• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Had a Show Tuesday Night - About 75 People Invited - 8 Rsvp'd - 2

In summary, the host had an event and only 2 people showed up. She is upset because she did a lot of work and the guests did not show up.
jcwarr
i had a show tuesday night - about 75 people invited - 8 rsvp'd - 2 showed up - no sales!!!!!!

i want to cry, i did so much work and i am pissed as is the host!

just had to vent...thanks!!

:cry:

Sorry to hear...I had a graduation shower/party like that - mailed 100 invites - had about 6 SMALL orders...only had about a $200 show for all the work and printing.Sometimes those just happen.

jcwarr said:
i had a show tuesday night - about 75 people invited - 8 rsvp'd - 2 showed up - no sales!!!!!!

Did she call and personally invite the 75 and did she follow up with the guests a few days before her show? Very important that she talks to them personaly either by phone or in person. E-mail is not personal.

jcwarr said:

I feel your pain...one of my new consultants hosted her own kick-off party, sent out 90 invites (didn't call, in spite of being coached to), 3 showed up, $180 in sales after almost 6 weeks. And she hasn't done another show since!

Hang in there and just keep swimming, just keep swimming :sing:

I'm sure she get some outside orders :) Cheer up. We've all had a show like that. Your next one will be great & you'll forget all about this one.

I feel the anxiety...I have a party coming up the day after I get back from National Conference on the 20th. Now, it is an open house type thing with three co-hosts. They all know that I am going to split the show accordingly if sales are high enough.
The plan is simple. I bring lots of tools BUT I AM NOT PAYING FOR FOOD and I am not doing a demo. I will bring some potaoes, carrots, whatever and set up spots where the guests can play with tools. I got caught bad in one of those traps once and promised I would never do that again. I am going to make up the sample pouches of spices as give aways and that is all. The first, and last, party I did that promised to be so big had about 60 people, lots of beer no orders and a food bill that took a whole months worth of groceries out of my own house. Lesson learned and I moved on. I will never forget that lesson either. If we let the bad parties get us down, then we will always be down. Yeah, it hurt and yes it was devistating to a point because I could not figure out what I DID WRONG! It was a couple of days but then I realized after pondering, worrying and chastizing myself to see if I did what I was supposed to do that I did my job. I made the contacts with the host, I got her list, I got her to make follow up calls and everything. How could I know that her followups went something like, "I am having a party Saturday night - you coming?" I found out from one guest about week later that my host NEVER told them it was supposed to be a Pampered Chef Party! So you can never guarantee anything your host does. So give yourself a huge hug, tell yourself it is OK and start planning your next party. You are good at what you do or you would not feel so badly. So go gettem tiger! Or should that be tigress? Either way, it was more than likely not you! (I would bet a million $$ on it!)

What is the average turnout for a Pampered Chef show?

The average turnout for a Pampered Chef show can vary, but typically it is around 10-15 attendees. Keep in mind that not everyone who RSVPs will actually show up, so it's always a good idea to invite more people than you want to attend.

How do I get more people to RSVP for my Pampered Chef show?

One way to encourage more people to RSVP is to offer incentives, such as a free gift or discount for those who RSVP by a certain date. You can also remind your guests that RSVPs help you plan for the event and ensure there is enough food and supplies for everyone.

What should I do if I have more people show up than RSVP'd?

If you have more people show up than RSVP'd, don't panic! It's always better to have too much food and supplies than not enough. You can also try to improvise with what you have, or ask some guests to bring an extra dish or drink to share.

Should I follow up with those who RSVP'd but did not attend?

Yes, it's always a good idea to follow up with those who RSVP'd but did not attend. You can ask if there was a specific reason they couldn't make it, and offer to schedule a personal Pampered Chef show for them at a later date.

What are some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef show with a small turnout?

Even with a small turnout, there are still ways to make your Pampered Chef show successful. Consider offering special deals or discounts for those who do attend, and make the event more intimate by involving everyone in the cooking process. You can also ask guests to invite a friend or family member to join, which can help increase the turnout for future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
grins88