• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host and How She Spends Her Fpv

In summary, the conversation is about a host wanting to use her half priced item on a microscraper, but the consultant is trying to explain that it would be better to use it on a more expensive item. They discuss the different options and realize that it would be better to use the half priced item on the more expensive item and get the bar pan using the free product value. The consultant also mentions that she used to try to persuade hosts to order items a certain way, but now she just presents the options and lets them decide. The host agrees to change her order after discussing it with her husband and understanding the logic behind it. They both find it amusing how complicated math can be, especially when they are tired.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host wants to spend one of her half priced items on the microscraper, but get the large bar pan using her free product value. I'm trying to explain to her that usually people have their most expensive item be the 1/2 price item, so they get the better deal, and then get something else free using the FPV. She wasn't understanding the reasoning. I put it in the computer and tried both ways, and it shows that she'll pay $6.16 more by having the bar pan be her 1/2 price item, but then she has $13.75 still available in FPV. So wouldn't that be better? We were both laughing that once it's after 10pm, our brains can't make sense of this stuff. She is going to look at it in the morning and give me her final choices.

I used to try to persuade my hosts to order things a particular way, but now I just put it in the way they tell me. It wasn't worth the headache and the usaully have sat down and worked out the numbers for themselves (at least the one's that really care about it).

I hope you both have clear brains in the morning!!

It depends if she wants to pay as little as possible or get everything she wants.I've had hosts only take the FPV and not use their half price at all. It's their choice and like Kearns I won't try to dissuade them much unless I see that it will benefit them greatly.

I usually do the math both ways and present it to the host so they know what their options are...I don't try to convince them which way works best, just what they get for each option. It's pretty easy to just change your input on P3 and get the math worked out each way, so it's just an extra few steps. HTH.

If she is wanted to pay the least amount of money then the way she wants to do it is best. If there are other things she wants on her wish list then using the 1/2 price item for the higher priced item is best. I tell them both ways but I am always careful to mention that I don't get paid for 1/2 price items or free product value - I've had hostesses suggest that I was trying to get them to do things a certain way because it would mean I get paid more (maybe it's just because of where I live, it's only happened in the last couple of years since we moved to a new state) and they seem more willing to listen to everything I have to say once I tell them that.

Yeah, I entered it in the way she first wanted, and then I told her "just for fun, let's see if it works out differently if I put the bar pan as the 1/2 price item" I did tell her that there are 2 ways of looking at the options: to get the most bang for your buck--the best deal on the most amount of things, or to just use up the free product value getting what you want the most, and spending little out of pocket. I told her that she'll end up spending more money the one way, although she'd get additional savings. I told her that I wanted her to feel comfortable with her choice, that I don't want to convince her to spend more money, I just wanted her to know how the math could work in another way.Anyway, she just e-mailed me back and decided to change it to the way I was explaining. She said she spoke with her husband and "he understood the process right away" and that she guessed she "just needed to talk it out to fully understand the logic." She was really funny on the phone and we were laughing about how funny math can be, especially when we're tired. She had e-mailed me about 4 different times with her wish list, so that's another reason why we were crunching numbers. (She had a $600 show and was so excited about all that she was going to be getting!) :)

pcsharon1 said:
If she is wanted to pay the least amount of money then the way she wants to do it is best. If there are other things she wants on her wish list then using the 1/2 price item for the higher priced item is best. I tell them both ways but I am always careful to mention that I don't get paid for 1/2 price items or free product value - I've had hostesses suggest that I was trying to get them to do things a certain way because it would mean I get paid more (maybe it's just because of where I live, it's only happened in the last couple of years since we moved to a new state) and they seem more willing to listen to everything I have to say once I tell them that.

Yes, I agree, thanks for reminding me, I was going to mention that before. I did say that to her, so that she would understand I was truly just trying to help her spend her FPV in the way that benefitted her the most, and that I wasn't doing it for my benefit. And as it turned out, this way I didn't earn any commission on her order, but the other way she was originally thinking I would've had a couple bucks. ;)

1. How can I become a host and earn free products?

As a Pampered Chef host, you can earn free products by hosting a cooking show and inviting your friends and family to attend. The more guests you have, the more free products you can earn. You can also earn additional rewards by booking future shows with your friends and family.

2. What is FPV and how does it work?

FPV stands for Free Product Value, and it is the amount of free products you can earn as a host. This value is based on a percentage of the total sales from your cooking show. For example, if your show has $500 in sales, your FPV would be $100, which you can use towards free products of your choice.

3. Can I choose the products I want as my host rewards?

Yes, as a host, you have the flexibility to choose which products you want as your host rewards. You can use your FPV towards any products in our catalog, including exclusive host-only items. You can also use your FPV towards discounted items and bundles.

4. How long do I have to redeem my host rewards?

You have 30 days from the date of your cooking show to redeem your host rewards. If you need more time, you can extend the redemption period by booking another show within 30 days of your original show. This will also earn you additional rewards.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if I have a virtual cooking show?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards by hosting a virtual cooking show. You can invite your friends and family to join the virtual show and make purchases through your personal shopping link. Your FPV will be calculated based on the total sales from your virtual show, and you can use it towards free products of your choice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies