• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Possible to Please a Difficult Host?

The kit that came with shrink is for hosts with more than 1 PC.I met a lady at a small vendor thing I did December 5th. She was a photographer that had a booth there too. She wanted to do a catalog show so I sent her the stuff and talked to her about being able to show everyone around the holidays and closing first part of January. Tried host coaching, never got a hold of her. Tried getting her orders to close her show, never got a hold of her. I finally got a hold of her about two weeks ago. She said she had not got any orders, can we extend it? Sure, why not... So I call tonight to close and she
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I met a lady at a small vendor thing I did December 5th. She was a photographer that had a booth there too. She wanted to do a catalog show so I sent her the stuff and talked to her about being able to show everyone around the holidays and closing first part of January. Tried host coaching, never got a hold of her. Tried getting her orders to close her show, never got a hold of her. I finally got a hold of her about two weeks ago. She said she had not got any orders, can we extend it? Sure, why not... So I call tonight to close and she chews me out! Said something about wanting to get orders for people before Christmas?? Huh? We were doing a January catalog show and not closing until January. Then proceeds to tell me that she didn't get her stuff until December 18th, two weeks after we met. I know I mailed her the stuff and said that it's possible it got lost at the PO. She went on to tell me that it was postmarked December 13th. That irks me first off because I know that all my packets go Priority but I also know that it didn't take me a week to send it out to her. I just let her "give" it to me and then she asked if she could just place the one order she got on her friend's show next month and then hung up when I said yes. Just venting, sort of unnerved me a little!

Sorry to hear it. Don't take it personally! She might have issues, whatever they are.

Don't you wish you could just TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL! Some people don't deserve our kindness *hehe*. I know, we should have good customer service, but just because we are in sales, etc...doesn't mean we deserve or have to get treated like dirt.Having said that, just figure she's having some really tough issues right now and you were the closest one she could feel vindicated in taking it out on and then bless/release. Thankfully, they aren't ALL like that.I personally think booth contacts- while some can be good, can also be tough because there isn't as much of you 'invested' into the relationship from the start. (I get the most of my cancellations from booths.)

That's just wrong. I'm so sorry she treated you this way. This is definitely a situation that calls for bless and release.

She's embarrassed that she didn't get more orders so it's your fault. Bless and release.

esavvymom said:
I personally think booth contacts- while some can be good, can also be tough because there isn't as much of you 'invested' into the relationship from the start. (I get the most of my cancellations from booths.)

I am actually the opposite with booth bookings, they have really helped me so far. I can contribute at least half of my shows to booth meetings and drawing sign ups.
I have only had one P.I.T.A. hostess so far and had her chew me out via email. But still makes you feel down but then I realized she had the issues not me. Good thing there are more good people then bad!

Don't worry about it. She has a screw loose. You know how you can tell? Two weeks ago should have been when she said all that. Not two weeks after she asked to extend it! Unless she had no idea what month it was when she asked to extend it! How do you get Christmas orders two weeks after Christmas?

What, John, haven't you received your PC time machine? It came in the fall changeover kit. LOL!

Dang I knew I missed something good in September! Is that the same change over kit that came with ready to use "shrink" for nutty hosts?

No, I think that's in the spring changeover.

1. How should I handle a host who chews me out?

First, take a deep breath and remain calm. Then, actively listen to the host's concerns and apologize for any mistakes or misunderstandings. Offer a solution or compromise to address the issue and make things right. Remember to maintain a professional and polite demeanor throughout the conversation.

2. What if the host is being unreasonable or aggressive?

If the host is being unreasonable or aggressive, it's important to stay calm and not engage in arguments. Try to redirect the conversation to focus on finding a solution rather than placing blame. If necessary, involve a manager or higher-up to mediate the situation.

3. Should I offer any compensation to the host?

If the host is genuinely dissatisfied with their experience, it may be appropriate to offer some form of compensation, such as a discount or free product. However, use your discretion and make sure the compensation is fair and within company guidelines.

4. How can I prevent this situation from happening again?

Reflect on what led to the host's dissatisfaction and take steps to prevent similar issues in the future. This may include better communication, double-checking orders, or addressing any concerns promptly. Also, make sure to follow up with the host after the situation has been resolved to ensure their satisfaction.

5. What should I do if the host wants to cancel their order or event?

If the host wants to cancel their order or event, remain professional and understanding. Offer to help them with the cancellation process and provide any necessary information. If the host is cancelling due to a negative experience, take the opportunity to apologize and address their concerns to potentially salvage the relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • byrd1956