• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Catalog Show Benefits: Avoiding Dilemmas with Hosts and Orders

In summary, the cook had difficulty getting orders for her catalog show, so the speaker offered to give her orders from her show in exchange for a 60% discount on an item from the show.
Jennie4PC
I have a host who said she would do a catalog show for me so I caould have a show in Dec. When I was talking to her I told her I would add orders that came my way to her show. Well since we started I did have enough to make 1 show and that has been submitted and I told her that, but when I got her orders from her show she had 2 orders totalling 51.00. I have over 150 alone in sales from people calling me. Do I give her all the benefits when she didnt really do anything? When I told her I would give her the orders I honestly didnt think she would only get 50 in sales.

That really stinks that she didn't have more orders, but I think you're kinda stuck giving them to her because you said you would. Or you could go back to her and give her more time to collect more orders.

I have had that happen before where I told the host (cooking show) that I had some orders to add to her show. Never again will I do that before a show because it was almost like she didn't even try.

What you could do is just put $100 of you rorders together and then her orders and it qualifies as a show. Because at $150 for a catalog show there is no FPV onlythe 15% discount. So really she isn't getting anything except the host special and you are getting a show and if the host orders anything else it's commissionable after the 15%.

Last edited:
What I do is add their orders to another show of mine, and offer them the difference in host benefits when their non-qualified orders bump up my other show another level.

For example, you have $150 sitting in your lap. That qualifies you to receive the benefits of that level. When you add her $51 in orders to your show, you qualify for the $200 level. So, you take the benefits of the $150 level and offer her the remainder. Make sense?

This way, she is semi-rewarded for getting something but you are not rewarding her an entire shows worth. With her orders, you now have an extra $51 in sales so it's nice to throw a little bone her way. ;)

Thanks guys. I think I will do what Caressa suggested.

I don't usually do that. If it's not a show - it's not a show. I'll add other things on to make it a show but the host will not get any host benefits. If I feel she/he worked hard but just didn't quite make it I'll add a consolation "prize" such as a mini spatula or spreader to her order as a gift.

I would give her ONE host 60% off item and then the 20% discount. That's more than fair. You keep the free product, you earned it more than she did, maybe next time she'll make an effort and not rely on you so much, I wonder if she only half did it knowing that you would cover for her. I wouldn't give her ANYTHING for free.

I have decided for sure to give her the 20% discount. Since that is unlimited. I am really happy that I will be submitting my 2 shows for Dec. Just kicking myself for submitting my Nov show in Dec so I had sales. It would have bummped me up to the 3k level in SAT. But owell at least i am getting free stuff.

1. How can I encourage my host to invite more guests to their catalog show?

One way to encourage your host to invite more guests is by offering a special incentive for every guest they bring to the show. This could be a free product or a discount on their order.

2. What should I do if my host is having trouble getting orders from their guests?

If your host is having trouble getting orders from their guests, try suggesting a booking incentive for each guest who places an order. This could be a discount on their next order or a free product.

3. How can I avoid conflicts between orders from different guests?

To avoid conflicts between orders from different guests, make sure to clearly communicate the ordering process and deadlines to your host and their guests. Encourage guests to place their orders early to avoid any last-minute rush or confusion.

4. What if my host wants to add more items to their order after the show has ended?

If your host wants to add more items to their order after the show has ended, remind them that the show is over and any additional items will need to be ordered separately. You can also suggest hosting another show or party to take advantage of any current promotions or discounts.

5. How can I ensure my host receives the most benefits from their catalog show?

To ensure your host receives the most benefits from their catalog show, make sure to keep them informed about any current promotions or discounts. Encourage them to invite as many guests as possible and offer incentives for bookings and orders. Also, follow up with them after the show to make sure they are satisfied with their experience and offer any additional support if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedberry