1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Lost guests attention at show...

1. safariphoto

safariphoto Gold Member

I had a show recently and it was going great, we made Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cakes. In the middle of the show the hosts kids came running in and got 100% of the attention execpt for the guests that I asked to volunteer for the recipe. I wasn't able to regain their attention but still got a $400+ order. If I knew the kids were going to be there I would have included them, the 4 kids are 1-3 years old.

Any ideas on how to recover when the guests want to play with the kids? I may next time go out and give the guest books so they can shop as this is the first show I decided to wait on the books to be handed out as I was told it would hold their attention to the show and not to the books.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Sep 30, 2009
  2. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I have been known to hand the kids tools I am not using (and are not dangerous) to play with :) most times they want to show it to everyone- helps sales LOL. I also do ask them to help or offer taste tests if they will taste and sit. Bribery is great with tasting!

Sep 30, 2009
  3. safariphoto

safariphoto Gold Member

ummm, sounds like a great idea. I will have to try that next time. Maybe the Bamboo Spoons, measuring spoons/cups and other safe items.

Thanks

-Mike

Sep 30, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

The most important thing to remember is that it's not about you. Even if people don't seem to be paying attention to you, as long as they're having fun they'll enjoy the show. It's a party. If you insist on having all of the attention, it can become a class. Classes aren't nearly as much fun as parties.

Sep 30, 2009
  5. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

As a guest, I would think a cute child was way more interesting than the person doing the demo. Don't take it personally as people obviously liked the products.

Sometimes I will jokingly say something to regain attention. "I know I'm not as cute at the kids but I'd love to show you...." or last week's show "now that you've learned how to save bunches of money with host's couponing system, you can spend it on Pampered Chef" or at a party crowd "hey, you can drink and talk all you want as long as you buy something."

Whatever you do DON'T offend your host (and it sounds like you didn't).....

Sep 30, 2009
Have something to add?