• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing Shows Before 8/31: Clarifying Party Dates and Sales Incentives

In summary, if you have a show on August 28th and don't want to close until September 4th, you have until the 15th to do so. However, if you have a show on September 2nd, the show will be closed on September 2nd and the credit card will be checked before submission, so make sure you have it resolved before the 15th. And if you have a show on September 8th, the show will be closed on September 8th and the credit card will be checked before submission, so make sure you have it resolved before the 15th.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Just so I am clear....if a host wants to hold a party on Aug 28 but doesn't want to close until say Sept 4. That's still possible right that we have until the 15th its just that it will count for sales for Sept for consultant and not for hold 2 by 15th incentive? Or with the new cc thingy can we not hold a show over?

I know you have until a certain date to close it, but I don't think it's the 15th, it's usually the like 4th or 5th.... They usually have it on one of the calendars, like the PC wire, etc. It won't count for the following month incentive (sept), but it will count towards that months sales (sept sales, aug show...) always confuses me... but ya.

I just checked on PC wire, its Sept 2nd

Melissa78 said:
Just so I am clear....if a host wants to hold a party on Aug 28 but doesn't want to close until say Sept 4. That's still possible right that we have until the 15th its just that it will count for sales for Sept for consultant and not for hold 2 by 15th incentive? Or with the new cc thingy can we not hold a show over?

Yes. It's all the same. The difference is that the credit cards will be checked before we can submit which means if a card is declined you must have it fixed before the 15th at midnight (or before midnight on the last day of the month to get it in the month of the show). You will still be able to submit an August show until the 15th of September. And it will count as September sales but not for any September incentive.

I'm struggling with this, because if my August 31st party ends up closing on the 15th and one credit card is denied, my entire show is affected. If I can't get a hold of the guest (and sometimes it will take me 1-2 days to get a hold of a customer), the entire show (and all the specials) will be pushed into a September party UNLESS I cover it (or i get the host to cover).

Malinda,if you have a show August 31st give your host a firm closing date a few days later and then you shouldn't have any problems. I think it's rare for a show to take two weeks to close.

I feel your pain Malinda_Klein. Sometimes catalog shows do take a couple weeks. I'm going to have to start having the deadline be the 10th of the next month.

I explain to my hosts that anyone who hasn't ordered within 2-3 days of a show, probably won't. And it's really not fair for the ones who put in an order in a timely manner to wait an extra 2 weeks to get their stuff. So I push all my hosts into closing 2-3 days after a Cooking Show. Works GREAT! :DAnd for the original poster, yes ... you no longer will want to wait until 11 or 11:30 PM on the 14th to submit a show from the previous month. Make the 10th or 12th your personal deadline, which will give you a couple of days to resolve any declined credit cards without affecting the specials chosen by the host & other guests. ;)

Malinda Klein said:
I'm struggling with this, because if my August 31st party ends up closing on the 15th and one credit card is denied, my entire show is affected. If I can't get a hold of the guest (and sometimes it will take me 1-2 days to get a hold of a customer), the entire show (and all the specials) will be pushed into a September party UNLESS I cover it (or i get the host to cover).

On the bright side, if the show didn't close by the 15th in the past, the show was put on hold and the guest and past host/host specials removed and the host benefits adjusted if they were affected. No one got any monthly specials (they couldn't switch them to the next month's). Now if the show doesn't go through you'd be able to give the guests the new month's specials and the past host & host could choose from the new month's host specials. Also, the host would have a chance to replace that order that caused the problem - keeping her benefits and maybe even adding to her show.

Don't let this happen though - especially in September (with all those price changes!). I have had one show (catalog) in 8 years that went that long (15th) and it never did close. I tell my hosts we need to close within a day or two so everyone can get their things. Rarely does a show stay open even a week.

Melinda, I know you were saying "what if". Hope this helps.

I was on a training call the other day and my NED was urging us to use the last week (or few days) of the month as the first week of our month - I also heard this from Jean Jonas and Doreen Grass on a director call a week or so ago. Last of September and first 3 weeks of October are October. Before Pampered Partner that is how many did it and they're saying go back to that model. I plan to offer both options to the host with the firm "we must close the night of your show if we use the current month's specials". If they use the following months specials I'll put the show on my website as a catalog show so there isn't a time on it, just the closing date. That means those hosts couldn't use the e-vites from the website though. - unless tech support changes things there.

Melissa78 said:

Ok...you got quite a few responses, but it seems some of them are mixing up what your original question is.

You have until the 15th of September to CLOSE the show, yes. ANd yes- it won't count towards September "Hold & Submit" incentive.

Now, if you submitted the show by the 31st, and there is a problem with a CC, you usually are given a couple of days to get the problem resolved (ie. Sept 2nd in this case) and still have it count for your next commission paycheck (Sept 8th). I think that is what some folks were talking about with the 'couple of days' thing. THat's for a show already submitted but has a problem (hold, credit card issue, etc).

As far as her closing the show, yes- you officially have until the 15th of the next month. BUT, like Sheila said...holding it open TOO long, usually doesn't result in much. Although, I've had a few hosts really bust a** to get those outside orders for the next level bump. But I don't usually let it go more than 5-7 days past.

So if she wants to close Sept 4th, the main issue would be for you in that you won't get commission on it until the 22nd paycheck, vs the 8th. As far as benefits to the host- it's no difference. August show will be honored with August prices/products, etc.

1. What is the significance of the date 8/31 when it comes to closing shows?

The date 8/31 marks the end of a Pampered Chef season, which means it is the last day to close shows and earn points towards incentives and rewards.

2. Can I still close shows after 8/31?

Yes, you can still close shows after 8/31, but they will not count towards the current season's incentives and rewards. They will count towards the next season's incentives and rewards.

3. How do I close shows after 8/31?

To close shows after 8/31, you can either submit a paper show order or enter the orders online through the "My Orders" tab on your consultant website.

4. Can I still earn host rewards for shows closed after 8/31?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for shows closed after 8/31. However, the rewards will be based on the current season's host program.

5. Is there a deadline for closing shows after 8/31?

Yes, there is a deadline of 11:59pm CST on the last day of the current month to close shows for the previous month. For example, if you want to close a show for September, you must do so by 11:59pm CST on October 31st.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• topchef.heather
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • topchef.heather