• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Your Show: Tips for Handling Delays and Ensuring Timely Results

In summary, the customer is not happy about the hold up and the host is giving her all her host rewards. The host has an agreement that she should be able to stick to, but the customer is asking if there is a better way to handle this. The host tells the customer that time is running out and the customer is asking if there is a better way to handle this. The host tells the customer that the show has already been submitted and the customer can either suggest she have her own kitchen/catalog show to get the products free instead or offer to put it on your next open show so she saves on shipping.
princessmeshelle
ok, i'm not a fan of holding shows for that last order that seems to take FOREVER to come in. However, i am giving this customer time because i agreed to. i left a msg with her hubby asking her to call me back tonight, time doesn't matter, so we can get this show closed. so, is there a better way to handle this? it has only been a week since the show, however, i'm not happy about the hold up. any advice to get this show closed asap? on the one hand i don't want to alienate the customer or the host, but i don't want to let this drag. TIA

I say if you had an agreement that you should be able to stick to it. Call the host and let her know that time is running out and you would hate for her guest to miss the opportunity to order and hopefully it won't change the amount of money she has in FREE stuff.

Not sure if I would trust hubby to give her the message...have you thought about sending her an email? If it has been a week, that means your show was in Sept. You only have until the 15th to get it in or all host/guest specials are null and void. Is the host close to the next reward level? If so, it may be worth giving this guest extra grace; if not, it is time to get tough.If you don't hear from her tonight and it won't make a difference on the host rewards, then try first thing in the morning or middle of the day tomorrow when hubby is at work and you'll either get her or a machine. Tell her that you want to honor your word and give her a chance to order, but you also need to honor the other guests who have already ordered and paid. Don't tell her the official deadline, but state "TPC has a deadline for submitting shows from the previous month and I need to get this show submitted in order for those guests to receive the Sept. special." Tell her if you don't hear from her by midnight, you will be submitting the show without her order.If you hear from her after the deadline, wondering if she can still get in her order, you can tell her the show has already been submitted and either:
1) suggest she have her own kitchen/catalog show to get the products free instead
2) offer to put it on your next open show so she saves on shipping
3) take her order as an individual order with direct shipping (if you feel generous, you can offer to pay the difference between direct ship and guest to host shipping)This way, you are not turning down her business but reinforcing what you told her about the deadline being a deadline.

seriously!!!!:mad:why did i let it happen to me? for future reference, i'm never letting a show stay open for one more order EVER AGAIN! my host just informed me that the last order backed out after all. big surprise right? if my host were anyone but a friend, i might be more annoyed:grumpy:
happily though, my host must love me. she is giving me ALL her host rewards. free product value and host special. i can't believe it. i knew about the host special, but now i'm floored! i know its only 25$ in FPV but still... i'm just thankful to have her as a friend!:) i guess, i'm a lucky girl.

Lucky you! In the future, tell hosts we have a two-days-after-the-show closing policy. Since I have shared this, I have not had any hosts stretch beyond that. I follow up with guests, but after the 2nd contact make it the host's problem...if they want the added orders for their next bonus bump, they'll make it happen.Remember all the contorting we do actually hurts the PC image for our hosts--make the job as simple as it is, and ask them to join!

What is the process for closing a show?

The process for closing a show involves collecting orders and payments from customers, entering them into the system, and submitting the show order to Pampered Chef. Additionally, you will need to schedule any host rewards and follow up with customers to ensure their orders are delivered satisfactorily.

When should I close a show?

You can close a show as soon as all orders and payments have been collected from customers. It is recommended to close a show within 10 days of the show date to ensure timely delivery of orders and to take advantage of any limited-time offers.

How do I enter show orders?

To enter show orders, log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Orders" tab. From there, select the "Show Orders" option and enter the customer's name, order details, and payment information. Be sure to review and verify all information before submitting the order.

What host rewards are available for closing a show?

The host of a Pampered Chef show can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales of their show. The rewards are tiered, with higher sales resulting in greater rewards. You can view the current host rewards on the Pampered Chef website or in your consultant resources.

What should I do after closing a show?

After closing a show, you should follow up with customers to ensure their orders were delivered correctly and to address any issues or concerns. You should also schedule any host rewards and thank the host for their support. Additionally, you can start planning for your next show and continue to build relationships with your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies