• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Catalog Host Wants to Come Over to Close Her Show

In summary, Amanda is preparing to have a meeting with her guest host, but is not company ready. She has a few small children and is not able to make it easy on the guest host.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've never encountered this before where the host suggests we meet in person to close the show. I've mentioned this show on another thread, but she is the host who was doing an October show, but couldn't get stuff together before the end of the month. She finally got a few orders, around $250 in sales total, plus she plans to purchase things after her FPV gets used up. I asked her if she knew which month special she and her guests were excited about. (Because if she doesn't care, I'm going to encourage her to make it a November show so it helps me with SAT). She said we should meet so I can show her the November specials and explain to her about her options. I said that we could meet in person, or I could explain things to her over the phone, and she prefers to meet at my house. Yikes! I'm not company ready... So I'm running around trying to straighten up. Luckily it's not too bad. But my Monday's are usually my recovery from the weekend day and laundry day. :)

My Monday's are the same, but you'd better get off her and get ready!!:)

You could meet her at a Starbuck's or similar local location. That way you could possibly get more customers because people will be seeing the catalogs, your logo wear, your PC paperwork and will become intrigued. Just a suggestion.

Ha, Ha! Yep, I pop my head in my computer room every now and then as I'm straightening up stuff. :) I'm cleaning the computer desk too, just in case she catches a glimpse of my office. :eek: J/K, it's really not that bad. I just recently reorganized things, so it's not bad. :) I'm waiting on my dryer to finish so I can get dressed! :D

I gave her the option of meeting someplace, but she said she's going to be in my area, so it'll be easier for her to stop by. I have 2 small children, so it's not too easy to cart them around and be professional in an outing (and I can't round up a sitter that fast) anyway.

Good luck!

Good luck, Amanda. Maybe she wants to meet at your house because she wants to talk to you about joining! :D

I have hosts who want to come over ALL THE TIME to close shows..or drop off their guest list, etc.
I try really really hard to have my home at least look presentable...but it's a a pain! Usually it's right when I'm making dinner, or my dd is having a meltdown, or my dh is just coming home from work, etc.

I have met with Hosts lots before - but I live in a small town. With 2 kids - it is easier for me to NOT find a babysitter or haul them with me. I give the Host a heads up about me having kids before hand.

If THE DATE that she wants to meet bothers you - then YOU give her YOUR OPTIONS for dates. It is hard to stay in control of your Calendar (at least it is for me), but well worth NOT having stress over it! :)

If HER meeting you at YOUR house bothers you, just say that it would work better to meet at XXX. I think she will understand.

Some people just like meeting in person, maybe???

1. What is the purpose of a "Catalog Host" and what does it mean to "close her show"?

A "Catalog Host" is someone who has hosted a Pampered Chef party where guests can browse and purchase products from the catalog. "Closing her show" means finalizing the orders and sales from the party.

2. How do I prepare for a visit from a "Catalog Host"?

Make sure you have all the necessary paperwork and order forms ready. Also, have the catalog and any promotional materials available for the host to review. It's also a good idea to have some sample products on hand for the host to demonstrate to potential customers.

3. What should I expect during the meeting with the "Catalog Host"?

The "Catalog Host" will most likely have a list of orders and sales from her party. She may also have questions or concerns about the products or ordering process. Be prepared to go over the orders and address any issues or questions she may have.

4. How do I handle payment and delivery with the "Catalog Host"?

The "Catalog Host" will most likely collect payment from her guests and provide you with a total amount for the orders. You can then arrange for payment and delivery with the host, whether it's through cash, check, or credit card. Make sure to clarify the delivery timeline and any additional fees for shipping.

5. Can I still make changes to the orders after meeting with the "Catalog Host"?

It is best to finalize and confirm all orders with the "Catalog Host" during the meeting. However, if there are any last-minute changes or additions, you can contact the host to make adjustments. Keep in mind that it may affect the delivery timeline and additional fees may apply for any changes made after the meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
adoverpchef
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies