• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Trying a Different Style of Show... Auction Type Show

In summary, the other day I attended a friend's show who is a DS with another company. I was really intrigued by the way she did her show. It was an auction type show. She starts out by sending the invites to the guest with a flyer on how to earn money (fake paper money) like go to my website, bring an outside order, bring a guest, etc. then during the show there are more ways the earn money by asking questions and so on. She's talks about her products and then she'll do the auction and gives about 5 gifts. The cost is the only thing that concerns me. I'm trying to keep the cost down so I would probably use lower price items under $5.
littlemaisyPC
Gold Member
The other day I attended a friend's show who is a DS with another company. I was really intrigued by the way she did her show. It was an auction type show. She starts out by sending the invites to the guest with a flyer on how to earn money (fake paper money) like go to my website, bring an outside order, bring a guest, etc. then during the show there are more ways the earn money by asking questions and so on. She's talks about her products and then she'll do the auction and gives about 5 gifts. The cost is the only thing that concerns me. I'm trying to keep the cost down so I would probably use lower price items under $5.

I want to try this way because I love PC but I don't like the cooking type shows. I either have guest who don't want to participate or to the other extreme guest who talk and don't pay attention. I like the whole walk through the catalog show but I wanted to make it a little more interesting.

What do you guys think? Any opinions are welcomed! Do you think this is a good idea or not?

It sounds good to me, I have found information on how to get the pc dollars for auctions and guides for printing them, however I haven't found a post from anyone who is doing this and how they run the auction. What products are being used? Is it a silent auction or do you hold the auction live? do you have the gifts wrapped or are people able to see what they are?

I saw the concept at another show. They got tickets for attending, tickets for bringing a guest, tickets for asking questions about hosting or recruiting ... then the consultant held up items & they would fight for it with the number of tickets they had. Highest bidder won. The object is to make it get bigger & better & don't let them see what's coming up. That way, they bid low in the beginning & all try to hold out for the biggest thing at the end. I agree though that if you did it at every show, it could get pretty expensive in the long run. I think I'd reserve it for more of a once or twice a year open house. ;)

I do an open house every August in an auction-style format. It's really successful and I usually have around $1000 in sales between "current" items and new items that come out in September. I give fake money ($100 each) for certain things, and I give more $100s for certain things I really want. For example, $100 for RSVPing, $100 for attending, $200 for placing an order, $300 for placing an order over $60 (either all new or old products), $400 for booking a show, $500 for booking a show in a specific month I want, $1000 for becoming a consultant (I also give $ for bringing friends, outside orders, etc.) I give away products that I have gained through the year, maybe I earned them, bought them with PC dollars or got them through specials throughout the year. I give away probably $300 worth in products (that's the value of the products, not what I paid) and I have new recipes for people to try but it is well worth it!

Kelly8 said:
I do an open house every August in an auction-style format. It's really successful and I usually have around $1000 in sales between "current" items and new items that come out in September. I give fake money ($100 each) for certain things, and I give more $100s for certain things I really want. For example, $100 for RSVPing, $100 for attending, $200 for placing an order, $300 for placing an order over $60 (either all new or old products), $400 for booking a show, $500 for booking a show in a specific month I want, $1000 for becoming a consultant (I also give $ for bringing friends, outside orders, etc.) I give away products that I have gained through the year, maybe I earned them, bought them with PC dollars or got them through specials throughout the year. I give away probably $300 worth in products (that's the value of the products, not what I paid) and I have new recipes for people to try but it is well worth it!

How do you earn PC dollars? I've never had any and have been selling for over 3 years (I started just before they were part of the new consultant offering).

I can think of a couple things that helped me break out of my circle. Actually, I only had about a half-circle to begin. :rolleyes:

1. My neighbor had a party, and she invited people I didn't know. One of those people booked a party, which led me to a whole different area, and all new people - I can still trace shows today back to that show.

2. I had a Pampered Chef button that I wore on my coat. In fact, I still wear one, I've gotten many more comments and orders and shows from my pin, than from the tote. Anyway, I literally bumped into a lady while shopping at the health food store, and she saw my pin and said "Pampered Chef, I love Pampered Chef - I'd love to have a party". We exchanged business cards, I called her that evening, and she booked a party....which led to a ton of other parties...

Both of these happened right at the beginning of my career, and I can still see the fruit from those two shows. It really does only take ONE SHOW to make your business really take off, so don't give up!

gailz2 said:
How do you earn PC dollars? I've never had any and have been selling for over 3 years (I started just before they were part of the new consultant offering).
PC has incentives to earn them every so often. In Dec., if you had a certain amount $$ in sales, you could earn 5% of your sales in PC dollars. I got almost $200 that way! Those of us who earned level I this past season can also earn them this month in place of discounted conference. (since we already have conference for free.)Then, Directors and above can also buy them to use as incentives. My director uses them as incentives at our Cluster meetings. I earned $8 last cluster meeting, I think it was.

Thanks, Becky. I forgot about the Dec. offering. I got over $3000 in Nov. and only 2 small shows in Dec. My Director has never given any away, darn.

reneenshelcook4u said:
It sounds good to me, I have found information on how to get the pc dollars for auctions and guides for printing them, however I haven't found a post from anyone who is doing this and how they run the auction. What products are being used? Is it a silent auction or do you hold the auction live? do you have the gifts wrapped or are people able to see what they are?

I was planning on having 3 gifts in a bag and not letting the guest see. I'll start the bidding off at say $500 and then the guest go from there.

Also I did some thread digging and I found some old post on Auction style type shows.

Sheila said:
I saw the concept at another show. They got tickets for attending, tickets for bringing a guest, tickets for asking questions about hosting or recruiting ... then the consultant held up items & they would fight for it with the number of tickets they had. Highest bidder won. The object is to make it get bigger & better & don't let them see what's coming up. That way, they bid low in the beginning & all try to hold out for the biggest thing at the end. I agree though that if you did it at every show, it could get pretty expensive in the long run. I think I'd reserve it for more of a once or twice a year open house. ;)

Yeah, you're right I might just do that instead.

I just came across your post after posting somthing similar of my own. Please check it out and tell me your thoughts. I am curious if you tryed this? I am planning somthing along these exact lines as well. Trying to piece it all together. Thanks.

1. What exactly is an "Auction Type Show"?

An Auction Type Show is a unique type of Pampered Chef party where guests bid on and purchase products instead of making traditional purchases. It is a fun and interactive way to shop and try out new products.

2. How does an Auction Type Show work?

During an Auction Type Show, guests are given "Pampered Chef Dollars" to use for bidding on products. These dollars can also be earned through participating in games and activities. The highest bidder on each product wins and can purchase the item for the amount they bid.

3. Can I still earn host rewards at an Auction Type Show?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards at an Auction Type Show. Your host rewards will be based on the total sales from the show, including the amount spent by guests during the auction.

4. Are there any special incentives for guests at an Auction Type Show?

Yes, guests at an Auction Type Show can earn raffle tickets for participating in games and activities. These raffle tickets can be used to enter for a chance to win free products or discounts.

5. Can I customize the products available for bidding at an Auction Type Show?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to customize the products available for bidding at your Auction Type Show. This can be a great way to showcase products you are interested in trying or products that are popular with your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies