• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soFrustrated With Catalog Show Host....

In summary, this hostess has been very frustrating to work with. She has missed multiple deadlines, and has not followed through with what she said she would.
mrssyvo
I usually have 4-5 catalog shows per month to pad my sales, but I do not count on them, however, this one hostess has me so frustrated. She booked an October show from a Sept hostess. She had just met the hostess, so it was not a close friend, just a neighobor. Anyway, I give the packet to her right away, which was the last week in September, and we plan to close ths show on the 15th of Oct- the 15th comes and goes, she will try to close by the end of the month, after speaking to her several times, excuse after excuse, she says it will be the first week of November- she says she has several orders ( I would have just let it go, if there had not been customers waiting for thier products) So I speak to her again on the 7th, she says she will bring the orders by. I remind her that it has to be closed by the 15th, since it is an October show, Surprise, she does not bring them by. I call her, and offer to pick them up, she says, no I will bring them over the weekend (last weekend) surprise again, no orders- well, she ended up mailing them, and I receive them yesterday (the 15th-last day) but, of the 5 orders, 3 of them did not pay shipping, it was crossed off the form, each order was in the name of the hostess, not the customer. and 1 order was paid with credit card, and where it says name on card, guess what was written in.....
American Express... AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I got the mail as I was heading out for an afternoon show, I try to call her on the way, leaving messages, that I need to speak to her because the show needs to be closed by midnight. I tried calling her again after the show, still no answer and no return call. I would not let it bother me except the past hostess wanted SA as her past host discount. Well, I guess I can turn it in as a November show. It really does not amount to much sales wise, it is just frustrating that some hostesses do not pay attention when you coach, and do not respond or follow through with what they say they are going to do. I am so thankful that this is not the norm. I have been blessed to have most of my hostesses have turned into dear friends.

I have one of those too! Drives me crazy. (makes me wonder how people like that make it through their daily life...)

I think everyone has one of those kind of hosts.

I love it! I have to admit that I am totally rolling that it said American Express. At the same time, if you caught any of my hostess dilemma in the past few weeks, you know I feel your pain.

I have a catty show host who is drving me nuts! She booked off a cooking show and agreed to close her party on the 14th. I called at least once a week to see how she is doing and always got voice mail. I emailed her and no response. The fourteenth has now come and gone and still can not get in touch with her. I would normally think she just blew off the show but she has several online orders to attach. I have tried her home number, work number, emails. I just can not get in touch with this woman. Now the previous host has placed her order for her stone and I told her I haven't been able to get in touch with the host (thinking it would put a bug in her ear also) but still nothing. Hopefully she will close before end of month! I am going to try again tomorrow and leave something like.........would you like me to just close this and pick something out for you? LOL It's not a big party by any means, at least not the online orders. Only over $200 but being SAT every bit helps :)

Hostesses like that drive me nuts! Why, oh why don't they 'get it'? BTW, why is it odd to say 'american express'? I don't understand..

kcjodih said:
Hostesses like that drive me nuts! Why, oh why don't they 'get it'? BTW, why is it odd to say 'american express'? I don't understand..

Because she filled in "American Express" in response to the "Name on Card" instruction. Instead of putting her own name, she said American Express.

That made me laugh when i read that!!!:D

I feel for you. The only thing that you can do is to call the guests & let them know that the monthly special changed since it took so long to get the orders from the host. Maybe they will be excited to get stoneware & order more! ;)

Sheila, I can not call the guests- she put each order in her name- no names of the guests, or phone numbers, there in lines the problem. I just have to wait until she decides to return my call.

:blushing: Oops, sorry ... you did say that in the original post!!

They are probably all her orders except the past host. Call the past host and let her know that she will have to change her order and then once you have her new order you can leave that message for the hostess as a way to light a fire under her. Say something like "Your past hostess was upset to not be able to get the special from October but is really excited about the November special and can't wait to get her order before Thanksgiving. Now it's all up to you..............." Maybe that will get her going. Most people don't want to disappoint their friend. And if it's turned in today it just might be here in time for Thanksgiving.

1. How can I change the date of my catalog show?

To change the date of your catalog show, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will assist you in rescheduling for a more convenient date.

2. Can I add more guests to my catalog show after I have already submitted my order?

Yes, you can add more guests to your catalog show after submitting your order. Just let your Pampered Chef consultant know and they can make the necessary adjustments.

3. What do I do if my catalog show host rewards are missing from my order?

If your catalog show host rewards are missing from your order, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant so they can assist you in resolving the issue.

4. How do I track my catalog show orders and rewards?

You can track your catalog show orders and rewards by logging into your Pampered Chef account and clicking on "My Orders" or by contacting your consultant for updates.

5. Can I cancel my catalog show?

Yes, you can cancel your catalog show. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant as soon as possible to inform them of the cancellation. Keep in mind that any orders already placed may still be processed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • SherryLynn