• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I make them be co-hosts?

lesliec

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2010
I had a show about a week and a half ago. I tried to host coach, but she wouldn't really listen. I kept telling her that a posting on FB wasn't an invitation and that she needed to make phone calls and personally invite people.... gave her lots of options..... She ended up only having 2 people show up. I contemplated canceling, but I am new, and need the practice. She had about $50 in sales and an outside order for $15. I told her that she would have to round up orders to get it to $150. I have talked to her a couple of times, but she keeps giving me the run around.
A couple of weeks ago I had a friend who said some ladies at her work wanted to order. Gave her catalog show stuff. She wasn't sure she would get $150 worth, I told her not to worry b/c I could combine it with another show (She wasn't worried about hostess benefits). My friend collected $100 in orders and I have added them onto the other girl's show. Now the first hostess won't call me back, and I am really irritated. I didn't mind helping her out and giving her some extra orders to help her get some free stuff, but at this point, I don't really want to just give her free stuff for not doing anything.
I think I am going to put them down as co-hosts and make her share the benefits (only $15). Honestly if she won't call me back I can just change it over to my friend's show and give her all of the benefits. She hasn't given me her order, but I am going to close this before the end of the month.
Opinions?

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
Leave a VM for the show host that you want to make sure that the people (all 2 of them!!) who were at the show get their orders in a timely manner so you're going to submit them by Monday night. She has until noon on Monday to get back to you with any additional orders and her order. Don't even mention host benefits. She hasn't done anything to earn them.

Find out from your friend if she wants anything. Again, a message about needing to know by noon on Monday. Give her the host benefits.

Combine the orders into a show. Depending on the guarantee on the products, combine orders from the live show into one order to save on direct shipping. Use your judgment based on where they live and whether they're friends, etc. as to how you're going to get the order(s) to them - direct ship or have the show sent to you and you deliver.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Leave a VM for the show host that you want to make sure that the people (all 2 of them!!) who were at the show get their orders in a timely manner so you're going to submit them by Monday night. She has until noon on Monday to get back to you with any additional orders and her order. Don't even mention host benefits. She hasn't done anything to earn them.

Find out from your friend if she wants anything. Again, a message about needing to know by noon on Monday. Give her the host benefits.

Combine the orders into a show. Depending on the guarantee on the products, combine orders from the live show into one order to save on direct shipping. Use your judgment based on where they live and whether they're friends, etc. as to how you're going to get the order(s) to them - direct ship or have the show sent to you and you deliver.

Send the show to you. I would say SUNDAY is the deadline. Monday is a holiday and you deserve one so try to get them to respect that. It also gives you Monday to try to get up with them if they don't reply as you asked.

cheflorraine

Gold Member
May 19, 2009
Sometimes when I've had these situations the host has ordered enough to make it a show, and then I will juggle the numbers to get them some benefits (put enough of the host order in as a guest to get it up to the minimum), but that doesn't sound like it'll be the case here.

Otherwise, if I have a collection of orders that doesn't qualify as a show, and I round up a few extra orders so that I can submit it (which you did, essentially), then I put myself in as host and keep the host benefits for myself. It's obviously not much, but I have gotten some little things that I've wanted for myself, or gotten one of the host specials.

But it would be very sweet of you to give those benefits to your friend, although you wouldn't be obligated to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views