• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Kids Show: Shape Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Fluff & More!

In summary, the show was a lot of fun. About half the guests who had said they would be there were NOT (which, really was a good thing, because we were running out of food for the kids, anyway!!! lol). I had 7 guests at this show, and lots of kiddos around the table, making a circle around to get to all the food.
soccermama
What a great time!!! My Kids show today was a lot of fun. About half the guests who had said they would be there were NOT (which, really was a good thing, because we were running out of food for the kids, anyway!!! lol). I had 7 guests at this show, and lots of kiddos around the table, making a circle around to get to all the food.

Today's Menu:
Shape Sandwiches
Crinkle Veggies
Apple wedges
Pretzels
Peanut Butter Fluff
S'More Brownie Bites

I wrote out the menu on a Medium Simple Additions Square with bold Crayola washable markers (these work better than dry erase!) And the bold colors come pretty close to matching our colors (the S/S colors and the new F/W colors, too!)

I put a Beginners Cook Tool Kit list in each folder (flyer attached) and have promised the Peanut Butter Fluff recipe to be shared with receipts. It was a huge hit with the Moms :)

So all we did was help the kids make a sack lunch! They got to be hands on with it, the Moms were helpful and everyone had a great time!

The RSVP'd list of 13 became 7... I got 1 maybe on the bookings (which I can easily turn into a yes... I mean, this show was for someone who has marked NO on EVERY slip she has ever filled out!!!!!! lol) and I secured a date with someone who's been trying to find the right time. Well, she wants to do it before school starts, so we're running out of time, and it's now on the books for the 28th :)

Anyway.... I'll have a better idea of how to run a Kids show next time, I won't be as nervous, and it will still be fun.

Oh... and sales are sitting just under $400... we close on Friday. I sent her an email to send her "no shows" to let them know they could still place their orders. I got 1 response with order from that. Hopefully will get some more;)

Attachments

• Kids cooking.doc
    83 KB · Views: 551
How exciting! :)

That sounds fantastic.. good going!

Congrats on the great cooking show! I was SO glad to log on here this morning and see your post - I am having a kids cooking show this weekend (my first) and I'm very nervous about it. I've heard that they can turn into "craziness" with lots of kids and not a lot of sales.

Do you have an outline or anything that you followed? Did you give the moms "free time" to go shopping while you did stuff with the kids? What age range of kids were there?

Thanks!

SHEESH! I tried to post my reply this morning and the site went down :( But, I managed to save it so I could post when it came back up! LOL

Thanks all!

Hi Jen! I really wasn't very prepared for this, and it felt a little awkward, as I knew all the Moms... LOL But what I did was give out guest folders with the catalog, the discontinued items flyer, the Kids Cooking document that I attached in my original post, plus a Dorm Room Survival Kit flyer and some opportunity info (oh and of course an order form ;))

The kids were between the ages of about 3 (and had a little more help from MOm or siblings) and 12 (1 12 year old... the rest were more like 7-9, my kids' ages which is perfect for this kind of show!)

We all gathered at the table and they moved around as they made their lunch. We had sandwiches, carrots and celery, apples, pretzels, peanut butter fluff (from the Let's Eat! Cookbook) and S'More Brownie BItes (already made... and also from the Let's Eat! Cookbook) Once they had hit each station, they took their bags and went outside to eat. Then the Moms had a chance to check out all the tools the kids were using without the kids being in their way ;)

I do think there were a few who came to the show not realizing it was an actual Pampered Chef show. They didn't have their checkbooks with them!!! LOL Only 2 didn't order (1 I think just came for the sake of coming and something to do... the other, well, she never buys anything! lol She's a friend of mine and just doesn't buy much for herself, which is why I've got her having her OWN show in 2 weeks, and hers will be a Cold Stone show ;)) But from the other 5, 2 of them bought enough to get the QSP for free, and 1 of them that hadn't brought her checkbook put in a $40 order, and I just dropped in to see her at her family's restaurant on my way back home (and she's my maybe show... I'll call her this week! She's a couple years younger than me, we went to school together. But with her family's restaurant and her husband being in the Sherriff's dept, she knows EVERYONE!!!! lol)

Well, off to my 10 millionth job ;) I need to work less... lol I did decide that when I reach directorship with PC that the extra job I just picked up at the school will be gone! lol So, it may only be a 1 year job, but it will keep me out of trouble ;) LOL

1. What age range is the "Fun Kids Show: Shape Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Fluff & More!" suitable for?

The "Fun Kids Show" is suitable for children ages 5 and up. Younger children may also enjoy watching with adult supervision.

2. Can the recipes demonstrated in the show be made without adult supervision?

While some of the recipes may require the use of kitchen tools or appliances that should only be operated by adults, many of the recipes can be made with minimal adult supervision. We recommend that children always have an adult present when cooking.

3. Are the ingredients used in the recipes easy to find?

Yes, all of the ingredients used in the "Fun Kids Show" recipes can be found at any grocery store. We also offer tips for substitutions in case a specific ingredient is not available.

4. Can the recipes be adapted for children with allergies or dietary restrictions?

Yes, we offer alternative ingredients and substitutions for common allergens and dietary restrictions. Please consult with a healthcare professional or nutritionist for specific dietary needs.

5. Is there a cost to watch the "Fun Kids Show"?

No, the "Fun Kids Show" is completely free to watch. However, some of the recipes may require the use of Pampered Chef products, which can be purchased separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • diradt