• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Catalog Show Profits: Tips for Closing with Checks and Credit Cards

In summary, the conversation discussed ways to handle the closing of a catalog show. It was mentioned that customers can write checks to the host, who can then add the amount to their total or use their own credit card to pay. It was also suggested to close the show over the phone for accuracy and to avoid postage fees and bank fees for bounced checks. The option for the host to place orders online and have the total charged to their credit card was also mentioned. It was advised to only charge the card once for the total amount and to remind the host to put the orders under their show on the website for credit.
musicalglow
My friend is doing a catalog show - can her customers write a check payable to her and I can fill in my catalog show's credit card information within Pampered Partner to pay for it since the customer wrote her a check?

How do you guys generally handle the closing of a catalog show?

I provide a SASE that the host can use to mail me any order forms and checks that they collect. They have their friends make checks out to my name. Or, if the host is comfortable with it, they have their friends write the check out to them, and then I add the amount to the host's total. Then under the host's payment tab, I just enter in the total amount of her order, plus whatever friend's orders she is covering. I let my hosts know that we can just close the show over the phone. It makes it easy so that I can be sure everything is accurate by using P3. They can use a credit card or a debit card (instead of writing a check). Be sure to have all the checks before you submit the show. The more you can avoid checks, the better. Then they don't have to pay postage and you don't have to wait for the checks to arrive in the mail. Also, it helps to avoid bank fees if any checks bounce. The debit is the same thing as a check, only better because you know right away when it gets processed if it's going to go through or not. And HO lets you know if they don't go through...much better than receiving a fee from the bank. That's probably more info than you wanted...just thought I'd share a little more since I've recently gone through the whole bad check thing. :rolleyes:

Perfect!!! Thank you so much! Can my host just order for her customers on my website but pay for it w/ her credit card to get it over with versus trying to figure out the total at the end?

She can place the orders online. She can see what the totals are and inform her friends. Then you retrieve the web orders and put them into P3. You don't want her card being processed multiple times for all the different orders. (The cards get charged when you submit the show, not when the online order is placed.) You only want her card to be charged one time for the grand total she's paying for, so it would be best for her to wait to enter her CC info until you close the show w/ her.--Oh, and be sure to remind her that she needs to put the orders under her show on your website so that she'll get the credit for them. Not as an individual order.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can offer some advice on how to handle the closing of a catalog show. While it is ultimately up to you and your friend to decide how to handle payments, I would recommend having the customers write their checks directly to Pampered Chef. This ensures that the payment is properly processed and credited to your show. You can then use your Pampered Partner account to enter their credit card information and pay for the order. This will also make it easier for you to track your sales and commissions. I hope this helps and best of luck with your catalog show!

1. How do I become a Catalog Show Host?

To become a Catalog Show Host, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to sign up. It's free and easy to get started!

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Catalog Show?

Hosting a Catalog Show allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as special host rewards. It's a great way to try out new Pampered Chef products and save money.

3. How long does a Catalog Show last?

A Catalog Show typically lasts for two weeks, but can be extended if needed. Your consultant will work with you to find the best timeframe for your show.

4. Can I host a Catalog Show if I don't live in the same area as my consultant?

Absolutely! Our catalog shows can be done completely online, making it easy for anyone to host a show no matter where they live.

5. What kind of support will I receive as a Catalog Show Host?

As a Catalog Show Host, you will have the support of your consultant every step of the way. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to make your show a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies