• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrating Show: A Vent Session from a New Poster in Direct Sales

In summary, the conversation involves a new poster who had a frustrating show with low sales and a small turnout. However, she also shares a positive experience with a show that had a larger turnout and higher sales. The conversation also touches on the ups and downs of selling and the importance of forgiveness and patience. The original poster also received support and encouragement from other members.
pamperedberry
Gold Member
Hey there! New poster here....I've been reading posts for months......but had a very frustrating show last night.....had to vent! The host told me she had 6 confirmed guests and one outside order! Not too shabby, I thought....

When I got there.....it was an order for $20 or so. Then....only 3 people showed up! (she had invited....through evites or in person probably about100 people! ) We had a good time! BUT......$80 in sales for the people there! UGH! So...now we're at $100. :cry:

She's now working on outside sales......Good news----one of the girls there is getting married.....so she wants to set up a wedding registry. So something positive came out of it.

But....it's shows like these that make me wonder if I'm really cut out for this. I do this on the side for my "fun" job.....but nights like last night make me wonder if I really want to keep doing this.

Thanks for letting me vent.....feel better now! :)

Welcome to Chef Success!
If you sell PC long enough, you will get a non-show every now and then. You're not alone!
Vent away, and post some successes, too

Well I had show on Weds., she did invites by web site and also via FB....we had her one friend from her office, her mom, and 2 sisters show....(sisters came to eat, but were playing video games). 4 people just didn't show.....we had planned food for 15, as that's what she normally has.

Sales with an outside order, just came to $150.00, she's working on more orders. But, I did get a booking for early Dec. and one for March for new products.

On positive note, had a show last night this hostess thought would be much smaller than normal, as she's only just gone back to work after surgery, and well....we had 22 people and sales are just over $1000.00.

So in same week I had a bad show and then an awesome show. But even with "bad" show, I got 2 bookings.

I've done this for 5+ years and you have times of good and times of bad, you just have to ride the waves as they come.

Lisa

Definitely, good shows and bad ones.. keep at it.

I had a show two weeks ago that just wasn't closing due to my job schedule and hers. We had it "finalzied" and I just needed to get final payment, then I went to a poorly advertised expo last night. I had a whopping $87 in sales.

So, last night I had to send my host from two weeks ago an e-mail that now she must do more shopping. I tacked my sales from the expo onto her party and put her into another bracket. She got an extra 5% off and another $25 in free product. I found a piece of silver in that dark cloud...

Those kinds of shows happen to us all once in a while. Some seem to experience a cluster of them occasionally. Don't let it discourage you. We have a saying here--bless and release. In other words learn what you can. Forgive* those involved. Move on.*Even if it doesn't seem that anyone's done anything wrong, sometimes it helps to choose to forgive whatever part they might have had (intentional or unintentional, known or unknown) in what happened.

So---have an update on this show....WELL.....worked out much better than I thought!!!! She ended up getting outside orders....and including what she ordered, it's going to be a $469 show!! Enough to put me over the $1500 to earn some free products!!! I'm amazed!! AND.....she's considering becoming a consultant in February! YIPPEE!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent....I just need to remember to be patient and to take the good with the bad....sometimes the bad isn't so bad after all!!! :love:

Glad it worked out for you & hopefully will be a new business for her too! :D

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef show less frustrating?

One way to make your Pampered Chef show less frustrating is to plan ahead and have all necessary ingredients and materials readily available. This will help minimize any last-minute scrambling or stress. Additionally, try to keep a positive attitude and have fun with your guests!

2. How do I handle difficult guests during a Pampered Chef show?

It's important to remember that everyone's experience with a Pampered Chef show may be different. If you have a difficult guest, try to stay calm and address any concerns they may have. If necessary, you can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for guidance and support.

3. What if I'm not happy with the products I purchased from a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee on all of their products. If you are not happy with your purchase, you can contact your consultant or Pampered Chef customer service for a refund or exchange.

4. How can I get the most out of a Pampered Chef show?

To get the most out of a Pampered Chef show, be sure to actively participate and ask any questions you may have. Take advantage of the cooking tips and techniques shared during the show, and don't be afraid to try new products or recipes. You can also talk to your consultant about hosting your own show to earn free products and discounts.

5. What if I can't attend a Pampered Chef show but still want to purchase products?

If you are unable to attend a Pampered Chef show, you can still make purchases through your consultant's website or by contacting them directly. You can also host a virtual show or shop through a friend's show to still take advantage of discounts and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • vwpamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ConnieR
  • abell