• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Make Them Be Co-Hosts?

In summary, the show host unsuccessfully tried to host a coach for her new show and ended up only having two people show up. She contemplated canceling the show, but decided to put the co-hosts down as hosts and give the show to the friend who collected the orders. The show host is waiting on a reply from the friend about whether she wants any more orders.
lesliec
I had a show about a week and a half ago. I tried to host coach, but she wouldn't really listen. I kept telling her that a posting on FB wasn't an invitation and that she needed to make phone calls and personally invite people.... gave her lots of options..... She ended up only having 2 people show up. I contemplated canceling, but I am new, and need the practice. She had about $50 in sales and an outside order for $15. I told her that she would have to round up orders to get it to $150. I have talked to her a couple of times, but she keeps giving me the run around.
A couple of weeks ago I had a friend who said some ladies at her work wanted to order. Gave her catalog show stuff. She wasn't sure she would get $150 worth, I told her not to worry b/c I could combine it with another show (She wasn't worried about hostess benefits). My friend collected $100 in orders and I have added them onto the other girl's show. Now the first hostess won't call me back, and I am really irritated. I didn't mind helping her out and giving her some extra orders to help her get some free stuff, but at this point, I don't really want to just give her free stuff for not doing anything.
I think I am going to put them down as co-hosts and make her share the benefits (only $15). Honestly if she won't call me back I can just change it over to my friend's show and give her all of the benefits. She hasn't given me her order, but I am going to close this before the end of the month.
Opinions?

Leave a VM for the show host that you want to make sure that the people (all 2 of them!!) who were at the show get their orders in a timely manner so you're going to submit them by Monday night. She has until noon on Monday to get back to you with any additional orders and her order. Don't even mention host benefits. She hasn't done anything to earn them.

Find out from your friend if she wants anything. Again, a message about needing to know by noon on Monday. Give her the host benefits.

Combine the orders into a show. Depending on the guarantee on the products, combine orders from the live show into one order to save on direct shipping. Use your judgment based on where they live and whether they're friends, etc. as to how you're going to get the order(s) to them - direct ship or have the show sent to you and you deliver.

Becca_in_MD said:
Leave a VM for the show host that you want to make sure that the people (all 2 of them!!) who were at the show get their orders in a timely manner so you're going to submit them by Monday night. She has until noon on Monday to get back to you with any additional orders and her order. Don't even mention host benefits. She hasn't done anything to earn them.

Find out from your friend if she wants anything. Again, a message about needing to know by noon on Monday. Give her the host benefits.

Combine the orders into a show. Depending on the guarantee on the products, combine orders from the live show into one order to save on direct shipping. Use your judgment based on where they live and whether they're friends, etc. as to how you're going to get the order(s) to them - direct ship or have the show sent to you and you deliver.

Send the show to you. I would say SUNDAY is the deadline. Monday is a holiday and you deserve one so try to get them to respect that. It also gives you Monday to try to get up with them if they don't reply as you asked.

Sometimes when I've had these situations the host has ordered enough to make it a show, and then I will juggle the numbers to get them some benefits (put enough of the host order in as a guest to get it up to the minimum), but that doesn't sound like it'll be the case here.Otherwise, if I have a collection of orders that doesn't qualify as a show, and I round up a few extra orders so that I can submit it (which you did, essentially), then I put myself in as host and keep the host benefits for myself. It's obviously not much, but I have gotten some little things that I've wanted for myself, or gotten one of the host specials.But it would be very sweet of you to give those benefits to your friend, although you wouldn't be obligated to.

Hi there, it sounds like you have had a frustrating experience with your recent hostess. It can be tough when someone doesn't follow through with their hostess responsibilities, especially when you are new and trying to gain experience. It's great that you were able to combine her orders with another show, but it's understandable that you don't want to give her all the benefits if she hasn't put in any effort. It sounds like you have given her multiple chances to follow through, so I think it's fair to make her a co-host and share the benefits with your friend. As a consultant, it's important to prioritize your time and efforts, and it seems like your friend has been more helpful and reliable in this situation. In the future, you may want to consider implementing a hostess agreement or contract to ensure that your hostesses understand their responsibilities and commitments. Good luck with your future shows!

1. Should I make them be co-hosts for my Pampered Chef party?

It ultimately depends on what you and your co-hosts are comfortable with. Co-hosting can be a great way to share the workload and increase the number of guests at your party. However, it's important to communicate clearly and make sure everyone is on the same page.

2. How do I choose who to make a co-host for my party?

Consider asking friends or family members who are supportive, organized, and enthusiastic about Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your consultant for suggestions or consider co-hosting with someone who has a large network of potential guests.

3. Can I make more than one person a co-host for my party?

Yes, you can have multiple co-hosts for your party. This can be a great way to involve more people and expand your guest list. Just make sure to communicate clearly with all co-hosts and divide responsibilities evenly.

4. What are the benefits of co-hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Co-hosting can help alleviate some of the pressure of hosting a party on your own and can also bring in more guests and potential sales. It can also be a fun way to bond with friends or family members.

5. How do I split the rewards and benefits with my co-hosts?

When it comes to splitting rewards and benefits, it's important to communicate clearly with your co-hosts and come to an agreement that works for everyone. You can choose to split the rewards equally or divide them based on the level of involvement each co-host has in the party. Your consultant can also provide guidance on how to fairly split the rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies