• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calculating Host Specials and Earnings - $500 & DCB ($34)

In summary, the host can apply her earnings towards her host special and her 1/2-price items, but she cannot use her free product towards the 60% or 1/2-price items.
SherryLynn
Gold Member
I am closing out my first real show tomorrow. I have watched the videos on PC. My host says she is hoping to pay $0 tomorrow. If she has a $500 and she wants the DCB ($34 as a host special) can she apply her earnings towards her host special and her half price item and the rest towards other products? She would then only have to pay tax? I'd like to tell her how much she will owe when I leave tomorrow night not go home and enter it and call her since she will probably write a check. If I understand from the video the free product value can not be applied to host specials. Is that right?

I am going to try to enter it on the beta app on my phone because I am nervous about messing it up. I want to have the math done for me so I know it's correct.

Thanks!

Nope. I explain to my host that these benefits are separate from each other. It would be like double dipping if you could use your FREE product on your 60% or on your 1/2-price items. As a Host, you're already getting a great deal on those items. She will not pay tax on anything that is free. She does not have to purchase expensive items for her 1/2-price choices. She could walk away with out paying anything -- there is no rule that says she has to choose 1/2-price or the monthly host special. She can buy what she wants till her free product runs out.

Thanks Jeanine. I did a test show to figure it out too. She's also PA so I needed to figure out taxes. We don't have tax in Delaware. My first official show and it's completely foreign to me. I did a small catalog show but it was DE and the host had a decent order list (including a rock crok with the deep covered baker on special.). Thanks so much.

What is the difference between a $500 and DCB host special?

The $500 host special is a promotion where the host can earn a special set of products for hosting a party with at least $500 in sales. DCB stands for "Dollar to Choose" and is a reward that hosts can use to select products from our catalog at a discounted price based on their party sales.

How do I calculate my earnings as a host for a $500 and DCB party?

To calculate your earnings for a $500 host special, simply add up the total retail value of the products you earned from the special. For DCB, you can use the provided chart to determine the discounted prices for the products you wish to purchase with your DCB.

Can I combine my $500 host special and DCB rewards?

Yes, you can combine your $500 host special and DCB rewards to maximize your earnings. For example, if you earned $50 in DCB and also qualified for the $500 host special, you can use your DCB to purchase products from the special at a discounted price.

Can I earn both the $500 host special and the DCB rewards from one party?

Yes, you can earn both rewards from one party as long as your party sales reach at least $500. However, keep in mind that the $500 host special is a one-time reward per party, while DCB can be earned multiple times based on your party sales.

How long do I have to use my DCB rewards?

DCB rewards must be used within 45 days after the close of your party. After this time, the rewards will expire and cannot be used for future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • mjbroncobabe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies