• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing My First Show: Tips for Managing Outside Orders and Delays

In summary, the conversation discussed a consultant's first show and how the host requested to postpone closing the show until the next day. The consultant asked for advice on how to handle the situation and seasoned consultants suggested waiting until Friday or rebooking the host for a future party. They also discussed the benefits and success of rebooking hosts for future parties.
TheNewMrsRue
Hey everyone! I'm trying to close my first show, and when I called the host today at our scheduled time, she gave me the rest of her outside orders which was close to $150 more. But she said there were a few more orders she was waiting for and wanted to see if we could postpone closing until tomorrow, which I told her that would be fine. My question is what do i say to her tomorrow if she wants to delay again?

I am all about getting more orders since I'm working to qualify in my first 30 days (as of right now with her show, I'm already 1/2 way there!) but I don't want it to drag out for the rest of the week.

Any advice from seasoned consultants that has helped?

It sounds like you can *afford* to wait a few more days to submit if you need to. She may be waiting for people's paydays which often come on Fridays so if she asks one more time, suggest 5 pm Friday. You want to keep in mind that this host will definitely want to book another show with you if she gets great customer service from you. I am wishing you great success with your future as a Pampered Chef Consultant!

when is your 30 days up? I would let her know that you dont like to keep shows open longer then a few days. Honestly if they dont get the orders in a few days they are likely not to get them later on. As Patty said she may be waiting for payday though.

Since it is your first party, start a good habit here. Go into P3 and rebook your host. Put a date in about 5 months out. DO THIS FOR EVERY PARTY!! Your hosts will thank you in the long run. I never even tell my hosts I do it. But if something comes up that I know they want as a host special I have a great surprise for them when I tell them they can get TWO!! One as the host of her own party and one as the past host as you rebooked her! I have had hosts KISS me for that!! plus if it is something they want, the leverage you now have with the double host bonus, will usually get you that party! I have a few that are gonna freak when I tell them I know they wanted knives and I have them as their own past hosts! And I have another one that wants some of the open stock stainless cookware. She had a July party. Right after NC when we found out about the cookware special for October, I called her, told what I did and she said put a party in the program for October and thank you, thank you, thank you! She will coming back to me for more parties!!

pampered1224 said:
Since it is your first party, start a good habit here. Go into P3 and rebook your host. Put a date in about 5 months out. DO THIS FOR EVERY PARTY!! Your hosts will thank you in the long run. I never even tell my hosts I do it. But if something comes up that I know they want as a host special I have a great surprise for them when I tell them they can get TWO!! One as the host of her own party and one as the past host as you rebooked her! I have had hosts KISS me for that!! plus if it is something they want, the leverage you now have with the double host bonus, will usually get you that party! I have a few that are gonna freak when I tell them I know they wanted knives and I have them as their own past hosts! And I have another one that wants some of the open stock stainless cookware. She had a July party. Right after NC when we found out about the cookware special for October, I called her, told what I did and she said put a party in the program for October and thank you, thank you, thank you! She will coming back to me for more parties!!

What a GREAT idea!!! I had never even thought about that!

I do what John does, but only if the host agrees. We pencil in a date. That way it's a legitimate booking. Technically there's a difference between a booking (we have a date on the calendar) and a potential booking (maybe one day). I know it seems like a small thing, but I'm a stickler for rules.So, what I do is ask every single host if they'd like to schedule a party about 5 months from now. We set a tentative date, which I pencil in. I promise to call several weeks before that date so that we can reschedule if necessary.

This is awesome Rae. I think I am going to have to start doing this. I can't believe I never thought of it.

Just wondering if you were able to close the show tonight?

I would wait until Friday (payday) also! What's the rush? As long as you have time left in your 30 day window, you have nothing to lose by waiting for a few more orders, and they could be BIG ones :)

I ended up closing on friday and my show total was....

$1,169!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooo stinkin' excited! I was supposed to have 4 shows this week (one tonight, one tomorrow night & 2 on saturday) but my Uncle passed away on Tuesday, so I had to reschedule Friday & saturday shows so I could attend the funeral.

I'm so excited about my 1st show!!

Oh and I got three bookings from it!!

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle!!Congratulations on your first show! You're SOOOOO close to qualifying already and it sounds like you've got what you need in place to make that happen. Keep up that momentum and you'll do extremely well!!

Awesome Rue!!! Nice job

Waaaahooooooo!

If they book a show off their own show can they get the host special twice???

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle.Congrats on the show sales. That's great! In the "news" section of my web page, I have all my $1,000+ hosts listed. Just knowing that they might get their name on my web page has been an incentive for some of my hosts to go above & beyond trying to reach that level or surpassing that level! :D

bgupton said:

If you put them in as a booking off the current show, and they do follow through & decide to host another show within 6 months, then yes. At that future show, they can get something off the host flyer as the host and something else as the past host. ;)

bgupton said:

Yes they can! Once as the host, and once as the past host from whom the show was booked.:thumbup:

Congrats on a great first show!!!

Thanks everyone! I was excited! I am officially qualified as my show on Thurday put me "over the mark". I got EIGHT BOOKINGS off my show on Thursday, even though it was only a $300something show!

EIGHT BOOKINGS FROM ONE SHOW??? Wow, you're off to a FANTASTIC start!!!

Waaahoooo!

one backed out, so now it's 7! Still I'm pretty excited about that!!

1. How do I close my first show?

To close your first show, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Thank your guests for attending the show and supporting you.
2. Offer any last-minute deals or promotions.
3. Remind guests of the host rewards and how they can earn them.
4. Share your contact information for future orders or parties.
5. Collect orders and payments from guests.
6. Thank the host for hosting the party and offer any additional rewards they may have earned.
7. Follow up with guests and the host after the show to ensure a smooth delivery and to book future parties.

2. What are the best ways to encourage guests to place orders at my first show?

There are a few ways you can encourage guests to place orders at your first show:
1. Share the benefits of the products and how they can improve their cooking and kitchen experience.
2. Offer special deals or promotions for first-time customers.
3. Highlight the host rewards and how guests can help their host earn them.
4. Offer a raffle or giveaway for attendees who place an order.
5. Provide a deadline for orders to create a sense of urgency.

3. What should I include in my closing script for my first show?

Your closing script for your first show should include:
1. A thank you to guests for attending and supporting you.
2. A reminder of any last-minute deals or promotions.
3. Information on the host rewards and how guests can help their host earn them.
4. Your contact information for future orders or parties.
5. A call to action for guests to place orders and any incentives you are offering.
6. A final thank you and appreciation for the host for hosting the party.

4. What are some effective ways to follow up after my first show?

Here are some effective ways to follow up after your first show:
1. Send a personalized thank you note or email to each guest for attending and placing an order.
2. Reach out to the host to thank them for hosting and offer any additional rewards they may have earned.
3. Provide updates on the delivery of their orders.
4. Offer to schedule future parties or events with interested guests.
5. Ask for feedback and reviews from guests to improve future shows.

5. How can I make sure my first show is successful?

To ensure your first show is successful, here are some tips:
1. Prepare and practice your presentation and closing script beforehand.
2. Set achievable goals for sales and bookings.
3. Promote your show through various channels such as social media, word of mouth, and personal invitations.
4. Keep the show interactive and engaging for guests.
5. Offer deals, promotions, and incentives to encourage guests to place orders.
6. Provide excellent customer service and follow up with guests after the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • darlinclem