• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help- Can't Get a Hold of Host to Close Show

In summary, the host of a party started out great, but has not contacted me or responded to my calls since Friday. I called her mother's house and she said her daughter was coming over today. The host called me and said she had lost her cell phone charger and could not use her phone, so she couldn't answer my calls. I told her I would close the show without her if she didn't answer my calls by a certain date. She called me back and said she had lost her cell phone charger and her mother was going to bring her another charger. I told her I would close the show without her if she didn't have the order in by a certain date. She said she would have it in by tomorrow.
Michelle817
Silver Member
This party started out great- it was last Sunday, and the total was $486 when I left (my highest yet!). The host told me that she had 4 outside orders to pick up, and she would mail them to me Thursday, so we could close the show Friday. I didn't get anything from her Friday or today, and I've called her 4 days in a row (left messages 3 of those days), and can't get a hold of her. WHY do people do this? I called her mom's house (where the party was held) and told her that I need to talk to her. She said that her daughter (the host) was coming over today and she'd have her call me.

If you were me, what would you do at this point? Heck, I feel like closing the show without her- I have everything I need but her order. Of course she'd be furious for losing her FPV, but what am I supposed to do? I don't think I would actually do that, but at this point, that's what I feel like doing. Thanks for any suggestions you guys have to offer.

Update- she called; she had lost her cell phone charger so she couldn't use her phone for a few days. That's one of the reasons why I think it's silly to not have a home phone!! Regardless, I'm just happy I can close the show.

Last edited:
I'd give her a deadline on the answering machine, and also let her know you would hate to see her lose all her FPV that she worked so hard for, but that you need to submit the show by then, for the guests to receive their items in a timely manner. If she hasnt called by then, I wouldn't wait. Especially if her mother is already relaying the messege on top of you leaving messeges with her. That is really a wied situation!

I've had trouble getting in touch with a host BEFORE the show, but not after ... I'd leave a note on her door. It could be that she's dealing with a family crisis. It could also be that the mail is slow.I'd give her a bit more time, since it's not the end of the month ... if you close it before those outside orders are in, you could miss a level of Sell-A-Thon. By the same token, I would stress that the guests who did order deserve to receive their items on time.

I agree to give her a deadline on when to close the show. I have had this happen before so for one month I followed the advice from an old thread on here back from I believe December of 2007 where I closed all my shows the night of the party! It actually gave people a sense of urgency and they ordered a bit more! :)

Take into account something might be going on first off - secondly, leave really positive messages. " HI Mary, its Michelle with the PC - I am just checking in on the status of your outside orders, I know we want to add to your FPV!!! We also want your guests to get all those great items they ordered ASAP - if you are having trouble picking your items, That is what I am here for - give me a call back at your earliest convience and lets close you out! I will call back on XXX if I don't hear from you before - Have a great day!"

If you have to call back - remind her that it is your xx all and you really need to get the order in to make sure her friends and family get their items.

I don't get "nasty" (well you know what I mean..) until the 5th call - sometimes there are things that happen...

I also make sure that when I leave the host that night of the show that I set up an appointment day and time to close - AND KEEP IT!! If I can't keep it - I call well before and try to reschedule.. If it was only Sunday - its still early to get upset. Just my 2 cents.

If you do submit the show, pick some items for her, that way she can always exchange them for something else rather than having to loose all her FPV. How long ago was the show? If it wasn't that long ago, then I wouldn't put ALOT of urgency on it. I had one over two weeks ago that will be getting a call from me tomorrow. She hasn't even qualified though so I will just tell her that if I don't hear from her by X day I will put those orders in on another show I have going on (my sister's) and get the products to her when they come in.

The show was last Sunday. We had agreed to close it Friday. She said she would call me Thursday night to let me know she mailed the outside orders. Those times have both come & gone. I guess if I don't hear from her by tonight, I'll leave her a message with a closing date & time. I'm just baffled that she hasn't called me back. One week is plenty of time, I just want to get this in. I don't think it's fair to make the guests wait.

Last edited:
I understand your concern for the guests, just don't get too pushy too soon - it might turn her and anyone she knows off as far as re-bookings and future sales. This time of the year is crazy busy with school activities coming to a close and sports etc. She also might be waiting for some of those outside orders to come in. Last Sunday was June 1st - today is the 7th - orders ship very fast with PC - don't stress about it too soon.

could be she's out of town for the weekend too

PamperedDor said:
I understand your concern for the guests, just don't get too pushy too soon - it might turn her and anyone she knows off as far as re-bookings and future sales. This time of the year is crazy busy with school activities coming to a close and sports etc. She also might be waiting for some of those outside orders to come in. Last Sunday was June 1st - today is the 7th - orders ship very fast with PC - don't stress about it too soon.
That was my thought, it wasn't like it was that long ago and if you have called her the last 4 days, she might be a little freaked out. Give her a couple more days and call her again. I would not be giving a deadline if the show was only last week.

I would wait until this Thursday. Then I would call and say "Hi Suzy Hostess. It's Kristy with The Pampered Chef! I am so excited to hear what products you've picked out to receive for free. I do need to get your show closed soon, so if I haven't heard from you by June 15th I will pick out some items for you and close your show. I know how important it is to you that your guests get their orders ASAP!! Have a great day and feel free to call me at your earliest convenience."

Good Luck!!

I'd give her a little more time too. With graduations and weddings, it is quite possible she's got a lot on her mind ... Even though this is your biggest show yet, it could be even BIGGER with the outside orders you have.See the show over there? <-----------If I had been in a hurry to close it out, it never would have gotten to that level ... it was at about $700 the day of the show and more than $500 came in outside orders! There could be outstanding bookings too, which your host won't get the benefit for if you're in a rush to close it out.That said, I do understand your concern ... those of us near home office are blessed to have shows ship to us within a few days of submission ... I realize it's not quite that easy on the west coast.

PamperedDor said:
Exactly. I was wondering why the urgency. One or two days, especially on the weekend, doesn't make a whole lot of difference in shipping times. We don't need to jump to choosing her free products for her. Just relax!

1. Why is it important to close a show with the host?

Closing a show with the host is important because it allows for a final opportunity to thank them and their guests for their support and to offer any last-minute incentives or promotions. It also ensures that the host receives proper credit and rewards for their efforts in hosting the show.

2. What should I do if I can't get a hold of the host?

If you are having trouble getting in touch with the host, try reaching out through multiple communication channels such as phone, email, or social media. You can also ask the host's friends or family members if they have any contact information for them. If all else fails, reach out to your upline or customer service for assistance.

3. How long should I wait before trying to close a show without the host?

It is recommended to wait at least 3-5 days before attempting to close a show without the host. This allows for any potential delays or scheduling conflicts on the host's end. If you still cannot reach the host after this time, it is appropriate to move forward with closing the show without them.

4. Can I still earn rewards for a show if I can't get a hold of the host?

Yes, you can still earn rewards for a show even if you are unable to reach the host. As long as the orders from the show are submitted and processed, you will receive credit for the sales and be eligible for any rewards or incentives.

5. What should I do if the host has changed their mind about closing the show?

If the host has changed their mind about closing the show, it is important to respect their decision. You can offer to reschedule the show for a later date or ask if they would be interested in hosting a virtual show instead. If they still do not wish to close the show, you can reach out to potential customers who placed orders and offer to transfer their orders to a different show or process them as individual orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies