• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Little Vent About Tonight's Show

unless something similar happens again, I would still count the show as a cooking show. She bought the ingredients. (I think that's the gist of the $15 extra a cooking show host gets - that it re-imburses her for the food cost.).
Yakmama
How can I prevent this in the future?

I had a hostess who used to be a Pampered Chef consultant. She knows how this works. She invited 40 people to her show tonight and assured me there were 10 confirmed guests. When I arrived, she changed to "4 confirmed guests" but she's sure more will come.
Half an hour after the show was supposed to start ONE person came- and she didn't order anything.

I told her it would have to be a "catalog show" so she is going to try to drum up more orders.

How do I avoid a disaster like this in the future? Did I miss something in the coaching?

I think she lied to you - did you mail the invites or did she? Did you see the guest list?

I didn't see the list or mail the invites. She did ask me for more invites after her initial pack. She was super nice and super bummed that no one came. She was really beating herself up. I don't think she lied to me- but maybe she didn't say the right things when she invited people or something? I don't know...

you can 't change it to a catalog show . no matter how many people she had at her house . just try ti get more outside ouders in .

The only thing I can think of for the future is to mail out the invites... sorry this happened.

Yes, start mailing invites and offer to make the reminder calls...remind about the website if you have one...

I mail all the invites for my hosts. But just realize that sometimes this does happen. I had a past PC consultant who gave me a guest list of over 60 people!! She even told me she called all the confirm but left a lot of messages. She had two people show up! She did end up having a $300 show.

I wonder if by being past host, they burned out their family and friends while they were in, and just didn't get the response they expected.

chef131doreen said:
you can 't change it to a catalog show . no matter how many people she had at her house . just try ti get more outside ouders in .

Why can't she change it to a Catalog Show? I've never heard of not being able to do that...

I would think that if you went to her house, she bought the food, you did a demo of some kind, it should stay a catalog show. She still reserved the night from her schedule and tried. How hard? Who really knows, but don't you think it should remain a cooking show? That way she at least gets $15 for it (if it qualifies). Did she agree to it being a catalog show and forfeiting the $15?

if i went to the house did the show, even if it was just for the host and her kids, but she rounded up enough orders to qualify as a show i would count it as a cooking show. you still did a show, just the majority of the orders came as outside orders. as for how to prevent it happening again, i'm sorry i don't have any advice. i'm still trying to figure that out myself. good luck, i hope it qualifies!

I missed that part - it would still be a cooking show. She is just collecting outside orders now. She bought food and you did your demo.

This sounds like something that happened to me too! The show wasn't just an ordinary cooking show but a "farewell" to the host as she was moving out of state. She invited 40 people, said she had 12 confirmed and only 3 showed up. She was so bummed out and I felt so bad for her! All in all, it still was a decent show.

Yes, I would still count it as a cooking show. She bought the ingredients. (I think that's the gist of the $15 extra a cooking show host gets - that it re-imburses her for the food cost.).

But if you believe she DID invite people, then I would count her show as a Cooking Show. JMO

My guess is that, as a former consultant, she thought she knew what she was doing, so didn't follow your host coaching. Did she lie to you? Possibly. You said that she said she had 10 confirmed, then changed that to 4 confirmed. That's different than, "I had six people call today and tell me the can't make it." I would also guess that she counted the I'll tries as I'll be theres. Unless something similar happens again, I'd chalk it up to the host and, as, we say here often, bless and release.

Last edited:
I should clarify. When I said I would change it to a catalog show, I didn't mean that I would enter it as a catalog show. I just meant that she would have to rely solely on outside orders. Sorry for the confusion.
I've been hesitant to mail out invites for my hosts because of the cost, but I might have to bite the bullet and just do it. Thanks for the tips!

1. What is "Little Vent About Tonight's Show"?

"Little Vent About Tonight's Show" is a segment on our Pampered Chef live cooking shows where our host shares any challenges or frustrations they encountered during the show. It's a way for them to connect with our audience and also provide transparency about the live cooking experience.

2. Why is this segment included in the show?

We believe in providing an authentic and genuine experience for our viewers. The "Little Vent About Tonight's Show" segment allows our hosts to address any issues that may have occurred during the live show and also shows that we are real people who make mistakes.

3. How often does this segment occur during the show?

The "Little Vent About Tonight's Show" segment typically occurs towards the end of our live cooking shows. It is not a regular occurrence and only happens when our host has something they want to share with our audience.

4. Can viewers interact or ask questions during this segment?

Yes, viewers are welcome to ask questions or share their own experiences during the "Little Vent About Tonight's Show" segment. Our host will try to address as many comments as possible before the end of the show.

5. Is there a way to watch the "Little Vent About Tonight's Show" segment if I miss the live show?

Unfortunately, the "Little Vent About Tonight's Show" segment is only available during the live cooking show. However, you can always catch the replay of the show on our website or social media channels to watch the segment in its entirety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MrsNetNut404