• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini-Margarita Pie Recipe....anybody Have It??

In summary, the recipe for mini margarita pies uses sugar cookie dough with cream cheese and powdered sugar. They are garnished with strawberries if desired.
Jenn'sKitchen
Gold Member
I am looking for the mini-margarita pie recipe that you use sugar cookie dough with. Does anybody have this????????:balloon:

ooh! Haven't heard of that one yet. Please share if anyone does!

Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball, flatten slightly and place in Mini Muffin Pan.
Bake cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS lightly with floured Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

Shana my friend - YOU are the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am making this tommorrow!

shana beat me to this... :)

I made this for a party and it does have a tart lime after taste, so my advice is to take it easy on the lime side. Hardly anyone ate them except DH after I brough them home.

I made these for a junior high faculty and had women chasing me down for the recipe!! And I used two limes!!!!

I love this idea...

Enjoy! I had to practically pry my face off the plate the first time I had them!

ha ha, maybe my and this groups taste buds are sensitive :)

ShanaSmith said:
Enjoy! I had to practically pry my face off the plate the first time I had them!

LOL

I haven't made them yet...but I could see that happening to me, too! My only "real" craving with my first pregnancy (and somewhat this time too) is/was SOUR STUFF! Y-U-M-M-O!!!

Are you using 3oz or 8oz package of cream cheese?

Oh my gosh! I am going to have to make these.

Do you zest the whole lime? Do you like them better with or without the pretzels?

Jenni said:
Do you zest the whole lime? Do you like them better with or without the pretzels?

I zest the whole lime...and I do the crushed pretzels in the bottom of the cup - I LOVE the sweet/tart/salty combination! It's a taste explosion on your tongue...in fact, now - I think I'm going to have to make some of these today. I have a bag of key limes just sitting there in the refrigerator...

merego said:
shana beat me to this... :)

I made this for a party and it does have a tart lime after taste, so my advice is to take it easy on the lime side. Hardly anyone ate them except DH after I brough them home.

Some of that might depend on the size of the lime....

one more ?
ChefBeckyD said:
I zest the whole lime...and I do the crushed pretzels in the bottom of the cup - I LOVE the sweet/tart/salty combination! It's a taste explosion on your tongue...in fact, now - I think I'm going to have to make some of these today. I have a bag of key limes just sitting there in the refrigerator...

Sorry I have one more ? when you say you put the crushed pretzels in the bottom of the cup.... do you mean under the sugar cookie or on top?
Thanks Becky

:chef: Jenni

I was thinking you could crush the pretzels, dip the sugar cookie into them before molding into the mini muffin cups. You could even dip the tart shaper into the crushed pretzels and have pretzel on both sides of the cookie crust.

I just sprinkle some on the cookie cup before I pipe in the filling

My own tweek..Okay~ I made them last night and they were FAB-ulous!!!!!!! I put a little bit of green food coloring in for color.. then used the food chopped to chop the pretzels and sprinkled on top. It made so many I had to give them away... thank god I had plans to drop off two host packets. Both host were grinning ear to ear when I showed up with food. I can't even tell you how many of the 40 I ate... shame shame. I did lighten them up with lite cream cheese and Fat free cool whip and ran them through the Weight Watchers recipe builder... they came out to 2 pts each! Just a little FYI

Thanks for the recipe and also for the tweaking, Jenni. I'm going to make these Saturday for a party.

I made these today for the very first time. I must say Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I made them for a Stampin Up party last night and got mixed reviews. I thought they were good, but not OMG good. Maybe it's me? I also made mock margaritas in the QSP. Those were terrible! I must've been having an off night, lol. :(

Yes, I made these for a 4th of July party. I thought they were "OK" but others just LOVED-LOVED-LOVED them. But, then again, I don't care for "standard" (lime) margaritas...I always like the strawberry, etc flavored better. (Not to mention I'll always choose a daquiri over a margarita.)

I used juice of 1 lime but zest of 2 limes. I filled one without putting the chopped pretzels in first and DH said they were a little tart. He loved them once I put in the chopped pretzels before filling. So, the pretzels DO make a difference.

I haven't tried the mock margaritas, but I did try the Mock Mojitos and they were wonderful! Didn't quite fill the QSP, so I added extra lemon-lime soda and rum to fill the pitcher. Many people don't like regular mojitos (I do) - but I thought this recipe made it more palatable to everyone - by using the soda and citrus. I think I will make them tonight!

What ingredients are needed for the Mini-Margarita Pie recipe?

The ingredients needed for the Mini-Margarita Pie recipe are graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, and lime slices for garnish.

What equipment is required to make the Mini-Margarita Pie?

To make the Mini-Margarita Pie, you will need a mixing bowl, a pie dish, a measuring cup, a spatula, and a hand mixer (optional).

How long does it take to make the Mini-Margarita Pie?

The total preparation time for the Mini-Margarita Pie is approximately 20 minutes. However, it will need to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.

Can the Mini-Margarita Pie be made in advance?

Yes, you can make the Mini-Margarita Pie a day in advance and store it in the freezer until ready to serve. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.

Can I substitute the alcohol in the Mini-Margarita Pie recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the tequila and triple sec with non-alcoholic versions or leave them out entirely for a non-alcoholic version of the pie. However, the taste and texture may be slightly different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Dina Atnip