• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host not using specials and benefits - What should I do?

In summary, one consultant shared a story about a host who was originally planning on doing a cooking show but changed it to a catalog show due to difficulty getting guests to come to her house. The host only ordered enough to reach the $150 level, earning her no free or half-price items. Other consultants shared their experiences with hosts not using their benefits or not ordering anything at all. Some suggested offering benefits to a valuable customer who has ordered a lot in the past, but others cautioned against this as it goes against company policy. It was also mentioned that HO may randomly audit shows and it is important to follow policies to avoid any issues.
kam
Staff member
I have a host who was going to do a cooking show. She was having a hard time getting people that would come so far to her house, so she changed it to a catalog show.

Then when we put her catalog show in, she got to the $150 level. This did not earn her any FPV or half-price items. She decided not to order anything for herself.

Has anyone had this happen where the host does not order anything at all??

Never had a host not order ANYTHING, but I've had hosts only order the free stuff and not pay for the discounted items, so I guess it makes sense. She should have worked harder to get more orders - at $200, she would have earned at least $10 in free product and made it worth her while!

I did before. I didn't even put the host in, just had her name in the host information.

I had a host in Feb. that did not use the host special(2 items @60%off)....then to top it off the lady she booked from didn't want to use the her booking benefit either. So there were 4 items @ 60% off that were not used. Of course I asked to use this discount...worked out great for me. But for the life of me I have no idea why these ladies did not want to use the specials!

I'm getting ready to close a party for a host that has worked really hard and even though her party only ended up around $360 she closed with over $800! She is only ordering the amount of product she gets free and not using her half price or her host specials.

She's told me that if I want to use them that is fine with her... this is okay to do? Has anyone ever offered the half price item to a really valuable customer that has ordered a lot in the past? Curious what I should do...

cathyskitchen said:
Never had a host not order ANYTHING, but I've had hosts only order the free stuff and not pay for the discounted items, so I guess it makes sense. She should have worked harder to get more orders - at $200, she would have earned at least $10 in free product and made it worth her while!

She is pretty close to $200 - so she is going to try to get there. But, she did not order one single thing for herself. I felt bad.

silly@hrt said:
She's told me that if I want to use them that is fine with her... this is okay to do? Has anyone ever offered the half price item to a really valuable customer that has ordered a lot in the past? Curious what I should do...

"Legally" the benefits are for the hosts... however I have used them before if the host said they didn't want them and I could use them. Expecially when I was brand new and needed to build up my kit. I wouldn't offer it to a past host though because of the warranty issues.

Now that I am thinking about this...absolutely nothing will be on the host order. No monthly special, nothing. Will HO question this?

hperschnick said:
"Legally" the benefits are for the hosts... however I have used them before if the host said they didn't want them and I could use them. Expecially when I was brand new and needed to build up my kit. I wouldn't offer it to a past host though because of the warranty issues.

If you were to offer it to a good past host, you could always put them down as a co-host. That way they are covered for the warranty. Same thing with yourself - if you use the host benefits, put yourself as a co-host for warranty issues.

It's not a good precident to offer benefits to someone if they didn't earn them. A good customer who has ordered a lot is sure to have been told by you that she could be getting a discount if she hosted. HO has been auditing a lot of shows lately. They call the host and guests at random and ask about their experience. What if you put in a co-host and the host says there was none?

It is against PC policy to do these things and does nothing to help your business. It is also against policy for a consultant to use a host's benefits. We can always host our own show to get them.

As far as the host not using the benefits: HO will not question this. It happens.

Mduran said:
If you were to offer it to a good past host, you could always put them down as a co-host. That way they are covered for the warranty. Same thing with yourself - if you use the host benefits, put yourself as a co-host for warranty issues.
A consultant can not be a co-host.

I've had hosts collect orders in the past that did not make it to a qualifying show, so I added the orders to another show, put that host as a co-host to get the 10% PHD and offered the host 20% anything she wanted to order so she could at least get a bit of a discount. Or if her orders brought the show to a next level I gave her the extra FPV that resulted $20 or $25 whatever it was. Usually the show I combined it with was one I was working on as the host, but if it was another host I would let her know what I was doing so she wouldn't wonder why there is a co-host, just as a courtesy.

I haven't had any trouble putting a co host on my own shows.

BethCooks4U said:
As far as the host not using the benefits: HO will not question this. It happens.

It's not as if she didn't use any benefits - she didn't even order anything for herself. There are NO items under her name. No host special or anything!

I am not going to use her host special and I am not going to offer it to anyone else. I just didn't know if HO cares that the host ordered NOTHING at all!! It just seems strange. I mean, why host at all...why go through the hassle of even asking for the orders....Again, I just feel bad.

PCSarahjm said:
I had a host in Feb. that did not use the host special(2 items @60%off)....then to top it off the lady she booked from didn't want to use the her booking benefit either. So there were 4 items @ 60% off that were not used. Of course I asked to use this discount...worked out great for me. But for the life of me I have no idea why these ladies did not want to use the specials!

I don't understand how you use these benefits, that is, the mechanics of it. Do you give them a receipt for their own items, then add (and, of course, pay for) the discounted items to their individual listing in P3 for the show?

Still trying to understand the ins and outs. :balloon: Thanks!!

1. How do I use the Spiral and Slice tool?

The Spiral and Slice tool can be used for cutting vegetables and fruits into spirals or slices for garnishing or cooking. To use it, simply insert the desired produce into the tool and twist the handle to create the desired shape.

2. What is the best way to clean my stoneware baking pan?

The best way to clean your stoneware baking pan is to let it cool completely, then soak it in warm soapy water for 10-15 minutes. Use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to gently scrub off any residue, and rinse with warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on stoneware.

3. How do I adjust the blade on my food chopper?

To adjust the blade on your food chopper, first make sure it is unplugged and the blade is not in use. Then, remove the blade and reposition it to the desired setting by twisting it. Make sure it is securely in place before using the chopper again.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef products in the microwave?

Many of our products are safe to use in the microwave, but it is important to check the specific product instructions before use. Our stoneware and cookware, for example, are not recommended for use in the microwave.

5. How do I know if my cookware is oven-safe?

Most of our cookware is oven-safe, but it is important to check the specific product instructions before use. Look for the maximum temperature the cookware can withstand, as well as any specific guidelines for use in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • pamperedberry