• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Mega Show - Food & Games for 80+ Guests

mostly single women, come and spend the day with us. We played games, ate yummy food, and had a great time. We raised $275 from this show. I've heard of this game, but I'm not sure how it's played. Can you give some instructions?The game is played with a large group of people and it's a lot of fun. Basically, you are given a catalog and you have to find the gift that is listed. It's a lot of fun and it's a great way to get everyone looking through the catalog at once.
winklermom
This may have already been covered but I haven't seen it. Someone gave me the idea this past week to do a Mega Show. I'll invite five to eight hosts who will be responsible to bring (Not just invite but have confirmed) ten to 15 adult guests. Each host will be her own show and will, in turn, get all the benefits of this show.

I'm planning to do this and already have one host confirmed to participate but I'm needing a few more ideas about food and games. This could potentially be 80 or more guests, so I need ideas on what to do to feed this many people and what type of games could I do for a group this size?

Also, has anyone else done this already and, if so, how did it go? :chef:

Great idea if you have the space to do this. Definitely want to know how this works out. I would do something like the mini chocolate tiramisu cakes of the taffy apple tartlets. You can make a bunch up ahead of time and just show one batch as the demo. Pizzas in the bar pans feed a look. We have several recipes for different ones and those crusts can be cooked ahead and toppings added later (especially the cool veggie pizza). Meatballs, bread for oil dipping or the cream cheese with sauces over and simple crackers.

The Queen of Shoppers game would probably work well with a big group and get them all looking through the catalog at once. Maybe even a couple of gifts going at one time (although they'll shout out the page and give it away)...hmmm, but just yelling out...I got it!! Have to think about that one.

Look at the bottom of this thread to see what others have done in the past. It's a great way to get November Sell-A-Thon covered. It's a LOT of work that day, so make sure that you have help.

Oh yeah - as far as feeding people - have each host bring a recipe to share with their guests. You could have some small things on hand but don't try to feed 80 on your own.

crystalscookingnow said:
Oh yeah - as far as feeding people - have each host bring a recipe to share with their guests. You could have some small things on hand but don't try to feed 80 on your own.

Duh...should have thought of that. I'm just used to going overboard when it comes to hosting my own show or doing open houses. Not sure how NOT to feed everyone. Makes this type of show seem not quite so daunting.

crystalscookingnow said:

Great idea! I haven't thought about that! I know it's going to be a lot of work, but I REALLY want to hit that $6,000 mark for November and I think this will be a huge boost to that.

I'm also planning to do two host-only give-aways. One to the host who has the most adult guests in attendance and one to the host who has the most in guest sales. If there is a tie for the attendance, I'll use their guest sales as the tie breaker.

Also, on a side note, Crystal I love your quote in your signature. One of my favorite scriptures is Matthew 6:33. ;)

yankfan24 said:
Great idea if you have the space to do this.

That's covered. I'll use the fellowship hall at our church.

yankfan24 said:
Queen of Shoppers game would probably work well with a big group and get them all looking through the catalog at once. Maybe even a couple of gifts going at one time (although they'll shout out the page and give it away)...hmmm, but just yelling out...I got it!!

I've heard of this game, but I'm not sure how it's played. Can you give some instructions?

It's funny that you should ask this. Myself along with a few other consultants from our cluster just did two of these shows within the past couple of months.

The first show took place in September and we did it as a fundraiser (a husband & wife couple on our team had twin boys very prematurely so we hosted this "mega" show and donated all of our commissions to them to help with travel costs, hotel rooms, meals, etc. We were able to give them $1100 just from our commissions!!!).

The second show took place in October and we had 5 consultants, and about 8-10 hosts and guests.

The main thing is to keep the food simple, especially if you are doing this by yourself. (Popcorn at each table with the Parmesan/Garlic seasoning and the Buffalo seasoning. At the main food table we had cream cheese with the sauces poured over them served with crackers, Cheesy Bacon Bites, Antipasta Pull-Apart Pizza, veggies served with SW dip.) For desserts we made two types of cookies (they can be made ahead of time and froze) and a couple of trifles. Keep in mind, there was more than one consultant doing this.

In the past we did a mega show and we asked each host to either bring a dessert or an appetizer, so that made it easier on us not having to make all of the food. We supplied them with a few recipes to choose from (easy recipes) and then make.

For drinks we just had a punch, coffee, and water.

We didn't do any games, other than a chinese auction and for that we used extra product that we had on hand. We sold tickets and used the $$$ to defray the cost of the food, paper goods, rental of the church, etc.

We asked each attendee to sign in under their host and get a name tag. On the name tag we also asked them to put their favorite product, then during the evening we asked for a couple of volunteers to tell about their favorite product (they earned additional tickets for the chinese auction for doing this). That way, they were selling the product for you.

We had a table set up of all the new Fall/Winter products and a separate table set up with the current and next month host & guest specials and encouraged people to go around and check out the tables.

People could earn additional tickets for the chinese auction by bringing an uninvited guest or outside order, booking a show, etc.

Hope this helps. If you'd like the documents emailed to you, please let me know.

Attached are a few documents that I've used currently and in the past. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Pampered Palooza Host Letter.doc
    31 KB · Views: 556
  • Pampered Palooza Invite.doc
    27 KB · Views: 469
  • Pampered Palooza.doc
    27 KB · Views: 435
I've heard of this game, but I'm not sure how it's played. Can you give some instructions?[/QUOTE]

Search in the files section for Queen of Shoppers. The instructions are all written up and you can just print them out. Be sure to use most recent for the for Fall catalog. I just tried it at my last show and the guests were hilarious and very competitive!!!:thumbup:

Karen said:
It's funny that you should ask this. Myself along with a few other consultants from our cluster just did two of these shows within the past couple of months.

The first show took place in September and we did it as a fundraiser (a husband & wife couple on our team had twin boys very prematurely so we hosted this "mega" show and donated all of our commissions to them to help with travel costs, hotel rooms, meals, etc. We were able to give them $1100 just from our commissions!!!).

The second show took place in October and we had 5 consultants, and about 8-10 hosts and guests.

The main thing is to keep the food simple, especially if you are doing this by yourself. (Popcorn at each table with the Parmesan/Garlic seasoning and the Buffalo seasoning. At the main food table we had cream cheese with the sauces poured over them served with crackers, Cheesy Bacon Bites, Antipasta Pull-Apart Pizza, veggies served with SW dip.) For desserts we made two types of cookies (they can be made ahead of time and froze) and a couple of trifles. Keep in mind, there was more than one consultant doing this.

In the past we did a mega show and we asked each host to either bring a dessert or an appetizer, so that made it easier on us not having to make all of the food. We supplied them with a few recipes to choose from (easy recipes) and then make.

For drinks we just had a punch, coffee, and water.

We didn't do any games, other than a chinese auction and for that we used extra product that we had on hand. We sold tickets and used the $$$ to defray the cost of the food, paper goods, rental of the church, etc.

We asked each attendee to sign in under their host and get a name tag. On the name tag we also asked them to put their favorite product, then during the evening we asked for a couple of volunteers to tell about their favorite product (they earned additional tickets for the chinese auction for doing this). That way, they were selling the product for you.

We had a table set up of all the new Fall/Winter products and a separate table set up with the current and next month host & guest specials and encouraged people to go around and check out the tables.

People could earn additional tickets for the chinese auction by bringing an uninvited guest or outside order, booking a show, etc.

Hope this helps. If you'd like the documents emailed to you, please let me know.

Attached are a few documents that I've used currently and in the past. Hope this helps!

Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! These are wonderful ideas and are so very appreciated!!!

One thing I noticed is that you had everyone make their check out to you but I had thought to have them make their check payable to their respective host and then have the host write one check to me. This would keep me from have 80 or so checks to deposit.

Another question with regard to recipes: does it matter if the host prepares her recipe with PC products? Some of these hosts are relatively new and don't have a good collection of products as of yet.

1. How many people should I invite to my mega show?

The ideal number of guests for a mega show is around 80-100. This will ensure a lively atmosphere and enough people to participate in the games and activities. However, you can adjust the number based on your space and budget limitations.

2. What type of food should I serve for a mega show?

Finger foods and appetizers are the best options for a mega show as they are easy to eat and require minimal clean-up. You can also consider having a potluck style where each guest brings a dish to share. Don't forget to have options for vegetarians and those with dietary restrictions.

3. Can I use any Pampered Chef products for the food at my mega show?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef has a wide range of products that are perfect for serving and preparing food for large groups. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

4. What are some fun games or activities I can include in my mega show?

There are many fun games and activities you can include in your mega show, such as a cooking competition using Pampered Chef products, a tasting game where guests have to guess the ingredients in a dish, or a recipe exchange where guests bring their favorite recipes to share. Get creative and have fun!

5. How can I ensure that my guests have a great time at the mega show?

Aside from having delicious food and fun games, make sure to have a good flow of activities and plenty of interaction between guests. Encourage guests to mingle and get to know each other, and offer prizes or incentives for participating in the games. Also, don't forget to thank your guests for coming and providing feedback on how to improve future mega shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies