• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting a Host to Close Her Show

In Summary, the hostess has had catalogs and order forms since Mid-May, but is now asking for the show to be closed by July 15th. She has been nasty to the customer in an email, asking why they need the show closed by that date.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So I am wondering...at what point am I to take offense to a hostess that is now getting nasty with me about closing her show? She has had the catalogs and order forms since Mid-May and was to close her show on June 15th. Then she said she couldn't close her show until June 30th now I am trying to have this closed by July 15th and she is asking me why I need it closed by that date. I am REALLY getting mad. :mad: I can be a great person to deal with, but no matter how I try to say things nicely in the email that I am sending back to her, I can't. Everything is mean.
I want to say to her "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?". She used to sell for another direct selling company, I am sure she never allowed shows to be open for over 2 months!!
Please help me find the right words to use to respond to her chronic excuses and get this "show" closed.
Thank you,

Don't use email - it can easily offend. Ask yourself why you don't want to close it and then answer honestly. If it's for you and something you need, then she can sense that. If it's for the guests who have ordered and you want to make sure that they get their items in a timely manner, then tell her that.

Perhaps you could suggest that she do two shows to get two hosts specials. You would get the first set of orders processed and she would still get more stuff. You could also offer to put her as a co-host on a show so she would get benefits without having to work up to the same level.

Good luck being polite - it can be hard...BEE

Opinions -
1. She has no orders.
or
2. She has orders, collected the $$ and spent it.

IMHO

It is because of the people that have ordered. I really don't think it is too much of me to ask her to get this show closed. I also don't think it should matter why I want to close it. This show has been open for over 2 months now...do other people allow their shows to stay open that long? I never have.

I know that it is not the hostess but the consulant that will always take the blame for people not getting their orders. I have a good reputation for getting shows closed quickly and customers getting their orders very shortly after. I don't want one host to jeopardize that.

I agree with Lamar that she either has no orders or spent the money.

Catalog host or live show?If it was a live show, you should have the contact info and payment from the guests. Call the host and tell her that you're submitting it tomorrow and if you don't hear back from her, she'll forfeit her host benefits.If it was a catalog show, I agree with the above that she either didn't get any orders or doesn't have payment for some reason. Was it a May show? That's actually good, because you can tell her that the guest specials are not guaranteed to be available (anymore) and you need to get the orders in so that her guests receive everything they ordered.

And you're right - two months is ridiculous. I had a TW party several years ago that was held up for over 3 months, but it was the consultant's fault. I had friends and family asking me as soon as 3 weeks after the show where their stuff was. It boggles my mind that people wouldn't be bugging the host for their items.

Ann,
This is a catalog show so unfortunately I can't call the customers to save face. Nor can I just go ahead and submit orders.

I wish it would have been May!! But no, she changed it to June when she decided she couldn't close on the 15th of June.

I did know she would be a PITA hostess. The last show she hosted was a live show and when we closed it took her forever to pick out what she wanted. I was peeved then.

Oh my goodness! It sounds exactly like a host I am dealing with right now. She was doing a APRIL catalog show. I know she had orders--one was from the past host that she booked from (which was her mom)! First she said she wanted to wait to close until mid May. Then it was the end of May. Now I can't even get ahold of her! I've called and left phone messages & emails. So I've pretty much given up!! :(

So Good Luck with your host!! Let us know how it turns out!!:)

WOW Annie!!! Thank you for sharing b/c now you have made me thankful for my 2 mth situation and not 3!!

Is the host near you? Could you pick up the guest orders from her, letting her know that you'll enter them so that you have a good idea of her benefit level? Or do you have those already and now you're just waiting on the host's order? (So many different scenarios. :) )I'll admit that this may be childish, but I'd be tempted to let her delay. Then when she DOES call you to close, tell her that the specials she wants are no longer available because it's been too long. It's situations like these that do make me wish HO had an "end of the following month" submission deadline so that we could use it as a tool to close shows in just these instances.

Oh my goodness Chris, that is terrible, why are people like that?

I agree with Ann and her suggestions, although when pushed I can be a bit b*itchy, so let me ponder this :)

merego said:
I agree with Ann and her suggestions, although when pushed I can be a bit b*itchy, so let me ponder this :)

<giggle> Yeah- I offer suggestions like that, but if push came to shove I'd be too much of a wimp to follow through.

It really makes me wonder what the h-e-double hockey sticks people are thinking. Wouldn't it be satisfying to do it back to this host, by holding a catalog show for her product line and keeping it open for months? (Sorry, there's that inner witch coming out again.)

chefann said:
<giggle> Yeah- I offer suggestions like that, but if push came to shove I'd be too much of a wimp to follow through.

It really makes me wonder what the h-e-double hockey sticks people are thinking. Wouldn't it be satisfying to do it back to this host, by holding a catalog show for her product line and keeping it open for months? (Sorry, there's that inner witch coming out again.)

DH and teenage DS have seen my inner B*tch come out and it is not pretty. People think b/c I am 5 foot nothing and weigh nothing that I am a little wimp, but push me too far and holy moly.
It doesn't happen often, but when it does LOOK OUT!!!
What she is doing is just plain rude and I can not tolerate rudeness.
I am still thinking a way on how she can handle this is a nice way, not Meredith B*tch way :)

Can you go to her house and ask for the orders? Tell her you appreciate her hosting a party but you would like to get the orders in so her guests can get their orders. Explain that you need to get all your orders in because ........ That is what I am trying to come up with. She probably doesn't care that you want your paycheck, although you could nicely explain that this business pays your bills and you would like to get your parties closed out so you can have your finances in order for next month??? I am just throwing out ideas. I think people that are nasty and rude will get what is coming to them.. KARMA BABY!!!!

I had a similiar situation a few months ago. I decided I would leave one final voice mail (after numerous) letter her know that if I did not hear from her by such and such date and time, that I was going to consider that she did not have any orders for her catalog show. I also sent an email saying the same.

I ended up just letting go, because it was taking up to much of my time. BTW she never did call or email me back.

K, so I have offered to swing by (30 min away) and pick up the orders and then she can call me with her order and debit/credit card number. She won't do it.
I have mentioned that if she holds out any longer she won't get the June specials. she asked what July's specials were.

I have mentioned people wondering about their product. She said she told them she was going to wait a month to close the show.

I can't win w/ her to try. I think I am going to let her know that when she is ready to close her show to mail me everything and that I won't bug her to close anymore. then just forget about it. I hate to do that I really do, but what else can I do?
This girl has an excuse for everyday of the friggin week!!

And Meredith, I hear ya!! My friends think it is hilarious that I have a somewhat successful business and have been SHOCKED to find out I was a cheerleader in high school (made me show pics for proof) b/c they know how mean I can be. I have a coffee cup on my desk at work that reads- "I Don't Do Perky" my BF is not talking to me today b/c I vented my frustration about this hostess on him and he said he can't deal w/ me when I get like this. He is in Kuwait. Not quite the time to be mean at him. (saying at b/c I am trying to NOT take things out on other people)

I want to tell this hostess that hey, I am so sorry that you can't get an order from one of your friends b/c her dog ran away last week (no kidding, actual excuse) but I am getting seriously sick of you. I hate that I am feeling this way b/c normally anything PC makes me a Perky person. I can have the worlds worst day and then go to a show and be the happiest person alive....maybe I should have been an actress!!

So frustrated. I think I will just let her know when she is ready to close, she can call me and while her specials may not be available and some products may be discontinued I will let her know what she can get and she can mail everything to me. and leave it at that.
Thanks for the help guys!!!

Chris, it is funny, but not funny at the same time. I was a cheerleader too :)
I hate to say this, but wouldn't it be funny if the stuff she wanted was no longer available bv/c she waited to long.
Obviously something is going on if she doesn't even want you to
pick up her stuff, she did probably send the money. You have done all you can do and it is up to her now.

You go ahead and vent to us, Chris. We've all been there at one time or another. It sounds like you've handled it very professionally with the host and it's her problem, not yours.

pampered.chris said:
And Meredith, I hear ya!! My friends think it is hilarious that I have a somewhat successful business and have been SHOCKED to find out I was a cheerleader in high school (made me show pics for proof) b/c they know how mean I can be. I have a coffee cup on my desk at work that reads- "I Don't Do Perky" my BF is not talking to me today b/c I vented my frustration about this hostess on him and he said he can't deal w/ me when I get like this. He is in Kuwait. Not quite the time to be mean at him. (saying at b/c I am trying to NOT take things out on other people)

The cheerleaders when I wa sin high school were the meanest in school, haha!

My husband laughs at me b/c I can go off at times myself. I wasn't a cheerleard though!

If I say nothing else, I am laughing my butt off right now!! I so appreciate the support in this irritating/frustrating matter!!
Meredith, I am so secretly hoping that nothing is available when she decides to close...well not a secret anymore!! LOL
Jennifer, Maybe that is what is my and Meredith's problem...b/c we were cheerleaders!!
Go B*TCHES!!! LOL
Ann, thanks for letting me vent!! I have decided that I will respond to her SWEET AS PIE and then when her show crumbles, oh well right?!
You guys rock!!

Kill her with kindness, that is what my mom always tells me :)

Jen, I hate to say this, but I was horrible in high school and I have gone back and apologized to people because I was such a snotty b*tch. I tell teenage DS all the time, don't you dare ever trat people mean or make fun of anymore. He is really good about being nice to everyone, he is like Ferris Bueller, everyone likes him and he gets along with everyone, so I am happy about that. If I ever hear him say something mean, I correct him right away b/c I wont tolerate it. I was very hurtful in high school and I still feel bad about it because it was wrong. I do have some B*TCH in me when needed :)

Re: Chris, OTI noticed your tagline- Is it boyfriend's return or boyfriends return (how many boyfriends you got over there?) LOL

Re: Chris, OT
mrssyvo said:
I noticed your tagline- Is it boyfriend's return or boyfriends return (how many boyfriends you got over there?) LOL

Well, I was trying to keep it a secret!! LOL ...I will go in and change that!!

I don't know if this helps but I closed a catalog show June 30th that started last Feb!!!! It was only $150 in sales so she didn't get any free! I turned it in for the Sell A Thon and made my goal so it all worked out. BTW she used to be a PC consultant too! Just hang in there.

pampered.chris said:
Go B*TCHES!!! LOL

You say that like it is a bad thing. LOL.

Yes please vent away. We all need that.

I had a show like that. It was supposed to be a cooking show. Changed it to a catalog. That was March 1st. It took until May 2nd to close the show out. The host and guests lost out of the past guest specials and everyone had to be contacted to let them know. Some hosts are just like that I guess. It's not worth the frustration.

I also had a host do this to me one time with a catalog show. "She" offered to do it without me even asking but it was because she said she couldn't have an actual show. She complained about her house not being in good shape, etc. I took her the catalogs and orders and kept in touch with her weekly to see how it was goings. Sometimes she answered, sometimes she didn't. I would leave a message if she didn't answer but she wouldn't call back. I started telling her, after a month, that we need to close out the show and she even said she had some orders and a had a few other people who wanted to order. OK, THAT'S FINE..........go get the orders and let's finish it!
I waited another two weeks and called again. No answer so I left a message. I few days later I tried once more. She answered and when she realized who I was (she doesn't have Caller ID) she quickly said "I have someone here right now can I call you back?" I told her that was fine. Haven't heard a word from her since and that's been close to a year ago.

Our daughters went to the same elementary school but last year they went to middle schools but not the same one. Her daughter is getting rezoned to my daughters school this coming year so I wonder if she'll speak when I see her. I'll speak to her like nothing ever happened. I refuse to beg anyone to do a show for me so she need not worry about me mentioning PC. But if she brings it up, I'll let her know that I didn't appreciate the way she did.

I have another friend who "offered" to do a couples show. I sent her two emails and told her how it would work and how we could do things. She never responded. She also doesn't return calls when it's about PC. I get all kinds of forwarded emails from her so last night I responded to one and told her that it was ok to talk to me because I won't mention PC again. It was her idea but when I bring it up she disappears. She wrote back and said she was sorry and wasn't trying to avoid me. OK, whatever!!!!

Get out the Barbie and some pens - time for another VooDoo Doll!! You only get this if you read the other posts:)!

I had a cooking show host do this to me for 4 months - then she emailed me she just wanted to cancel her show! It was a cooking show, but w/only 2 orders. She had not collected for the others. She gave them to me over the phone though. I just hope she didn't collect and then tell them I ran off w/their money! So far nothing from HO! It is a fear of mine though! I had payment from 2 people, but some of the products were retired by the time she decided not to complete her show so I just sent them their money back and kept a copy of the cashed check in my folder. I tried to call each of the customers twice, but couldn't reach them. It was not worth any more of my time!

This hostess wants the show so she can get the 12" skillet, she should have got it when she had her first show in Feb at 60% off. I think she is trying to get her show to 300 to get a 1/2 price item. I told her to let me know when she was ready but it was really important that she let me know as soon as possible b/c there are orders she has that are waiting.

This Happened To Me On My First Catalog Show. Is It A Disease With Catalogs Shows? Someone Call A Medic! LOL:p

pamperedpals said:
I had a similiar situation a few months ago. I decided I would leave one final voice mail (after numerous) letter her know that if I did not hear from her by such and such date and time, that I was going to consider that she did not have any orders for her catalog show. I also sent an email saying the same.

I ended up just letting go, because it was taking up to much of my time. BTW she never did call or email me back.

Bingo...that happened to me with a catalog show, after the Hostess asked for several extra catalogs to pass out.

Frustrating, but I hope another consultant at least rec'd the orders.:grumpy:

Yeah, what is the deal about asking for more catalogs and then they still do nothing! I would prefer to cut my losses!!!!

1. Why is it important to close a host's show by a certain date?

Closing a show by a certain date allows us to process orders in a timely manner and ensures that the host and guests receive their products as soon as possible. It also helps with inventory management and allows us to plan for future shows.

2. What should I do if a host is consistently delaying the closing of their show?

If a host is continually delaying the closing of their show, it is important to communicate with them and politely remind them of the agreed upon closing date. If necessary, you can also offer to extend the deadline by a reasonable amount of time to accommodate their schedule.

3. How should I respond to a host who is getting upset about closing their show?

It is important to remain calm and professional in all interactions with our hosts. You can politely remind them of the agreed upon closing date and explain the importance of closing the show by that date. If necessary, you can also offer to work with them to find a new closing date that works for both parties.

4. What can I do if a host is consistently making excuses for not closing their show?

If a host is continually making excuses for not closing their show, it is important to communicate with them and try to understand the reason behind their delays. You can also offer to help them in any way possible to ensure the show is closed in a timely manner.

5. Is it normal for a host to keep their show open for over 2 months?

While every host's situation is different, it is generally recommended to close a show within a month to six weeks to ensure timely processing and delivery of orders. If a host is consistently keeping their show open for over 2 months, it is important to communicate and try to find a solution that works for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • Bren706