valuable life skills, but it can also have many other benefits. It can help improve their math and reading skills as they measure and read recipes, and can also boost their confidence and self-esteem as they successfully complete tasks in the kitchen. Additionally, cooking together as a family can create meaningful memories and strengthen bonds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
buddy5909