• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get My Host to Close Her Show and Collect Payment?

In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of not being able to get a host to close their show and the impact it has on orders and commissions. The speakers share their experiences and suggestions for avoiding this issue in the future, such as setting a specific closing date and leaving a strong message for the host. They also discuss the importance of considering the guests and their waiting time when dealing with open shows.
TheFreddiesCook
I need the right words to get this host to close her show!! The show was last Friday, and I am still not able to get a hold of her to collect her payment, and the payment of a friend's outside order. I e-mail, I leave phone messages, and no answer... So here I am with an open show from 8 days ago and can't send it in... :mad:

Also, how can I avoid this next time?
Thanks!

I had one like that. So I left her a message that said if I didn't hear from her by such and such date and time, that I would have to call her guests to see if they would like to cancel their orders or have me place them under another host's show.

She didn't call me back. She's never called me back.

I called her guests, apologized for them not receiving their products yet (it had been 3 weeks) and simply explained that I'd been unable to reach the host to close the show. I then told them I would be happy to submit their order with another show and they'd have their order within so many days,or they could cancel their order.

Some placed their order under my other show, 1 (whose check bounced) never returned my call so I cancelled that order. 1 person, a relative, wanted to wait for the host swearing she just knew she'd call me soon. When this relative called me several weeks later saying "since I haven't received my products I think it's best you send me a refund", I was able to call her, remind her we had spoken, and then she decided to place her order with another host as well.

I don't know how to avoid it in the future, but leaving a strong message that might encourage her to pick up the phone is a good place to start once you're in that situation.

I just tell the host (by leaving a message) that I will be submitting her show by such a date, and that I will pick some host favorites for her free items. Any unpaid products will not be ordered.

Also if you live relatively close to her, order the products to your place instead to her. Just in case anything goes wrong.

Determine, prior to the show, if the show will be closed that night or the specific date it will be closed and submitted. That way you can let all the guests know at the show the day the order will be submitted and aprox. when they can expect the order to arrive to the host.

The commissions being lost on shows that are not closed is a huge factor but, in my opinion, it is a much bigger issue if the guests think the delay and non-responsivness is on us, which could have a much bigger impact 3 months down the road.

I always set a closing date during host coaching.And honestly, 8 days later is not that long, at least for me. I generally like to close my weekend shows by Weds of the following week, but some have kept their shows open almost two weeks later.You might leave a message that you don't want to keep her guests waiting--that usually gets my hosts to call me back because they don't think about their guests and the fact that they are waiting for their products.

1. How do I handle a host who is constantly changing the guest list?

First, communicate with the host and let them know that changes to the guest list can affect the amount of food and supplies needed for the party. Ask them to finalize the guest list at least a week before the party. If they continue to make changes, try to be flexible and have extra supplies on hand or suggest a potluck style party.

2. What should I do if the host is not responding to my messages or calls?

If the host is not responding, try reaching out through other communication channels such as social media or email. If they still do not respond, contact your supervisor for guidance on how to handle the situation. In the meantime, continue to prepare for the party as planned.

3. How do I handle a host who wants to cancel the party at the last minute?

If the host wants to cancel the party at the last minute, try to reschedule for a different date. If that is not possible, offer to have a virtual party or have the host pass along the orders to you so you can still earn your commission. If all else fails, politely explain the cancellation policy and any fees that may apply.

4. What if the host is not satisfied with the products or the party?

If the host is not satisfied with the products or the party, address their concerns and try to find a solution that works for both parties. Offer to exchange any defective products or provide a refund if necessary. If the host is unhappy with the party, ask for feedback and use it to improve future parties.

5. How do I handle a host who is pressuring me to buy products or book another party?

It is important to maintain a professional relationship with the host and not feel pressured to buy products or book another party. Politely decline and explain that you are there to host a party for their guests, not to make personal purchases. If the host continues to pressure you, politely remind them of the boundaries and redirect the conversation back to the party and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies