• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Host to Close the Show ????

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is frustrated with their niece who was supposed to host a show for them, but did not follow instructions and the show is not successful. The person is wondering if they can close the show in someone else's name and give them the benefits. They are advised to put their foot down and give the show to someone else if the niece does not respond. Another person shares their experience of a similar situation and suggests keeping the receipt for food expenses and assigning the orders to another host. The person is thankful for the advice and decides to assign the orders to another host who lives closer to the customers.
mrssyvo
I am having a difficult time getting my host to close the show. What makes it tough is that the host is my neice. I am so frustrated with her. As a favor to her, I drove 180 one way to do a show, gave up a weekend to do it, and not only did she not do how I coached her to (No outside orders, no guests except family, ect, ect ) the show is only at $140.- no show at all, and I have been trying to get her to gather one more order to make it a show so we can close it. The show was the 14th, and now she will not return my calls. I am wondering if I can do this---- Can I close the show in someone else's name and give the benefits to them? My sister-in-law (who placed 1 of the 2 orders) is willing to add to her order to make it a show. Can I close it in her name, and give her the free product? It is $23.00 in free product. As it stands now, it is not a show, and I would have to enter the orders as individual orders anyway. I am at the end of my rope with her, and she does not seem to care. To make matters worse, this was supposed to be a couples show, so we made 2 recipes instead of 1, double ingredients, and I have not been reimbursed for them either.

If it were me, I'd tell her, you obviously have no intentions in making this show succeed for you so I am going to turn it over to so and so and she will earn the free products instead.

Put your foot down. How rude, you drove all that for her, the least she could do is put in the extra order to make it a show.

Go ahead, give it to the other person and get your show.

In my opinion anyway.

Good luck!

I agree with AFwife. Call your neice one last time and tell her that if you don't here from her by such and such date with enough orders to close the show, you are going to have to cancel her show and put the orders on one of your other shows. If she doesn't contact you by the date you told her, I would go ahead and give it to the other gal.

This same type of thing happened to me last June. The show was complete, I just couldn't get my host to close...and when she finally closed, her credit card was declined (the host's). After messing with her credit card for 2-3 days, she finally said never mind on her order and even her free stuff. :eek: To make an incredibly long story short....I ended up submitting a show update in another persons name and they received all of the host credits!

What a pain it was, but in the long run, I ended up ahead of the game. The "new host" was super thrilled and she told all of her friends what had happened and I got an additional 3 shows booked because of all of the mess!

I'm sorry that this happened to you and that you're not only out the money for the food, but also gas. Keep the receipt for the food, and write it off on your taxes as part of your expenses for this show. I know that it's money out of your pocket now, but at least it's not forever. :(

Hope this helps-
Nancy

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply. I wanted to make sure I was not doing something unethical. There were only 3 order for the entire show. 1 was my brother's (her father) 1 was my sister-in-law and then the host did round up 1 $6.00 order from her mom, 1 week after the show. Since they all live downstate, I will just assign another host down there, so that the orders will be shipped there. If I added the orders to another show, the product would be up here with me. Thanks again.

mrssyvo said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I wanted to make sure I was not doing something unethical. There were only 3 order for the entire show. 1 was my brother's (her father) 1 was my sister-in-law and then the host did round up 1 $6.00 order from her mom, 1 week after the show. Since they all live downstate, I will just assign another host down there, so that the orders will be shipped there. If I added the orders to another show, the product would be up here with me. Thanks again.

No problem.

It really sucks when you have a host act like this, especially if they are family. It's clear she didn't put any effort in inviting people other then family to her show. Maybe she expected you to do all the work for her. :rolleyes:

I'm sure your new hostess will welcome with open arms the free products.

I had this happen. She was a friend (who used to sell Creative Memories) so I thought she would be a good host. I called and sent post cards. Finally - 2 days before the show, she said she was going to turn it into a catalog show. She had 4 orders for $95. I had several other shows going that month, so I divided up the orders to bring the other hostess up a level. I listed my friend as a co-host so she could get the 10%, but I let the other hostess - who actually worked on their show - have all the free benefits.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

I did a show for a creative memories consultant, and the whole time she tried to sell me creative memories. I have a friend who sells creative memories, so I wasn't buying from someone else because we support each other. Anyways she only had 3 people show up, 1 her mom, 1 her grandma, and her good friend (also a creative memories consultant). Now she called me a week before the show and asked if I could move her show to Saturday because her husband made plans friday. Well I was torn, I knew I needed the money, but we were leaving at 4AM Saturday Morn to go camping over thanksgiving down in S Cal./Arizona Sand dunes. So we were looking at a 16 hour drive. I talked it over with my husband and we decided to push our trip off a day (to drive by ourselves because all our family and friends left Saturday). Well I will never do that again, we didn't start the show until an hour later, and then it was 96.00 in comm. sales, and she wasn't willing to get anymore orders. The only good thing was I got a booking for december, and her show was 450 in sales, a lot better than 96.
I learned my lesson never put off your vacation for a host. :mad:

What are the benefits of closing the show early?

Closing the show early allows you and your guests to enjoy more time together, without feeling rushed. It also gives you the opportunity to answer any remaining questions and take additional orders.

How do I encourage my host to close the show?

One way to encourage your host to close the show is by reminding them of the potential rewards they can earn, such as free products or discounts. You can also emphasize the time-saving benefits of closing the show early.

What are some effective ways to close the show?

Some effective ways to close the show include offering a special deal or discount for placing an order that night, hosting a game or giveaway, or simply thanking your guests for attending and encouraging them to place an order.

How can I help my host feel comfortable closing the show?

To help your host feel comfortable closing the show, offer to assist with any remaining tasks, such as taking orders or answering questions. You can also provide them with a script or outline to follow to make the process easier.

What should I do if my host is hesitant to close the show?

If your host is hesitant to close the show, try to address any concerns or objections they may have. Remind them of the potential rewards, and offer to help with any tasks. You can also share success stories from previous hosts who closed their shows early.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • melissasutkus