• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can one person pay for a catalog show on their credit card?

In summary, it is possible to pay for a Catalog show with a debit card if you have the host's CC number and expiration date handy. However, you are discouraged from doing this more than once or twice.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have a host doing a Catalog show for January (we are closing on 2/5). She lives way on the other side of town. She is planning on having everyone who places an order with her write their check to her and then she just pays for the whole show on her credit card. I've never had anyone do this before. Is is OK? If it is OK, do I just record her CC #, expiration date and name on each individual order on the payment screen?

I was told No (and I think the manual says No). But I had a host pay for 3 orders on her Catalog show with her Debit card. I said I would try - and it went through. I did it as 3 separate guests (actually just 2 guests and her Host order) - but all three were the same CC. They didn't hold it, email me or anything. It just shipped. That's my experience.
Joanne

I haven't submitted an entire order that way but I have used the same card for 3 payments on one show before and never had any trouble either.

I have had a host that had to pay for her order, plus 1-2 guests, so I entered her CC info in to the host payment screen, and "overcharged" her for the entire amount to cover hers + the others...and even though it shows an over payment on hers, and nothing on the other 2 hosts, in the end it will balance out, and I've never had a problem with "overcharging" one person.

jenniferknapp said:
I have had a host that had to pay for her order, plus 1-2 guests, so I entered her CC info in to the host payment screen, and "overcharged" her for the entire amount to cover hers + the others...and even though it shows an over payment on hers, and nothing on the other 2 hosts, in the end it will balance out, and I've never had a problem with "overcharging" one person.

I've done that too, but with P3, it won't balance unless each guest is charged and had paid what they owe. I called into tech support to get help submitting on P3 with this problem and they said to enter the same card on each of the orders. It went through and has been shipped out, so I guess we can do that now!

Wow, I would think that they are charged for each credit card transaction that they put through, and, that is a pain for the buyer....3 (or more) transactions instead of 1..that stinks!

There IS one drawback I learned. When a customer wants to take advantage of the 30 day warranty and get his/her money back, it will be charged back to the credit card originally charged- that may pose an inconvenience to the customer, especially if they don't know the host very well or see her very often. However, how often does someone use that 30 day warranty? It's a chance you take....

DizziePixie said:
There IS one drawback I learned. When a customer wants to take advantage of the 30 day warranty and get his/her money back, it will be charged back to the credit card originally charged- that may pose an inconvenience to the customer, especially if they don't know the host very well or see her very often. However, how often does someone use that 30 day warranty? It's a chance you take....

Good point! hmmm...

DizziePixie said:

That is a REALLY good point. I would actually let the customer and host know about that BEFORE they put it on the card.

I'm with everyone--very good point!

Oh my gosh ... I never thought about that. Thank you, I'll advise her.

The policy in the starter kit manual says that a hostess can pay for a FEW guests if they have forgotten their wallet. But it is discouraged or not allowed (can't remember which wording) to have the host pay for their guests orders beyond that just mentioned.

I have done this and asked the solution center and they said that it was okay. Haven't had any problems yet.

As far as posting returns back to the credit card, I simply tell the solution center to credit mine then I just give the guest their money back.

I had a host pay for an entire show ($800+) on her cc and it went through with no questions asked. I don't really think HO cares who pays or how...just as long as it is paid for. Valky

Great to know!

Related to Can one person pay for a catalog show on their credit card?

1. What is the "One Payment for Catalog Show" option?

The "One Payment for Catalog Show" is a payment option offered to Pampered Chef customers who are hosting a catalog show. It allows the host to make a single payment for their order, rather than having each guest pay individually.

2. How does the "One Payment for Catalog Show" work?

When a customer chooses the "One Payment for Catalog Show" option, they will receive a special link to share with their guests. Their guests can then place their orders using this link, and their orders will be added to the host's show. At the end of the show, the host will make one payment for the total amount of orders.

3. Is there a minimum order requirement for the "One Payment for Catalog Show"?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for the "One Payment for Catalog Show" option. Guests can place orders of any amount, and they will still be included in the host's show.

4. Can I still earn host rewards with the "One Payment for Catalog Show"?

Yes, the host can still earn rewards and discounts with the "One Payment for Catalog Show" option. They will receive the same rewards as they would with a traditional in-person or online show.

5. How long do guests have to place their orders for a "One Payment for Catalog Show"?

Guests typically have 7-10 days to place their orders for a "One Payment for Catalog Show". This allows enough time for guests to browse the catalog and place their orders before the show closes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG