• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants to Use Some of Her Host Fpv Towards a Gift Certificate

In summary, Suzy has a host who has just had $1,000+ show. She will get $215 in FPV, but can't make up her mind as to what to get with it. She is leaving on a 15 day cruise in two days, so I need to finalize things with her ASAP. She has a short list of items she wants, but it doesn't come anywhere near the #215. She asked me if she can put the balance of her FP in a gift certificate to herself. I tried doing that in P3, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not an option available to our hosts?
CathyP
Gold Member
I have a host who has just had $1,000+ show. She will get $215 in FPV, but can't make up her mind as to what to get with it. She is leaving on a 15 day cruise in two days, so I need to finalize things with her ASAP. She has a short list of items she wants, but it doesn't come anywhere near the #215. She asked me if she can put the balance of her FP in a gift certificate to herself. I tried doing that in P3, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not an option available to our hosts? Please help!

I don't think that is an option. Others with more experience may pipe in soon, but I think she either takes it or leaves it.Now, I think what she CAN do is order some products she may want, or maybe isn't sure (how about the 12" family skillet, DCB, or the MFP or Salad Spinner....higher dollar and very much used in most kitchens! She may come to love them later! ) But I was thinking she orders the products, then later if she doesn't like them, she can return them with the 1-yr guarantee and get something else?? ....she'd have to pay the shipping though if it was outside the 30-days, which likely it would be because of her trip. I'm not 100% certain about that though.(Be sure you have that show shipped to YOU because it will arrive before she gets back).

You are right. I found the information in the Policy & Procedures guide and it clearly states a Host cannot use their FPV to purchase Gift Certificates.
I will see her in the morning & explain. I've several suggestions for products that I hope she'll consider. I'd hate to see someone lose that much FPV. One way or another, I'll have to have it straightened out by Friday.
Thanks for your input!

What a problem to have :D

A great point to make at your future parties to increase bookings. "Suzy had a show with me, and she earned so much in free products, that she had to find even more stuff than what she had on her original list!"

Hi there! Congratulations on your successful show and thank you for reaching out. I completely understand the urgency to finalize things before your host leaves for her cruise. The good news is, there are a few options available to your host for using her $215 in FPV. First, she can definitely use the balance towards a gift certificate for herself. To do this, she would need to contact our customer service team directly at 1-800-342-9238. They will be able to assist her with processing the gift certificate and applying the balance of her FPV towards it. Another option is for her to add additional items to her short list to reach the $215 mark. This could be a great opportunity for her to try out some new products or stock up on some of her favorites. Lastly, if she is unable to use the full $215 before she leaves for her trip, she can always use the remaining balance on a future order. FPV does not expire and can be used at any time. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can a host use part of their host FPV towards a gift certificate?

Yes, a host can use a portion of their host FPV (free product value) towards a gift certificate. This option is available to hosts who have earned at least $15 in FPV.

2. How much of the host FPV can be applied towards a gift certificate?

The maximum amount of host FPV that can be used towards a gift certificate is 50% of the total FPV earned. For example, if a host has earned $100 in FPV, they can use up to $50 towards a gift certificate.

3. Can a host use their entire host FPV towards a gift certificate?

No, hosts are only able to use up to 50% of their host FPV towards a gift certificate. The remaining FPV can be used towards free products or discounted items.

4. Is there a minimum purchase amount when using a gift certificate earned from host FPV?

Yes, there is a minimum purchase requirement of $15 when using a gift certificate earned from host FPV. This ensures that the host is able to use their gift certificate towards a meaningful purchase.

5. Can a host use their gift certificate towards shipping costs?

No, gift certificates earned from host FPV cannot be applied towards shipping costs. They can only be used towards the total purchase amount of products or discounted items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedape