• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Paying for Multiple Orders

In summary, the hosts on this forum have discussed the best way to handle multiple orders and payments from a host. The general consensus is to have the host pay for all orders with one credit card, as this is the simplest method and avoids any potential payment declines. Some hosts have also mentioned using the payment tab to calculate the total amount owed, and having the host collect payments from guests and make one large payment over the phone. This method is generally successful, but there is a small chance of issues arising with credit card companies. Despite Home Office not officially endorsing this method, many consultants find it to be the most efficient and secure way to handle payments.
pctharper
Gold Member
I've read on here before about people having problems if the host pays for multiple orders. I had a show on Saturday that the host is closing today. She got 3 or 4 outside orders and wants to put them on her credit card. Whats the best way to enter this into P3? Do I have to enter in her card number for each order or is there a simple way to do it?

I just put the total amount she is paying for on her payment screen.. just one time

It won't decline the payment since the amount is more than what just her total is?

It won't decline it for the host as long as it's not the whole show.

raebates said:

It's been a while but I've put through one or two shows that the host payed for everything (catalog shows) and never had a problem.

I do host payments all the time. You can check out the payment tab at the top and it will show you the total of all orders without payment. You just change your host's total to this. I do not have hosts mail me check afterwards because it's too much hassle to get shows closed. After their shows, the guests write checks to the host and they give me one big payment over the phone. 99% of the time this works for me! The 1% would be people who don't use debit/credit cards or don't have a bank account.

raebates said:

I do this a lot. The host collects the money and pays with her cc for everything and they have never been declined. The host uses her cc to get extra points for using it (cc bonus program that is). I don't have to worry about anything then. Just one payment.

:chef:

wadesgirl said:
It's been a while but I've put through one or two shows that the host payed for everything (catalog shows) and never had a problem.

I do host payments all the time. You can check out the payment tab at the top and it will show you the total of all orders without payment. You just change your host's total to this. I do not have hosts mail me check afterwards because it's too much hassle to get shows closed. After their shows, the guests write checks to the host and they give me one big payment over the phone. 99% of the time this works for me! The 1% would be people who don't use debit/credit cards or don't have a bank account.

This is exactly what I do, in fact I just put in a catalog show with full payment by the host last week. The cc company will put a flag on it (decline it) if it's more than they are allowed to charge or if there are too many separate charges to the same company in the same day. Technically HO doesn't want us to do it this way but when the host insists that is how she wants to pay for it our hands are tied. I see no difference between that and the host mailing us a check especially with the new system of clearing the cards before submitting. I don't know, maybe HO got some kind of charges if the card didn't go through or maybe it's the extra time/personel needed to process those with issues.

Personally I would think that HO would be with us on this one. It's better if they use a debit card then getting us a check and then what if the check bounces? With a debit card, we know it went through and if it doesn't there is no charge to us or the customer.

BethCooks4U said:
This is exactly what I do, in fact I just put in a catalog show with full payment by the host last week. The cc company will put a flag on it (decline it) if it's more than they are allowed to charge or if there are too many separate charges to the same company in the same day. Technically HO doesn't want us to do it this way but when the host insists that is how she wants to pay for it our hands are tied. I see no difference between that and the host mailing us a check especially with the new system of clearing the cards before submitting. I don't know, maybe HO got some kind of charges if the card didn't go through or maybe it's the extra time/personel needed to process those with issues.

Personally I would think that HO would be with us on this one. It's better if they use a debit card then getting us a check and then what if the check bounces? With a debit card, we know it went through and if it doesn't there is no charge to us or the customer.

:thumbup: (Exactly my thoughts--wish we had a "like" button! ;) )

Whatever you do, do NOT call HO to ask about this as they will tell you where it says in the policy that we cannot do this. I do this often (one payment by the host to cover checks that she receives, putting just one charge card transaction through for it).

gailz2 said:
Whatever you do, do NOT call HO to ask about this as they will tell you where it says in the policy that we cannot do this. I do this often (one payment by the host to cover checks that she receives, putting just one charge card transaction through for it).

Do you know where it is? I looked the other day and found where it said the host could cover payment for a "friend in need" or for when she collects outside orders, but I never saw it out and out say that you can't do that for a certain limited amount of orders or for a "whole show". KWIM?

babywings76 said:
Do you know where it is? I looked the other day and found where it said the host could cover payment for a "friend in need" or for when she collects outside orders, but I never saw it out and out say that you can't do that for a certain limited amount of orders or for a "whole show". KWIM?

The lady from HO said either p. 4 or p. 6, I forget. I thanked her for pointing it out, and was still able to go through and submit the show the next day (there had been a hold on her debit card as she was only allowed to put $500/day, then she had the bank change it for this charge--HO put a 24 hour hold on it, which is why I called).

I think the biggest reason that HO doesn't want us to do this, is for returns. They credit to how the order was paid for. So if a customer's order was put on the hosts credit card, and that customer returned an item, they would have to go to the host for a refund. There have been problems with people getting their money back.

1. Can a host pay for multiple orders at once?

Yes, a host can pay for multiple orders at once through our "Host Paying for Multiple Orders" feature. This allows the host to combine orders from multiple guests into one payment, making it easier and more convenient for everyone involved.

2. How does the "Host Paying for Multiple Orders" feature work?

The host can simply log into their account and select the "Host Paying for Multiple Orders" option. They will then be prompted to enter the order numbers or names of the guests whose orders they would like to pay for. Once all the orders have been added, the host can proceed to checkout and make a single payment for all the combined orders.

3. Is there an additional fee for using the "Host Paying for Multiple Orders" feature?

No, there is no additional fee for using this feature. The host will only be charged for the total amount of their combined orders, just like they would if they were paying for each order separately.

4. Can the host use a credit card or debit card to pay for multiple orders?

Yes, the host can use a credit or debit card to pay for multiple orders. They can also use any other accepted payment method, such as PayPal or Apple Pay.

5. Is there a limit to the number of orders a host can pay for at once?

No, there is no limit to the number of orders a host can pay for at once. The host can combine as many orders as they would like, as long as they have the order numbers or names of the guests' orders they would like to pay for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies