• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show

In summary, the conversation involved a consultant sharing their disappointment about a recent show with low sales and potential cancelled bookings. Other consultants offered support and advice, such as following up with customers and utilizing recipes to increase sales. Some consultants also shared their own experiences with low sales at shows. The conversation also touched on the importance of managing expectations in this business.
chefsteph07
Earlier this week I had posted about how I had actually had an impressive show just close..well, I shouldn't have gotten so excited...last night I had a show w/ about 14 guests...well, the host is only at about $400 in sales and that is with about $75 in outside orders...

The AVERAGE order was about $20 and 2 guests bought the trifle bowl and didn't want to book for next month...

You may feel disappointed, but you shouldn't! $400 in sales is a good show, but I know how it can be sometimes when it doesn't meet your expectations. Good luck w/ your business. Maybe they will change their minds down the road.

Oh yeah! It could've been way worse! *REJOICE* that it actually qualified as a show! Yippeee!!! I have a catty show closing on sunday and I'm just praying she gets enough orders to get some host benefits! I've done host coaching with her and followed up, but she's only gotten 4 orders for a grand total somewhere in the $75.00 range :eek:p Make customer care calls and send the trifle bowl customers the huge list of trifle recipes, and who knows... they may be repeat customers!!!!

I had a show last summer that had 14 guests and sales of $275! You can just never tell how things are going to turn out.

My show yesterday was $33! Yes, $33! You win some, you lose some! Let's hope for outside orders all around!

I am a new consultant and would love some help finding the huge list of trifle receipes you talked about. Thanks so much for your help.

Thank you very much. I have 5 shows booked for December and I want to make sure I have some receipes to go along with the Trifle Bowl host special.
Thanks

Right now I have a show from 11/2. 12 guests, 4 orders just making the 300.00 mark, problem is I JUST want to close it but she wont call me BACK!!!:eek: :yuck: :eek: geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

Where do you get these?Wow! You guys are amazing! Where do you get these recipes from? Are they a personal thing that someone on here typed up, or is there a resource for them. I am specifically interested in getting some recipes for the rice cooker plus, because a guest at one of my shows told me that a month before I starting selling, she bought 5 rice cookers (so $100 product total) at a show and plans to include a huge recipe booklet that that consultant had for cakes that you can do in the microwave really fast, etc., and give them as Christmas gifts.....I thought that this was a really good idea, but don't know where to get the recipes from. Thanks in advance! You guys have some wonderful ideas that are really going to help me get my business off to a great start!:)

DO SOME BIG MACS!!!!! Sometimes people feel weird booking at shows. They think their friends will tease them. Maybe you didn't get to "sell" your December theme? Maybe you need different words? This will give you a chance to say thanks for coming, did you like the recipe, would you like to learn another one while earning free and highly discounted products, have you ever thought of doing this, do you know someone who needs an extra $100 a week or debt free holiday or adult conversation, etc.?

Oh I know it could've been alot worse! three weeks ago I had a show, ONE person showed, she ordered $30 worth of product and I NEVER HEARD FROM THE HOST AGAIN...I emailed her, left her a few messages that if she couldn't get any more orders that I would put her one guest order on another show and I would give the host the discount from the show I added the order on if she wanted a few things for herself..nope, never heard a word back from her and I just put the one order on another show and ate the $2 direct ship for it. I tell ya...some people! LOL

I guess I was just disappointed bc I knew it was going to be good numbers at the show and was expecting a little more...that's what I get for 'expectations'! LOL But you guys are right, sales are sales and $400 is my average so I shouldn't be TOO upset!

I had a show last night...3 guest showed up. Only 2 gave me an order...50.00 total. The other guest has promised to order but took the book home to look at. I have a 70.00 order to add to it, but right now it is not a qualified show. I gave her until Thursday to take outside orders. I have actually been having a good month (I am more of a hobby consultant) and was hoping this show would put me at the $1500 level. I have one more show on the 30th.

I worked my tail off for a multi-vendor event today that an organization I am active with put on. The turn out wasn't too hot, and I ended up with one order fo $14.50! I would have been elated with $400! Lucky you!

why do things always fall apart in the months that I really care?! since we are all comserating, i had a show today, three guests no orders. it was a gorgeous day, 7 peopel called to cancel on her this morning.

not one order! but the host is motivated to collect outside orders. I told her not to worry, some of my biggest shows were shows like this. she thinks it is very manageable to collect 15 orders! so we at least have an expectation set for a $700 show. cross your fingers.

not the way i like to get my business, but i will take it!

My best show had the fewest guest (4). Most shows that I've done with a large crowd has the smallest sales results. Not really a small total, but small orders per person average.

Bobby

My shows go back and forth like that - a really good one gets you pumped up and you want them all to be that way!

Today's show: the host spent over $300 on PC 2 weeks ago and wanted more, so booked this show. I thought it was going to be another big show. Nope! Only 3 guests RSVP'd. I could tell she was hurt (several long-time friends weren't returning her calls) and tried to coach her more during the past few days. We talked several times about outside orders, and she said she was expecting some.

It closed at $160. She is getting a cookbook with FPV, and nothing else.
I feel kinda bad for her. Well - she is very happy with the stuff she ordered at her friend's show, and seems OK with it.

Maybe next show will be better!

i always feel badly for the host. especially when i knowi host coached well. it is weird how the shows bounce back and forth so much. just crossing my fingers she works on those outside orders. she seems like a very motivated host.

How to get excited?
PCJenni said:
I had a show last summer that had 14 guests and sales of $275! You can just never tell how things are going to turn out.

My show yesterday was $33! Yes, $33! You win some, you lose some! Let's hope for outside orders all around!

Sorry to hear your show was only $33. I just did my second show and right now it is at $86.00. How do you get your hostess excited when she hasn't even qualified for any benefits (free items, 1/2 price or discounts)? Plus neither of the guests wanted to host a show. Jez

Last edited:
BYUSkiBum said:
Wow! You guys are amazing! Where do you get these recipes from? )

Scroll to the top of the page on Chef Success, click on "files" and browse to your heart's content.

Heather, Thanks so much for the Trifle Bowl files. They're wonderful.

You can just never guess how much people will spend at a show. I had a show last year with 12 people there. Usually for me with that many in attendance I can count on it being at least $500. Imagine my surprise when the show totaled out at $239! Not one order was over $25! Oh yeah - no bookings either.

I had another show (5 people there - she was expecting 12) where the only person who bought something was the past host....which meant that commisionable sales = $0!

It happens, just don't worry about it. The next one is bound to be better!

Oh I know, it's already gotten better...there was a girl who wanted to do a catty show for Nov, I got her a few books last week then on Friday she asked if I could do a home show at the end of the month, which of course I told her yes! So tonight she emails me two outside orders she has gotten and she is already at $187.00 commisionable sales!

Not to mention I am $1600.00 on the month already...so I'm pretty happy...
I just want more! LOL

A show I closed this morning the host got the 5 & 7 exec set...
I know things could be worse!

I only have 2 shows on for Dec so I'm going to try to work my tail off for a few more shows...
Nov is the best month I've had in a LOOOOONG time. I was in danger of going inactive in August bc my summer was so lousy..and bc my summer was so lousy I don't think I'm going to make Level 1 of the incentive...I had been consistent all year until June-Aug hit...ugh.

Related to A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show

1. What is "A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show"?

"A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show" is a popular cooking demonstration event held by Pampered Chef consultants. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about our products and how to use them in your everyday cooking.

2. How is this event different from other Pampered Chef shows?

This event is specifically designed to showcase how our products can help you in various cooking scenarios, including when things don't go as smoothly as planned. It's a great opportunity to see our products in action and learn how to handle unexpected situations in the kitchen.

3. Can I attend this event if I am not familiar with Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! "A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show" is open to everyone, whether you are a loyal Pampered Chef customer or new to our brand. Our consultants will guide you through the event and answer any questions you may have about our products.

4. Is there a cost to attend this event?

No, there is no cost to attend "A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show". It is a complimentary event hosted by our consultants to introduce you to our products and demonstrate their versatility in various cooking scenarios.

5. How can I find a "A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show" event near me?

You can visit our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to find out about upcoming events in your area. You can also host your own show and request to have "A Rough Night at a Pampered Chef Show" as the theme. It's a great way to gather friends and family for a fun and educational cooking experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sprout18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennifer Neal
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies