• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lousy/Loser Recruit and Host Candidate (Vent)

2 of the 4 people who RSVPed yes cancelled. She didn't sound very upset. So...we decided to turn it into a catalog show. A week later, I have collected $250 in outside orders, and have heard nervous laughs from her when I encourage (ok tell) her to follow up with the people who had expressed an interest. I know what's going to happen - her show will be my $250 in outside orders. I am ok with doing that for someone who has made an effort, but she has not. I e-mailed her today to ask if she's even interested in what little discount she's earned, and the Host Special. I am, quite frankly, POed
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

Sorry I have to vent. I'm sure many of you have been through similar experiences.

I met "Gina" at my house of worship a few weeks ago, the day before a fundraiser for the house of worship. She seemed very nice and sociable, and came to the fundraiser. At that time, she told me that she was looking for a flexible way to earn extra cash and was interested in PC. We met the next day and she signed, postdating to March 16. We filled in the dates on her agreement with the understanding that her next steps were to book those dates. We even came up with a list of 15 people.

I checked in with her daily, and she told me that she had called 10 people and they all said NO. I asked her to tell me why they should book a show, and her response was "Because they feel sorry for me." I tried to coach her away from that, but the attitude persisted. Needless to say, she did not book any shows. So, I suggested that I do a show for her this past weekend (3/15) and the booking would be hers. She thought it was a great idea. We customized the evite to that effect and she sent about 20 evites. She told me that she also passed around a flyer at a local weight-loss place where she exercises.

The night before the show, I called to see how many people. No response. I called again the morning of the show. Gina let me know that 2 of the 4 people who RSVPed yes cancelled. She didn't sound very upset. So...we decided to turn it into a catalog show.

A week later, I have collected $250 in outside orders, and have heard nervous laughs from her when I encourage (ok tell) her to follow up with the people who had expressed an interest. I know what's going to happen - her show will be my $250 in outside orders. I am ok with doing that for someone who has made an effort, but she has not. I e-mailed her today to ask if she's even interested in what little discount she's earned, and the Host Special.

I am, quite frankly, POed that someone would sign a contract and then take it so lightly. I am POed that someone would see me making an effort on her behalf, and not acknowledge or return the effort. Most of all, I am POed at myself for getting all excited about future director and violating my director's rule - book 4 shows, then sign.

I am very tempted to take over the show as my own, but that would be unethical. It will be very difficult to be anything other than polite to her when I see her at our house of worship. I have zero respect for her.

Thank you for letting me vent!

I am very tempted to take over the show as my own, but that would be unethical.

How is it unethical, you did do all the work? I can see why you would want to let her still have the benefits, but if she didn't do anything on her part, does she really deserve them?

susanr613 said:
Hi -

Sorry I have to vent. I'm sure many of you have been through similar experiences.

I met "Gina" at my house of worship a few weeks ago, the day before a fundraiser for the house of worship. She seemed very nice and sociable, and came to the fundraiser. At that time, she told me that she was looking for a flexible way to earn extra cash and was interested in PC. We met the next day and she signed, postdating to March 16. We filled in the dates on her agreement with the understanding that her next steps were to book those dates. We even came up with a list of 15 people.

I checked in with her daily, and she told me that she had called 10 people and they all said NO. I asked her to tell me why they should book a show, and her response was "Because they feel sorry for me." I tried to coach her away from that, but the attitude persisted. Needless to say, she did not book any shows. So, I suggested that I do a show for her this past weekend (3/15) and the booking would be hers. She thought it was a great idea. We customized the evite to that effect and she sent about 20 evites. She told me that she also passed around a flyer at a local weight-loss place where she exercises.

The night before the show, I called to see how many people. No response. I called again the morning of the show. Gina let me know that 2 of the 4 people who RSVPed yes cancelled. She didn't sound very upset. So...we decided to turn it into a catalog show.

A week later, I have collected $250 in outside orders, and have heard nervous laughs from her when I encourage (ok tell) her to follow up with the people who had expressed an interest. I know what's going to happen - her show will be my $250 in outside orders. I am ok with doing that for someone who has made an effort, but she has not. I e-mailed her today to ask if she's even interested in what little discount she's earned, and the Host Special.

I am, quite frankly, POed that someone would sign a contract and then take it so lightly. I am POed that someone would see me making an effort on her behalf, and not acknowledge or return the effort. Most of all, I am POed at myself for getting all excited about future director and violating my director's rule - book 4 shows, then sign.

I am very tempted to take over the show as my own, but that would be unethical. It will be very difficult to be anything other than polite to her when I see her at our house of worship. I have zero respect for her.

Thank you for letting me vent!

How is it unethical to turn in the show as your own, when you are the one that collected all of the orders? Technically, it is your show. In my opinion, it would be unethical to let her turn in the show as hers when you are the one who actually gathered the orders.

Personally, I would give her back her contract, and let her know that when she is ready to make an effort, you'll be glad to help her get started.

Well, sounds like she is being a kit-napper!!! I would take the orders and put it in myself! Your the one who collected the orders with no help from her and it seems like she has put zero effort into it. Maybe talk with her and ask her if she is serious about this business and explain that you are, so unless she gets her act together you are taking the party for your own.

Well, I guess we were all typing at the same time, and all feel the same!! LOL

If you collected all of the orders there is nothing unethical about you turning that in as your show. I would tell her that since she did not get any orders you will need to submit those orders yourself. I agree that you should just return her agreement to her. She is not ready to commit to the business.

wow - thanks so much for the support! i know for sure that i am going to have the products delivered to my house. the last thing i need is for her to hold on to them forever. as for the show itself, i may very well let her know that if she does not collect any orders, then i will take over the show.

i never did turn in her agreement, so fortunately PC has not wasted a kit or the paperwork. she wrote a check for the kit, and i am going to keep it up on my bulletin board to remind me to do things BY THE BOOK :)

susanr613 said:
wow - thanks so much for the support! i know for sure that i am going to have the products delivered to my house. the last thing i need is for her to hold on to them forever. as for the show itself, i may very well let her know that if she does not collect any orders, then i will take over the show.

i never did turn in her agreement, so fortunately PC has not wasted a kit or the paperwork. she wrote a check for the kit, and i am going to keep it up on my bulletin board to remind me to do things BY THE BOOK :)

You should probably return the check to her too...but make a copy for that board. ;)

Good luck with her!

I agree with everyone else, you worked to get those orders. This may sound harsh but if I have orders to add to a show I usually will add them to the host that worked the hardest for me. If they work hard for me then I will help them as much as I can. The same would go for a recruit.... we are all on the same team if you got my back I got yours too idea. Hope this makes sense. :chef:

I would definately take the orders that I collected and turn them in for myself. If she has not collected any orders why should she get the benefits? You just HAPPEND to have collected orders - what if you didn't have any... she would get nothing. And if she gets the benefits for doing nothing who will she tell and what will they expect from you in the future?

I do add orders to my hosts shows when I get them but like someone mentioned I have learned to NOT tell my hosts about it until we have totaled up what they have - I want to make sure they work as hard as they need to and my additions are a reward for thier hard work.

Sorry you have to deal with this lady - at least you were proactive enough to not turn her stuff in yet so she doesn't have the kit!

I agree too, and what if she did sign and never did a show?
Or you'd be on her every minute of the day to book or whatever..you don't want someone on your team like that anyway.

thanks so much for the confidence boosters, cheffers. i spoke with her this evening and told her that since all the orders are mine, the show is mine too. she didn't protest one bit

thanks again for your help!

We met the next day and she signed, postdating to March 16.

I am very tempted to take over the show as my own, but that would be unethical.

Well....postdating is a big clue in this unethical tale. You posted this yesterday, 20 March. If the contract was dated 16 March, it was antedated.

Which is another ethical dilemma, hmmm?

edit- never mind, I read your post again. I just don't understand why the date fiddling was going on.

Related to Lousy/Loser Recruit and Host Candidate (Vent)

What is a "Lousy/Loser Recruit and Host Candidate (Vent)"?

A "Lousy/Loser Recruit and Host Candidate (Vent)" is a term used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe someone who has shown little to no interest in becoming a consultant or hosting a party. They may have attended an event or expressed interest at one point, but have not followed through with any action.

How can I avoid recruiting or hosting a "Lousy/Loser"?

The best way to avoid recruiting or hosting a "Lousy/Loser" is to have clear and open communication with potential recruits or party hosts. Make sure they understand the commitment and benefits of becoming a consultant or hosting a party. It is also important to follow up consistently and hold them accountable for their actions.

What can I do if I have already recruited or hosted a "Lousy/Loser"?

If you have already recruited or hosted a "Lousy/Loser," don't be discouraged. You can still try to engage and support them in their role as a consultant or party host. If they continue to show disinterest, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential recruits or hosts.

How can I turn a "Lousy/Loser" into a successful consultant or party host?

It can be challenging to turn a "Lousy/Loser" into a successful consultant or party host, but it is not impossible. Continuously communicate and support them, provide resources and training, and help them set attainable goals. Celebrate their successes and address any concerns they may have to keep them motivated and engaged.

What should I do if I encounter a "Lousy/Loser" at a party or event?

If you encounter a "Lousy/Loser" at a party or event, try to engage with them and find out more about their interests and goals. If they show disinterest, don't pressure them or waste too much time trying to recruit or host them. Instead, focus on building relationships with other potential recruits or hosts at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SDTeaGirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
maldvs
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies