• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Re-Open a Closed Show??

In summary, the host's show was closed because she didn't think she could get anymore orders. She just called me 10 minutes ago and told me she has another $150 order....
Kasper2010
I have a host who told me to go ahead and close her show today at noon bcs she didnt think she could get anymore orders. Her show was only $217 and this is not normal for me. So I took my lose and and closed it. She just called me 10 minutes ago and told me she has another $150 order.... Is there anyway I can reopen her show and add this to her cooking show??? Please let me know!!!

If you've already submitted I'm 99.9% sure you can't re-open to add another order, but give the home office a call to be sure.

No - once it's closed and submitted there's nothing you can do. However if she wanted either the October or November host special you could submit the new order as a catalog show and she could get that.

Make that other $150 another show, tell her you had to do it that way and tell her she gets another $15 in Free product. That's really all you can do.

She doesn't get the $15 in free product unless she holds another cooking show. It can be put in as a catalog show and she can get another host special though.

Thank you everybody! I will try to get her to do a catalog show... that way now I only need one more to get my apron! YAY!

lesliec said:
She doesn't get the $15 in free product unless she holds another cooking show. It can be put in as a catalog show and she can get another host special though.

I don't see why not? Her $200 show would've been bumped up to a $300 if it hadn't been closed before those orders. Therefore instead of $25 fpv she would've had $40 (+$15 difference)

I don't see why you couldn't give her that $15 difference by putting it in as another cooking show. To me this doesn't seem dishonest or immoral in any way at all. If hosts can have a catalog show and then have it put in as a cooking show just by saying "Hey Consultant, when we close my show can we make brunch for you, me, and my sister and count it as a cooking show" (Which a LOT of people do) then I see no reason why you can't put the second one is as a cooking show. She cooked once didn't she?

Just FYI, there are some people here who are real sticklers about the rules. Others don't worry about it, especially in circumstances like those mentioned.

I have had a very wise team leader tell me that I'd be shooting myself in the foot and instead to tell them that if they get their show to $200 that you'll give them $15 extra by making it a cooking show. Of course, the only catalog shows that come in under $200are MINE. :)

The $15 is a bonus HO gives to hosts as compensation for providing the recipe ingredients. Since she's not providing a second set of ingredients, she's technically not entitled to a second hospitality bonus.

I do see your perspective, and it is true that if she would have earned the same amount of free product had the show not been closed yet. But technically she didn't have a second cooking show, and to go exactly by the rules, it shouldn't be submitted as a second cooking show.

The beauty is that everone has the right to decide how they want to run their business, and what choices they are comfortable making. There are plenty of consultants who will agree with you that it's not a big deal, and are fine with submitting the show that way. There are also others out there who do not believe it is the right thing to do, and would not submit it as such.

You'll have to decide which camp you belong in. ;)

ShelbyMichalek said:
I don't see why not? Her $200 show would've been bumped up to a $300 if it hadn't been closed before those orders. Therefore instead of $25 fpv she would've had $40 (+$15 difference)

I don't see why you couldn't give her that $15 difference by putting it in as another cooking show. To me this doesn't seem dishonest or immoral in any way at all. If hosts can have a catalog show and then have it put in as a cooking show just by saying "Hey Consultant, when we close my show can we make brunch for you, me, and my sister and count it as a cooking show" (Which a LOT of people do) then I see no reason why you can't put the second one is as a cooking show. She cooked once didn't she?

I agree. In this situation I would go ahead and offer to put it in as a cooking show. I agree with the rules but I agree this is a little different and it works out to be the same amount.

We can justify anything and I feel for the host but if we keep stretching the "rules" HO will just take more and more away. Besides, the host said to close the party - it was HER decision.

She would still get the benefit of getting another 60% off items if you called it what it truly is - a follow up catalog show. Or see if you/she can collect a few more orders and get it to $200. Then she'd get $10 free and 20% off if she wants something else.

If I were in this boat, I'd take an outside order (for which I'd get no host credit until I got enough orders to make it a show) and combine it with this and give the host all the credit.

BethCooks4U said:
We can justify anything and I feel for the host but if we keep stretching the "rules" HO will just take more and more away. Besides, the host said to close the party - it was HER decision.

She would still get the benefit of getting another 60% off items if you called it what it truly is - a follow up catalog show. Or see if you/she can collect a few more orders and get it to $200. Then she'd get $10 free and 20% off if she wants something else.

Thank you. You stated this much nicer than I would have.

Stretch the rules if you want, but I find it a bit ironic that the ones around here who are always bending the rules to fit their needs and promoting that others do so, are the same consultants who are always complaining about not doing well, having enough business, and losing carreer sales or consultant status.

Leslie, again, do what you need to do. I had lady do a party the end of July. She got over $500 in orders at her party and we decided to close the party. Well, she managed to collect another $600!!! So what I did was the day in August that we decided to meet and go over the orders, I told her to invite a couple of the guests that ordered after the original party and we would do a quick recipe. We did a simple dip and snacked and chatted while I figured out the orders. Cooking party part 2 - not only that, because I always rebook my hosts, she got a double host bonus for August! She was thrilled! And no cheating needed!

pampered1224 said:
leslie, again, do what you need to do. I had lady do a party the end of july. She got over $500 in orders at her party and we decided to close the party. Well, she managed to collect another $600!!! So what i did was the day in august that we decided to meet and go over the orders, i told her to invite a couple of the guests that ordered after the original party and we would do a quick recipe. We did a simple dip and snacked and chatted while i figured out the orders. Cooking party part 2 - not only that, because i always rebook my hosts, she got a double host bonus for august! She was thrilled! And no cheating needed!

^^ perfect!

John what a great way to fix the situation!

Not only that, but I have a customer and host for life I am sure!!

1. Can I re-open a closed show?

Yes, you can re-open a closed show within 14 days of its original closing date. After the 14-day period, the show cannot be re-opened.

2. How do I re-open a closed show?

To re-open a closed show, login to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Shows" section. Find the closed show and click on the "Re-Open" button. Follow the prompts to complete the re-opening process.

3. Will my guests still be able to place orders on a re-opened show?

Yes, guests can still place orders on a re-opened show as long as it is within the 14-day re-opening period. After the 14-day period, the show will be closed again and guests will not be able to place orders.

4. Can I make changes to a re-opened show?

Yes, you can make changes to a re-opened show such as adding or removing items, changing the show date, or updating the guest list. However, any changes made will not affect orders that were placed before the show was re-opened.

5. What happens if I re-open a show but no one places an order?

If no one places an order on a re-opened show, it will remain open for the full 14-day period and then close again. You will not be able to re-open the show again after this and it will be marked as permanently closed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
Replies