• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Shows Deadline: Dec. 15th for Christmas Orders

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of having a catty show in November that would close in December before the 15th. The host wants to know how late the show can be closed and still receive orders before Christmas. It is mentioned that the show will not count towards incentives for either November or December, but will not affect the host. The conversation also touches on the ethical concerns of starting a catalog show before the official start date and the submission deadlines for shows held before or after the 15th of the month. The speaker shares their opinion on the matter and mentions that they run their cooking shows in a similar manner.
LarissaRed123
I have a girl wanting to do a catty show starting at the end of Nov. and closing at the beginning of Dec. I can do this, right? I can close a Nov. show in Dec. as long as it's before the 15th?

She also wants to know how late we can close the show and get orders before Christmas.

Yes, you can do this. Just know that it won't count towards either the November OR December Sell-a-thon consultant incentives....but it won't affect the host at all. :) You have to submit it by Dec 15th if it is dated November.And she has to have them in by the 16th to get them by Christmas- so if you are closing before the 15th, then that is not an issue.

Okay, great. That's what I thought. Thanks.

esavvymom said:
Yes, you can do this. Just know that it won't count towards either the November OR December Sell-a-thon consultant incentives....but it won't affect the host at all. :) You have to submit it by Dec 15th if it is dated November.

And she has to have them in by the 16th to get them by Christmas- so if you are closing before the 15th, then that is not an issue.

That's kinda lousy, it should count for 1 month...
That's just my opinion, but I don't make the rules either.

I know that we all try to be very ethical with our businesses, almost to a fault. Here's my opinions on this. A host is having a cooking show on December 1. Dec. 1 is the day we are holding her show. It gets submitted Dec. 15. But before my host has her show, she has catalogs, and starts getting orders. So in November, she's passing around catalogs, for her Dec. show. But since the actual show is held and submitted in Dec. both she and I will have our sales count towards Dec. rewards. A catalog show doesn't have to "start" the minute you give someone a catalog, any more than your cooking show does, does it? Why can't your host be showing her catalogs for a December show in Nov. just the same way that a catalog host is? She'll still be showing it in Dec. too, and getting sales in December. I'd make her start day Dec. 1, and end day whenever you're closing the show, just like I would my cooking host. Just my two cents. You all can run your business the way you see fit, but I don't think this is dishonest in any way, shape, or form, and I would do it without any guilt, because it is exactly the same way I do my cooking shows. My hosts are showing catalogs before the show has officially started either way.

I always tell my hosts up front that if they're doing a show, catalog or cooking, before the 15th of the month, it has to be submitted by the 15th. Anything after the 15th, has to be submitted by the last day of the month. Even if I hold the show on the 15th, it closes on that night. If I hold it the last day of the month, it closes that night as well.

magentablue said:
I know that we all try to be very ethical with our businesses, almost to a fault. Here's my opinions on this.

A host is having a cooking show on December 1. Dec. 1 is the day we are holding her show. It gets submitted Dec. 15. But before my host has her show, she has catalogs, and starts getting orders. So in November, she's passing around catalogs, for her Dec. show. But since the actual show is held and submitted in Dec. both she and I will have our sales count towards Dec. rewards.

A catalog show doesn't have to "start" the minute you give someone a catalog, any more than your cooking show does, does it? Why can't your host be showing her catalogs for a December show in Nov. just the same way that a catalog host is? She'll still be showing it in Dec. too, and getting sales in December. I'd make her start day Dec. 1, and end day whenever you're closing the show, just like I would my cooking host.

Just my two cents. You all can run your business the way you see fit, but I don't think this is dishonest in any way, shape, or form, and I would do it without any guilt, because it is exactly the same way I do my cooking shows. My hosts are showing catalogs before the show has officially started either way.

This has always been how we do catalog shows. When a show is to close at the beginning of a month the host chooses which month she wants to use (which specials). There is nothing unethical about showing the catalog in November for a December catalog in fact HO has recently SAID that a show held on the last days of the month can use the following month's specials.

ETA: Another reason I prefer to date a catalog show started in one month but ending in another with the later month's date is that we then have more wiggle room if the host doesn't get me the orders/payments in a timely manner.

Last edited:
I will do the same thing with a cooking show held at the end of the month. (Usually after the 20th)

When the host chooses the following month specials, I let everyone at the party know that the show will be submitted on the 1st. There have been a few times when the host really wants a "November" party, but only has time at then end of "october."

magentablue said:
I know that we all try to be very ethical with our businesses, almost to a fault. Here's my opinions on this.

A host is having a cooking show on December 1. Dec. 1 is the day we are holding her show. It gets submitted Dec. 15. But before my host has her show, she has catalogs, and starts getting orders. So in November, she's passing around catalogs, for her Dec. show. But since the actual show is held and submitted in Dec. both she and I will have our sales count towards Dec. rewards.

A catalog show doesn't have to "start" the minute you give someone a catalog, any more than your cooking show does, does it? Why can't your host be showing her catalogs for a December show in Nov. just the same way that a catalog host is? She'll still be showing it in Dec. too, and getting sales in December. I'd make her start day Dec. 1, and end day whenever you're closing the show, just like I would my cooking host.

Just my two cents. You all can run your business the way you see fit, but I don't think this is dishonest in any way, shape, or form, and I would do it without any guilt, because it is exactly the same way I do my cooking shows. My hosts are showing catalogs before the show has officially started either way.

I told her that we could do that if she prefers. I actually hope she wants to put it in as a Dec. show instead, but we will see.

Following one of my upline director's advice on catalog shows, I do the following...

Catalog shows are only open for two weeks max. Dated catalog shows from the 1st through the 15th are submitted in that same month. Dated catalog shows from the 16th through the end of the month are automatically given the next months specials and are closed on the 1st of the next month.

1. What is the deadline for closing shows?

The deadline for closing shows varies depending on the type of show and when it was submitted. Generally, it is recommended to close shows within 10 days of the show date to ensure timely delivery of orders.

2. Can I extend the closing deadline for my show?

Yes, you can extend the closing deadline for your show by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. However, extending the deadline may delay the delivery of orders.

3. What happens if I miss the closing deadline for my show?

If you miss the closing deadline for your show, your orders may still be processed, but they may incur additional shipping charges and may not arrive in time for the expected delivery date.

4. How do I know when the closing deadline is for my show?

Your Pampered Chef consultant will inform you of the closing deadline for your show when you submit your order. You can also check the closing deadline on your order confirmation email or by logging into your Pampered Chef account.

5. Can I still place orders after the closing deadline?

In most cases, orders cannot be placed after the closing deadline. However, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant to see if any exceptions can be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefmoseley
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies