• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Getting a Hold of a Host to Close Show.

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who had a show on January 31st, but the hostess was not ready to close the show for it to qualify for a January show. Now, almost a month later, the hostess will not return the consultant's phone calls and there are issues with payments and orders. The consultant is seeking advice on how to deal with the situation and whether to submit the show without the hostess' order. Suggestions include calling the guests who have already paid, submitting the orders as individual orders, and giving the hostess one last chance to respond before taking action.
julia.poe
So, I had a show January 31st. The hostess was not ready to close her show for it to qualify for a January show.

Fast forward, now it has been almost a month and the hostess will not return my phone calls. I did the show with my TS friend and the CC number she gave her was a bad number.

I did get the checks for some of the people but she convenientally forgot to add the cash which is almost a $100.

I feel bad for the guests because I have not been able to place their orders and I do not want them to think it is me holding up the order.

Anyone have experience with this? I would submit the show without her order but I would be out a $100. I do not feel right excluding the people who already paid but I cannot afford to give out $100.00.

Also, she called me combining orders so I am not for sure who gets what. It has also been a month so even if I did know then, I would definitely not know now.

HELP!

I would call the guests that paid already, explain the situation to them and see if they want you to submit their orders as individual orders.

Is there enough with the credit card and check orders to submit it as a show? If so, I would do that, either under your name, or as a Myster Host with those who purchased. For the people who paid cash, contact them and let them know that you did not receive their money, and give them the option of still placing the order by paying with a credit card, or cancelling the order. Tell them you tried to contact the host so you could receive the cash, but she has not responded.

I would give her one last phone call, even if it's leaving a message, stating the above action will be taken, and what date you'll submit the show without her order (tomorrow would be best), being sure she understands that her friends know she 'kept' the cash, and see if that gets a response from her.

I agree, call the guests and either submit their orders as a show or individually (up to you on the direct shipping charge, you can either ask them to cover that or just eat the charges yourself) depending on the amount of orders. First leave one more message for your host, telling her if you do not hear from her by X date you are going to do this. When you do not hear from her, then take charge and figure out what to do with the orders that you have payment for.I had this happen once. The show didn't even qualify and I ate the direct shipping charge on the two orders I did get payment for.

There are a LOT of problems closing shows after the show party night.

I am considering just not leaving the host's house on party night until I have all the money/orders to close. If she wants to get more orders, fine. But it will all be on HER. If she gets them to me by <date I have set for closing> then they will be included. Otherwise they will not and I will close that night.

Am I missing something?

:mad: Please give me advice!! I have tried, without success, to close a show that I did two weeks ago. I have talked to the host, who says there are more orders and will call tomorrow, several times. I have left messages on her phone, and sent emails. She is just not answering me. I want to close this show out NOW! I did not sleep all last night thinking about what I should do next. I have a mind to leave another phone message (I am sure that she is screening her calls) or send her one more email, telling her that I will pick her $155.00 of free stuff and pay for 2 inexpensive half price items myself submit the show and be done with her. What do you all think??? This has never happened to me before.:cry:

cakepampered said:
:mad: Please give me advice!! I have tried, without success, to close a show that I did two weeks ago. I have talked to the host, who says there are more orders and will call tomorrow, several times. I have left messages on her phone, and sent emails. She is just not answering me. I want to close this show out NOW! I did not sleep all last night thinking about what I should do next. I have a mind to leave another phone message (I am sure that she is screening her calls) or send her one more email, telling her that I will pick her $155.00 of free stuff and pay for 2 inexpensive half price items myself submit the show and be done with her. What do you all think??? This has never happened to me before.:cry:

I wouldn't be so harsh. I would however let her know that you need to have this show count for April and need to hear from her today.

One thing you can do is block your number from showing up on caller id. I can't remember the code, but I'm sure someone here knows.

call from someone else's phone. If she conveniently answers than you know she was ignoring you. Have had that occur!

I have had this happen before and I left one final message for the host saying if I don't hear from you by such and such day and time I was going to pick out her free product and she would not be able to participate in the 1/2 price selections and host bonus.

Also, this is why I close my show's the night/day they are held now. :)

Good luck!

...fyi...*67 is the code to block your number from caller id.GOOD LUCK :)

I recommend leaving the message that Laurie suggests. If the show comes in and she doesn't like what you picked as her free items, then she can exchange them. Sometimes that possible loss of host benefits (bonus, 1/2 price and discounted items) will be the kick in the rear that hosts need.

pamperedpals said:
I have had this happen before and I left one final message for the host saying if I don't hear from you by such and such day and time I was going to pick out her free product and she would not be able to participate in the 1/2 price selections and host bonus.

Also, this is why I close my show's the night/day they are held now. :)

Good luck!

I've never had this happen, but I recommend this, too.

I know it's frustrating but I agree with leaving a message and sending an email - that way you are completely covered - stating that if you don't hear from her by XX time on XX day you will be submitting the show with the orders you have payment for and will choose basic items as her free items and she will be forfeiting her 1/2 price items, hostess special, and discount for the show. If that doesn't get her going then submit the show as it.

1. How do I handle a host who is unresponsive and not closing their show?

If you are having trouble getting a hold of a host to close their show, the first step is to reach out to them via phone, email, or social media to remind them of the importance of closing their show. If they still do not respond, you can contact their consultant or customer service for further assistance.

2. What if my host is unresponsive due to personal reasons?

In cases where the host may have personal reasons for not responding, it is important to be understanding and give them space. You can offer to extend the closing date of their show or find alternative ways for them to close their show, such as through a virtual event or with the help of a co-host.

3. What are the consequences for a host who does not close their show?

If a host does not close their show, they may miss out on host rewards and incentives. This can also reflect poorly on their consultant, as it affects their sales and performance. As a consultant, it is important to communicate the importance of closing a show to your host from the beginning.

4. Can I close a show without the host's involvement?

In most cases, a show cannot be closed without the host's involvement. However, you can try to find other ways for them to close their show, such as through a virtual event or with the help of a co-host. If all else fails, you can contact customer service for further assistance.

5. What can I do to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening in the future, it is important to set clear expectations with your host from the beginning. Make sure they understand the importance of closing their show and the consequences of not doing so. Additionally, staying in constant communication with your host and offering support throughout the process can also help prevent this issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tsm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sassypip
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Michelle817