• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kid-Friendly Kitchen: Ideas and Tips for Easy Snacks and Family Meals

In summary, this mom is hoping to create a connection with her daughter's classmates by hosting a summer party. She is hoping to provide healthy snacks and teach the moms how to cook for the kids.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Post ideas and what has worked not worked here.

I just booked my first party with a bunch of 9 year olds. I made sure to let the mom (who is hoping for 5 girls and moms) to make sure we let everyone know about her show. They may not be interested to come but this is about sales and they may have things they need or are needing wedding gifts etc for summer.

The Moms motivation is that there are lots of kids her daughter talks about from school but she has not been able to meet these kids or parents. She is hoping for this to be a catalyst so she can learn more about them and if she feels good about her DD spending time with these families. I thought it was awesome!!!

My idea is for both the moms and kids to be more comfortable in the kitchen. Teach the moms that if they keep a few of these simple things arround the kids can get their own snacks (especially with summer approaching) instead of feeling like they are fixing food for kids all day!

I am thinking healthy snacks. The mom liked the sound of ...

Ham-n-cheese cut out with mini cutters

Apple wedges wrapped with Turkey (wedger, cutting board, Pizza cutter)

Fruit salad:
Grapes in collander, use microfiber to pat grapes dry.
Pineapple (adult will do wedger) Kids can cut into small pieces with safe cutter
Banana & Strawberries (egg slicer)

Youurt / granola parfaits Prep bowls & tenderizer (for whacking granola bars)

Some kind of drink in the pitcher

I was thinking it would be great to have done or cooking in the DCB a yummy fam friendly meal. To show the moms how easy it is and that the kids will eat it!

I will also have some of my favorite summer tips...
Freeze grapes for a picnic... they will help keep everything cold but be thawed by lunch.
Make PBJ with the cut n seal and freeze for easy summer lunch on the go.

I know there are more but I am drawing a blank...

:shudder: sorry...I'm still twitching because the kids have outnumbered the adults by 2:1 at almost every show I've had. That being said, I've staved them off by having them make peanut butter and strawberry pockets using the cut n seal and the egg slicer plusPaulette I think your idea is very thorough and well thought out. I love the frozen grapes, we do that a lot at home, and the parfait is fab. Kids also like to show off what they do...you could tell them that they can make breakfast in bed for Mom and Dad. Pam in the micro sauce pan and drop an egg in and microwave it. Cut circles in toast and make a jelly smiley face. Sliced strawberries. Yummo!~

Yeah... normally I do not like kids at a show but this is geared for that and the moms MUST attend too. NO DROP OFFS!!!

ButterflyVioletta said:
:shudder: sorry...I'm still twitching because the kids have outnumbered the adults by 2:1 at almost every show I've had.

That being said, I've staved them off by having them make peanut butter and strawberry pockets using the cut n seal and the egg slicer plus

Paulette I think your idea is very thorough and well thought out. I love the frozen grapes, we do that a lot at home, and the parfait is fab.

Kids also like to show off what they do...you could tell them that they can make breakfast in bed for Mom and Dad. Pam in the micro sauce pan and drop an egg in and microwave it. Cut circles in toast and make a jelly smiley face. Sliced strawberries. Yummo!~

That is still funny to me

PamperedChefLayla said:
That is still funny to me

:D I know you were laughing in sympathy the other nite, right ;)

I have been doing KITK Workshops since last June and love them. I am currently partnered with a local market on June 6th. I have 16 kids coming to the 10 a.m. slot and opened a 2 p.m. slot on Saturday. It has 5 in it so far! The local market owner is buying all the fruit and My Safe Cutters for all the kids! I am charging $2 each just for "my fee"... I am really excited because 90% of those registering have not been to my KITK workshops so this opens up new contacts for me. The kids will have fun and get to try fruits they may never have eaten (papaya, mango, starfruit, etc.) since I won't be making the purchases!

Attached are the recipes I used at the April workshop. I got them from the "Let's Eat Cookbook" and the "Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook" from PC. I give them the recipes each time for my workshops and then one "piece" of PC. I have to figure out what I am doing at mine in June. I am thinking maybe ice cream sundaes in the prep bowls and each child gets the Ice Cream Dipper (won't parents love that)! I charge $25 each. This particular one, if I have siblings, I will reduce the 2nd child to $10 if they don't want a 2nd ICD...

Attachments

• APRIL KIDS IN THE KITCHEN WORKSHOP.doc
    806 KB · Views: 578
  • APRIL KITK WORKSHOP RECIPES.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 380
  • JUNE WORKSHOP SEASONS HARVEST MARKET.doc
    65.5 KB · Views: 442

1. What age range is appropriate for "Kids in the Kitchen..." activities?

The "Kids in the Kitchen..." activities are designed for children ages 5-12 years old. However, children of all ages can participate with adult supervision.

2. Are the recipes and activities safe for children to do on their own?

Many of our recipes and activities are safe for children to do on their own, but we always recommend adult supervision. It's a great opportunity for parents to bond with their children and teach them important kitchen skills.

3. Do I need any special equipment or tools for these activities?

No, most of our recipes and activities use basic kitchen equipment that you likely already have at home. However, some activities may require adult assistance with using appliances such as blenders or food processors.

4. Can I customize the recipes to fit my child's dietary restrictions?

Yes, our "Kids in the Kitchen..." recipes are versatile and can be easily modified to fit dietary restrictions. We also have a variety of gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options available.

5. What are the benefits of involving children in cooking and baking?

There are numerous benefits of involving children in cooking and baking. It can help develop their fine motor skills, teach them about nutrition and healthy eating habits, and boost their confidence and creativity in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • GracedLiving